“Better than 5 Star Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northern California
“Better than 5 Star Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed because of the proximity to the Stephens Convention Center. From the time the shuttle picked me up at the airport - EVERYONE - provided service way above and beyond what was expected.

You ask a yes / no question and they give you the answer plus extra Helpful information. You ask for something, they bring it quickly and something extra to enhance what you asked for.

Rooms were quiet, clean, comfortable. I called housekeeping to ask if they had any dental floss and a comb, they answered no floss but they would bring a comb right up. Well, knock at the door and they have comb & FLOSS - they went down to the hotel's store and got some. Easy answer would have been - "well we have it at the shop" - but nope, they went and got it and gave it to me free.

Restaurant was OK food, but again, Excellent service. Welcome back, thank you for dining with us again, etc. Small talk, recommendations...

Bar was typical hotel bar, but again, Excellent service. Wait people and bartenders were VERY friendly.

Only complaint - and it probably belongs to the convention center - but - the walkway between the hotel and the convention center was 90 degrees - no exaggeration - hotter than the fires of hades - Turn the Heater Down!

My compliments to the management of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare - they have obviously instilled a sense of pride and true customer service in their staff - and my Thanks to the staff for making my stay pleasurable.

Room Tip: Don't worry about noise inside - room is designed to prevent it from coming in. Stayed in room...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
What a wonderful review to share with the team! We truly strive to exceed our guests' expecations and delighted to learn that you noticed. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here with a free voucher from American Airlines thanks to a missed connection. There is a free shuttle that takes people from the airport to the hotel. It runs pretty frequently and is a short ride.

We arrived around 8:30 p.m. and there was a huge line at check-in. I assume most of these people were also spending the night after a flight fiasco, but it would have been nice if they could have had more staff to man the front desk. We waited at least 20-30 minutes to check in.

Once we checked in, we headed up to our room. It was kind of off in some weird corner away from the main atrium. It ended up being a very nice, quiet nook. The room was very nice and very upscale. I was very impressed with it. The way the elevator banks are situated it can be quite confusing which direction to go when you come off.

We were starving so we headed to the restaurant in the lobby. It's more of a sports bar feel with sushi on the side. The prices were reasonable and the food was decent, but the service was awful! We waited forever for a waitress to come take our order, deliver our drinks, food, bill, etc. We were short on patience after a long day of flying.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I understand how frustrating it must have been to wait at all, after having your travel plans delayed due to a missed connection. I hope the further delays did not overshadow your entire experience.
Mexico, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went to run the Chicago Marathon and I couln´t find any hotels at downtown. However I found this hotel near O'Hare Airport with an excellent location and near the blue line so travel to downtown is so easy and in about 30 minutes you get there.
Amenities, furnutire, rooms are very nice. I really slept so well and I was treated so friendly.I had breakfast every morning at the hotel and the food was so tasty.
I needed to do some excersise and the have a very nice gym.

I just have two complains, one of them is that I made my reservation through a travel agency but at the time I arrived at the hotel they did not find my reservation and made me wait about an hour, and never offer me a solution people at front desk wanted me to call to the travel agency and solve it by my own, which I do not consider is fair because at the end it was a hotel reservation system's problem.
By the other hand, the cleanliness of my room was ok the the first day but during the week my bathroom was not clean and there was such a mess. Kindly the hotel offered me and apology.

After all, I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel so I highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Congratulations on such a great accomplishment, running the Chicago Marathon! Your recommendation is very important to us. Thank you for the feedback regarding the concerns you had, so that we can address them and resolve those issues in the future.
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Hotel is located just 10 mins away from airport and they have shuttle from/to airport running around the clock every 15 mins. Pick-up place is easy to find after a minor walk from arrival hall but signs are everywhere pointing you to right place. I don't understand how downtown hotel prices in Chicago can be so astronomical compared to O'Hare hotels. Take 30-35 min CTA train to Loop and save hundreds of $. We managed to find great bargain deal via Trivago.com, you might wanna try that site.

Hotel has a restaurant for breakfast and dinner but it's a bit pricy. Also a sports bar where you get burgers and pizza etc. Also they have coffee shop at lobby for quick breakfast or snack. Hotel amenities are very good like in Hyatt usually. Planes are landing just over the hotel which might bother someone but we didn't have any problems sleeping due to that. Overall recommendable hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is just wonderful to see a 5 star review! Your feedback is much appreciated.
Temple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This trip was my second stay at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, the last time was 7 years ago. I picked this hotel because of the proximity to the convention center. If you're working or attending a show at the convention center, no hotel is more convenient; it's attached by a climate controlled (sort of) walkway.
The hotel is a bit dated, but generally very nice. I haven't stayed in a "regular" room; my room was in one of the round towers. Because of the shape of the towers, the rooms are a bit odd in shape, but the sleeping area is reasonably large and comfortable. The bathrooms, because of the shape of the rooms and the age of the hotel, are a bit small, around 30 square feet total. Only enough room for one person, which makes getting ready a bit more time consuming. (My wife traveled with me this trip).
My biggest issue with the room was the noise level. Because of the proximity to the airport, there is a lot of aircraft noise, however this pretty much stops after about 10pm with the flying day winding down, however it can be a bit annoying when trying to take a little afternoon nap!
The other problem is that, either the walls are very thin or there is some sort of issue with sound traveling around the glass walls. We had to listen to our neighbors engaged in a very spirited "romantic" interlude, as well as another neighbor conducting business on the phone. One morning at around 4 am a couple began a loud discussion regarding their night out. Could have been the romantic couple.
The food at the American Grill in the hotel was very good, though at $18, the breakfast buffet was a bit over priced. Then again, it was convenient.
Would I stay there again? Maybe. There are now several newer hotels almost as convenient that may bear a closer looking at.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear that we were unable to offer you a restful night's sleep due to neighbornig noise. I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you and your wife a better experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We got stuck in Chicago overnight and decided on this place. So glad we did! We had a mix up using their computer check in which gave us a room that had not been cleaned yet, but they took care of it right away and very professionally and gave us a $50 voucher to use on anything in the hotel. We stayed in an executive room which was extremely quiet and comfortable. The beds was great, tv, wifi, and dry cleaning was also very much apreciated. The bar was very good and we took advantage of their sushi night. Also got room service later that was very quick and yummy. After being stranded in airports this was literally heaven for us to have somewhere do luxurious and comfortable to relax and unwind. Shuttle to and from was great too, defiantly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
How wonderful that you were able to enjoy so many of the amenities. After a long trip and airport delays, we certainly understand how important it is that you feel comfortable to relax and unwind. We hope to see you again soon!
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was in town attending a convention across the street at the Donald Stephens Convention Center and stayed at the Hyatt since it was the hq hotel for the show. The hotel itself is nice, very modern decor and the staff is very attentive and accomodating. Be aware that as a "convention" hotel, all prices for services and f/b are very pricey!
Rooms are clean and comfortable. I was in the Executive Wing which was a little bit dated but that's the only complaint.
The Hyatt runs a complimentary shuttle to/from O'Hare and upon arriving in town, a hotel representative will meet you on the shuttle and check you in to your room, complete w/room keys, before leaving the airport. Nice touch!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
How wonderful that you enjoyed our newest addition to the Front Desk, Mobile Check In! While you are waiting for the shuttle, we are checking you in and getting you your room keys. We hope to save our busy traveling guests as much time as we can.