“The BEST service in 27 Years of Travel!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I selected the The Hyatt O'Hare for a 5 day conference for my Company after staying here one night in May. This is a huge hotel, and I hit a low double digit rate on Priceline for the May stay.

I have to say that in my 27 years of traveling as an airline employee, I have yet to stay in ANY hotel that offered me the level of personal service that I received here. The employees over 5 days always smiled and engaged me in conversation so pleasantly that even when I was in a rush, I had to slow down, take a breath, and chat. I never felt their efforts were contrived. This is a strong 4-Star property, and I would ADD a hal star for the service, but take it back for the removal of the pool.

Check In-Although I had checked-in online early in the morning, I arrived to find a glitch in the system, and my room was not ready. This initially upset me, but the Manager provided me with access to the Regency Club until my room was ready. I was able to have some snacks and a couple of drinks which smoothed the hour wait for my room to be cleaned.
Bell Desk-Rich at the Bell Desk helped me to my room. He was pleasant and engaged me in pleasant conversation. He gave me more information about the hotel than I had ever receieved elsewhere, and when I asked if the hotel shuttle could drop me at the rental car compnay, he told me no. He then went on to ask if he could check with a local Enterprise Car Rental to see if they could match the rate. At first, i declined, but then he added they would pick me up and bring me back. On that basis, I let him. Ten minutes later he called that they beat the rate AND would pick me up at my specified time. As I passed through the lobby over 5 days, he always addressed me by name and asked how my stay was going and if I needed anything.

Restaurants-Breakfast in the restaurant was included in our rate. I am not a breakfast person, but after the first morning, I made sure I got up early enough to eat. Their buffet ($18.50) is huge, fresh, and spotlessly kept. OJ is included and they use Tropicana. Eggs to order at the omelet station were perfect. One morning, I ordered off the menu and had their corned beef hash which is home made. Never had anything like it and want more now that I am home.

The Red Bar had great Sushi, sandwiches, and dinners. Excellent service. There is a cafe downstairs with great take-out sandwiches, snacks, sundries, and a Starbucks counter.

Room-The room was very large. My room was a disabled accessible room with a walk in shower. It had 2 queen beds, a flat screen TV, desk area, and a balcony (Room 678). My only observation--Why did they put the disbled room at the furthest point from the elevator????

Business Center-They have a FedEx Kinkos right in the hotel. It's about 60% more expensive than other Kinko's, but in a hotel, 15 cents for a photocopy is still a steal. More importantly, they are 24 hours for hotel guests, and a 6PM FedEx last pick-up time.

I don't have enough good things to say about the Hyatt O'Hare, except that I can't wait to return in October for our next conference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Rich has been with us longer than we've been open! He is hands-down, one of the best! Thank you for the incredible review and we will send Rich your best. We look forward to your return for the next conference!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,174)

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have stayed at the Hyatt a few times now as I commute in and out of Chicago for business. And I don't often say this about hotels - but this one is getting better.

They have recently introduced free wireless internet in addition to the premium high speed internet which comes at a price. However the free version is more than adequate to get email and do simple web browsing. This makes for a very nice change from those 4+ star hotels that seem to believe they have a right to charge for the Internet as against Motel 6 where it is free. In addition the free internet extends to their airport shuttle buses.

In addition I see they are promoting cheaper parking at the nearby public transportation station which offers a reasonable saving for those concerned with the high costs at the hotel.

And the hotel bar is a good quality bar and the sushi while not amazing is quite adequate and reasonably priced.

All in all I see management and a corporate committed to improving this already solid location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

We absolutely are committed to Hyatt Regency O'Hare getting better and better. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to do so. We are so glad that you enjoyed the newsletter, highlighting so many of the options available to our treasured guests. Come back and stay with again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Lovely hotel lobby. Great reception area. Very helpful staff. Great gym. The big down side was the bedroom.
The bedroom had a strong musty smell. Very unpleasant. The bathroom was tiny. Over a good place to lay your head for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not smell !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed one night prior to our vacation to Hawaii and took advantage of the Park Sleep and Fly deal. First of all check in was surprisingly easy for such a big hotel and the staff was very helpful. The rooms our very modern, tasteful and what you would expect from this type of hotel. We also utilized the fitness center and it also was one of the better onesI've seen at a hotel.

But my high rating is mostly due to the value of the Park Sleep and Fly deal. We parked our car for 9 nights in covered garage. Total rate including room was $129 plus taxes. I would have paid that much for parking at the airport. Shuttle service was on time and the comes and goes every 15 minutes. A lot of competitors come and go every 30 minutes. The driver was very kind and even gave me a paper when we got picked up. I almost coulnd't believe the good deal I got until I was able to leave the parking lot with my validated ticket.

We had a very good experience, and would recommned this especially if you're going to Park, Sleep and Fly.

The only minor complaint I had was the food in the snack shop was overpriced, but was expected for a major city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JilliansDad
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel was all we expected and more. The hotel had a shuttle to and from airport, which ran frequently and the drivers were friendly. The hotel check in process was quick! The hotel was beautiful and the room was a perfect size for 2! Nice view from room. Not too noisy except the airplanes throughout the night, which is to be expected staying so close to the airport. There was a new little area within walking distance of the hotel with a movie threate, several places to eat/pubs and Zanies, a nice cool comedy club with great comedians! The subway was a 5 minute walk and you could take the L train to Navy Pier/Downtown Chicago and it took about 25-40 minutes! The area around the hotel was very nice, safe. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay close to the airport and save money by not staying in downtown. The price offered through their actual web site was great also!

Room Tip: We had a room in the circular dome off from the hotel on 3rd floor and it was nice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AshNic41
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Your feedback will certainly be shared with the rest of our associates. It is comments such as yours that we can utilize to increase employee morale and assist us in servicing future guests. We would love to welcome you back again soon!

Operations Training Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a business hotel. You pay for parking $22 per day. The area is near the convention center and public transportation if needed. It is a quick trip in any direction.
The staff is very helpful. I arrived early and they took my card to hold a room for me while I went to a concert. I came back at midnight and had a room waiting for me.
I stayed in the executive wing. It is a long walk to the elevators. It is quiet but far from everything else. I've stayed in the central part of the hotel and it wasn't that noisy.
They will give you a validated parking pass. Do not lose that pass. You will insert the pass to open the gates to enter and exit the parking facility.
The bed was comfortable. Lots of pillows. An extra cover just in case the room got a little too cold. The shower was so so. It was small and behind a wall separating the entryway from the room. They do supply some toiletries (shower bath bar, shower cap, lotion, facial bar and toothpaste).
The television is hooked up to direct TV. The room does not have a refrigerator. If you take anything out of the minibar you will be charged automatically. Contact the hotel prior to your stay if you have medications that need to be refrigerated.
It is a comfortable room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank I_am_Lost_on_purpose
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that the staff was very helpful. I hope you enjoyed the concert and would love to invite you back again!

Operations Training Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed for one night - our SUV stayed for 8 nights. Nice covered garage. Beautiful hotel - very modern - free shuttle to and from the hotel - which is very close to the airport. Great place - nice room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Forten5
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Innovating to truly take care of our guests' needs is at the core of our company. I am so glad that you and your SUV had a great stay! We hope to see you again soon.

Training Manager