“Good for park, sleep, fly”

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis
“Good for park, sleep, fly”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel has a park sleep fly option on their website. We arrived late, got a good nights sleep, and showered in the morning before leaving, so my review will be centered on that experience. For less than the price of parking for two weeks at the airport, this is a steal!

There was a line at arrival for check-in, so I was ushered to one of the kiosks, since I had already booked for faster service. It was simple, and I even got to choose how many keys I needed, and what general floor we would like.

I chose a lower floor, and still had to take a small flight of stairs to our room. We were put into one of the King rooms in the towers. It wasn't bad... in fact it was great. The bed was a true king. It was made up very fancy. There was a large screen TV, which would have been nice to use (we used it sparingly). There is a Timex alarm clock with an iPod/iPhone dock, which worked well for us. There is free coffee in the room, as well as a fridge stocked full (be aware, take anything out and you've paid for it. My 2 year old was a good boy, and we got away free). The room was large enough for us and our luggage.

The bathroom was a bit small, and didn't have a bath. Other than that, the soap was good, although a bit girly smelling, and everything was comfortable there. The hair dryer worked well, too.

Our biggest complaint was the noise from the airport. Planes land very close by, and in the corner of the hotel we were in, they were loud and frequent. My wife fell asleep quickly, I had a more difficult time. Your mileage may vary.

The pillows are also a complaint. We weren't there long, so we don't know if they have firmer pillows available. The ones we had in the room were all squishy, even for me. I'd bring your own if you need something firmer, or make sure they have firmer there before arrival.

The shuttle gets good reviews, and on the way to the airport, it was rather good. There was a shuttle about to depart as we were leaving, so I couldn't tell you how often they leave.

Arriving back at O'Hare was another story. We came into terminal 5, and were told to go to 5E and wait. It was a Friday night, and we were told traffic was really bad, and there would be a delay. The delay would up being 90 minutes. We could have retreated back into the airport for a drink and a snack, but the front desk wasn't a big help, as they didn't have a time estimate. If you are in a similar situation, ask for the transportation department, and they should be able to help with an estimate.

Otherwise a great stay. I would use it again if flying out of O'Hare and needed a place to park.

Room Tip: I don't know if any corner is better than the other, but the north corner where we stayed wasn...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
We know that our guests' number one priority is a good night's rest and we hope that your experience with the pillows and noise does not deter you from visiting the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in the future. We appreciate your feedback regarding your 5E pickup and I can assure you that it has already been shared with the Transportation team.

Operations Training Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lubbock, TX, USA
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here for a conference that was meeting Friday through Monday, and had an enjoyable stay. I stayed in a king room, that had a small bathroom; but it was perfect since it was just me travelling.

The conference had negotiated us discounts on the food at both the grill and the Red Bar, so I can't complain...although it would have been super-expensive without that discount.

There is a nice coffee shop downstairs that is open 24 hours, but has not seating and the line can get pretty long in the morning.

My biggest impression of my stay was of how friendly the entire hotel staff was. From waiters in the restaurant, to check-in people, to housekeeping, to the baristas downstairs; they were all exceptionally nice and made my time away from family great.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
It's always great to hear how friendly the entire hotel staff was, especially from a guest who lives in the state of true Southern hospitality! We hope to see you again for a conference in the future!

Operations Training Manager
Braselton, Georgia
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt for a conference that was being held at the same location. I stayed in a king room on the 4th floor. The room was in one of the round towers. The bedroom was spacious and had a nice workspace. The bathroom was tiny. Small enough that it had a shower instead of a bath and the commode was angled to fit in the corner. The sink was small and had almost no counter space. The alarm clock had a nice iPod dock, but the buttons were broken so I couldn't use it to play my pod. There aren't any restaurants in the area so we decided to hit the one in the hotel. The two of us racked up a hundred dollar meal with a pretty basic dinner. Beer starts at over 5 bucks. Really close to the airport. Convenient, but can be loud in the evenings with a plane flying over head. You might be better off staying somewhere cheaper and commuting to your convention.

• Stayed September 2011
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
My apologies for the troubles you encountered during your stay with us, I want to let you know that we have replaced the ihome that was in your guest room. We also offer various types of room accommodations and would be happy to place you in our Executive Wing during your next visit, please feel free to contact me for further support.
nicole.casey@hyatt.com
Chicagoland
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nice hotel with lots of lobby seating. Red Bar is great for drinks and appetizers. The rooms in the Executive Wing were a good size and had a table for internet use. There is wi fi for a fee. The dinner restaurant was only open certain days, so check. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area. You can take a shuttle to the casino a few minutes away. No pool. The service was very good. Nice breakfast buffet.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind words, the shuttle to the Rivers Casino starts at 4pm and runs every half hour till 2am.
Best Wishes,
Montreal
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have stayed at all the large chain hotels i the Rosemont area when traveling through Chicago on business. I generally expect more from a Grand Hyatt than the typical Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton, etc. The room was all right; well lit, air conditioned and clean. It was the service that was a problem. Could not get through to the front desk to ask questions. Trued several times. When I wnet down, there are so many persons at the front desk ready to help you. So when I complaied that o one picked up the phoe after trying 4 times, they told me only 1 person answers the phone! Others just stand around or surf the net at the front desk! Also, internet charges should be waived for Gold Hyatt members. Hilton does that. Hyatt, you can do it too! Breakfast in the exec lounge was slightly below average.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
I apologize for the delay in service you experienced. Hyatt Regency O'Hare has decided to have front office staff members focus their attention on the guest in front of them without distractions from phone calls. We also have complimentary internet for our Gold Passport Platinum and Diamond levels, which is achievable only after 5 stays.
Traning Manger
Michigan
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Nice and modern, newly redone Hyatt. Pro's, really nice bed, like a great big pillow! Attractive room and Lobby, common areas. Short walk to the Metro into downtown, great breakfast buffet and very helpful, pleasant staff. Con's....... Room was not quiet. We could hear hall noise and the couple fighting in their room next door. Only place to eat a meal the evening we checked in was at the Bar, and it was only 7:30 ??? Food was good and reasonable but we were looking for something more than a beer and a burger.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
san antonio
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Nothing special here. New lobby and regency lounge ( if your GP member), rooms vary from cruise ship small ( located in the round tower) and average ( executive tower). If you like steak you do have some dinning options that are within walking distance including Gibson's & Mortons. Having stayed at most of the other properties on the strip by the Rosemont convention center the Hyatt is as good a choice as any.

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for your loyalty with our Gold Passport frequent stay program. Want to also mention that we are the only hotel in Rosemont that offers fresh Sushi. Please contact me for additional questions and amenities the hotel has.
nicole.casey@hyatt.com