“Great property, great staff”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I am an architecture fan and I LOVED the look of this property. The atrium is very impressive and I always enjoy staying at a beautiful hotel. The experience continues into the guest rooms (I had an executive wing king room) which are a bit smallish and low-ceilinged but make up for it with great decor. The room was in good condition, very quiet and overall quite satisfactory. I didn't want to leave.

The staff was uniformly friendly - I arrived after a long day of travel. Shuttle driver was pleasant even though our suitcases were enormous and I didn't have any US currency for a tip! The front desk staff was great, as was the attendant at the Regency Club, which has a fabulous breakfast service and was worth the cost.

As far as I'm concerned, this is my new O'hare stop-over hotel.

Room Tip: Executive wing is a bit of a walk, but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the Regency Club breakfast service; I would have to agree that it is well worth the cost. Should you be in the area again, we'd love to have you back!

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency O'Hare

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Booked my stay at this property via third party website and was pleasantly surprised. Gorgeous property. The lobby is huge and spacious and check in was easy and fast. They asked for floor preference so we took the high road. Ended up in one of the two "towers" which was nice. Not much of a view but don't really care. Rooms were spacious enough and clean with modern decor. Nice flat panel tv. The only negative (and I sound like a broken record on this) but you have to pay to park about $22/night. Why don't hotels get a clue and just absorb this extra fee into their room rates so we don't have to see it. Also, if you're not a Hyatt Gold member you have to pay $10/day for Internet. Also another item they could absorb into the room rate and let us think it's complementary. It's such a better marketing tactic in my opinion. When I choose hotels I look for free parking and included Internet so I never would have picked this hotel had the third party website not done it for me despite how nice it may be.

Location was good if you need to be near the airport or even if you want to visit downtown we took the blue line train from the station just a short walk from here.

Overall, a great place to stay. Breakfast was good albeit a bit pricy at about $20/person for the buffet. Totally would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. On average, only about 20% of our guests park vehicles at the hotel and therefore we do not include it in the price of the guest room; majority of our guests arrive via the 24 hour complimentary shuttle from the airport shuttle center. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment.

Best,

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed in "Hyatt Regency O'Hare" in July 2010 for 3 weeks of business trip.

When I arrived I waited for a long for hotel's shuttle bus and finally got a tax.

It's a big hotel with amazing lobby. Room was quit big, clean with an amazing king size bed and wide-screen TV set. There was built-in condition working 24h per day.

It's located far from downtown and it took around 40min to get there.

What was annoying a bit is that ice-machine located in corridor quit close to my room made noise even in nights :).

When I checked in TV set wasn't working but it was fixed soon. In the morning I received a voice message from a manager with apologize.

If you want to eat something there are several places inside hotel and around it but prices are quit high.

Room Tip: In general quit a good impression. This hotel is quit good for business trips, conferences and weddi...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Our 24 hour shuttle picks up from the Shuttle Center at the O'Hare International Airport. This is in a separate location from where the taxis are positioned at the airport. I apologize if the shuttle was delayed, and wanted to clarify the location for any future travels. Thank you for all of your valuable feedback as we constantly strive to improve our product and services.

Best,

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stay in over 200 hotels a year. This hotel is an excellent hotel. I requested a allergy free room. They were able to accommodate me and my room was spacious and the furniture was very nice along with the TV and all amenities. It was very clean! The beds and linens were plush and comfy. The bathroom is the only draw back to the room. It is small. The HVAC worked perfectly.
The restaurant and bar is nice and the food is good however the menu seems to be somewhat limited. The hotel service staff is very helpful and polite, however I did not have any glitches.
I rate this hotel at the top of my favorite hotels and excellent for comfort!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed one night prior to a flight to NYC for Spring Break. We didn't arrive until after midnight and had to wait a few minutes to check in, but after that it was smooth sailing. We were put in the Executive Wing, and I agree it didn't seem to be "special" and it was quite a walk, but not a big deal, there was a lot more walking to come on vacation!

The beds were very comfortable, and the ability to leave our car in their parking ramp for the entire week really made it a great deal for us.

We had breakfast in the lobby reastaurant, and it was tasty and our waitress "Jae?" was wonderful. The price, did prep us for NYC prices though. :)

We will definitely stay here again when flying out of O'Hare.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Lovely stay in the executive wing for a conference at the Stephens Convention Center. Staff was impeccable and rooms were clean and bright. Restaurant was delicious and not overly priced. Staff was very attentive! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Your reccommendation is our biggest compliment. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Our culinary team will be thrilled to hear about your dining experience. We hope that you have the opportunity to join us again!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently before and after a trip out of the country. We were able to park our car for the while we were away free. The great beds and pillows were wonderful. The place was very clean. My only complaint was that after a long trip back we were unable to get food or a drink at the bar. The hotel pick up at the airport did not work as well as we expected late at night.

Room Tip: Make sure you call and talk to a person if you want to have a late night pick up at the airport.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple