I selected the The Hyatt O'Hare for a 5 day conference for my Company after staying here one night in May. This is a huge hotel, and I hit a low double digit rate on Priceline for the May stay.
I have to say that in my 27 years of traveling as an airline employee, I have yet to stay in ANY hotel that offered me the level of personal service that I received here. The employees over 5 days always smiled and engaged me in conversation so pleasantly that even when I was in a rush, I had to slow down, take a breath, and chat. I never felt their efforts were contrived. This is a strong 4-Star property, and I would ADD a hal star for the service, but take it back for the removal of the pool.
Check In-Although I had checked-in online early in the morning, I arrived to find a glitch in the system, and my room was not ready. This initially upset me, but the Manager provided me with access to the Regency Club until my room was ready. I was able to have some snacks and a couple of drinks which smoothed the hour wait for my room to be cleaned.
Bell Desk-Rich at the Bell Desk helped me to my room. He was pleasant and engaged me in pleasant conversation. He gave me more information about the hotel than I had ever receieved elsewhere, and when I asked if the hotel shuttle could drop me at the rental car compnay, he told me no. He then went on to ask if he could check with a local Enterprise Car Rental to see if they could match the rate. At first, i declined, but then he added they would pick me up and bring me back. On that basis, I let him. Ten minutes later he called that they beat the rate AND would pick me up at my specified time. As I passed through the lobby over 5 days, he always addressed me by name and asked how my stay was going and if I needed anything.
Restaurants-Breakfast in the restaurant was included in our rate. I am not a breakfast person, but after the first morning, I made sure I got up early enough to eat. Their buffet ($18.50) is huge, fresh, and spotlessly kept. OJ is included and they use Tropicana. Eggs to order at the omelet station were perfect. One morning, I ordered off the menu and had their corned beef hash which is home made. Never had anything like it and want more now that I am home.
The Red Bar had great Sushi, sandwiches, and dinners. Excellent service. There is a cafe downstairs with great take-out sandwiches, snacks, sundries, and a Starbucks counter.
Room-The room was very large. My room was a disabled accessible room with a walk in shower. It had 2 queen beds, a flat screen TV, desk area, and a balcony (Room 678). My only observation--Why did they put the disbled room at the furthest point from the elevator????
Business Center-They have a FedEx Kinkos right in the hotel. It's about 60% more expensive than other Kinko's, but in a hotel, 15 cents for a photocopy is still a steal. More importantly, they are 24 hours for hotel guests, and a 6PM FedEx last pick-up time.
I don't have enough good things to say about the Hyatt O'Hare, except that I can't wait to return in October for our next conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare International Airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel