“Has potential to be better!”

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This Hyatt is centrally locate. Very near O'Hare and close to downtown. It has the interstate and the L are a block away. The convention center is next door. Several mid and upscale restaurants within a mile of the hotel. Those are the pros. Now the cons. Pay to park over night is $22 for hotel guest. The lobby is nice then you arrive on your floor and the walkway is lined with generic greenery that never floors. Dull! Carpet seems stuck in the late 70's early 80's. Now you get to your door and the trim is chipped and layered with paint and the color of smoke stained walls. Open the door and you have a spacious entry to drop everything and a basic bathroom. Check out the beds and you have 2 full size beds. I never heard of any hotel offer less than a queen. Don't open the snack fridge cuz it's weight is what makes it decide to charge our room. Good thing I checked my bill before checking out. I had a charge of $3.92 for opening the door. The room did have a balcony. Nice on a summers night but noisy from the interstate an the airport.
I would not recommend this hotel but instead tell people to spend their money at the Intercontinental just down the road a block or two.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Garypaul1256
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

I apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I can assure you that the minibar is just one of the many amenities offered to our guests for convenience. The minibar items are on a infrared sensor, allowing guests to pick up and review the products for up to 30 seconds before any charges are billed. In order to ensure parking for all of our guests, due to the close proximity to the O'Hare International Airport, CTA Blue line, and Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, we do charge for parking. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss package options for your best value.

Nicole.Casey@Hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,175)

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip in April. It is a huge convention hotel. The staff was nice, efficient and competent. The rooms were the standard Hyatt Regency room type. The cleaning staff did a good job and there were not any major glaring errors.

The breakfast buffet was good.

I would not recommend eating at the hotel restaurants. They are overpriced and the service is mediocre. Catch a cab or the nearby "L" to go to a better restaurant.

Good hotel if you have to stay there for business.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your business and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I would love for the opportunity to exceed your expectations in our Outlets. If you find yourself in the area again, please contact me directly to set up a restaurant or bar reservation.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We got two rooms for two nights each, and we all thought the rooms were fantastic. Some might think the rooms were small, but they were laid out well, and very nice looking with contemporary tastes. The TV takes a few minutes to figure out. The bed is extremely comfortable. The shower seemed to have better water pressure than most the hotels we go to, and the shower head was high enough for me (6'3") that I didn't have to bend down to wash up. Each staff member we came across was extremely polite and seemed to always be trying to improve our stay. We got the rooms through Priceline, for only $60 per night, which was a savings of around 60% for each room. I also suggest self-parking, which is $20 for in-and-out privileges.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

What a wonderful review to share with our team! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed at this hotel while attending a conference hosted at the hotel facility. The hotel has been nicely redone to make it modern and inviting. I stayed in one of the rooms in the round tower section of the hotel. I at first thought this would be bad room since it is sort of wedge shaped, but the room design was very efficient and felt quite spacious. The other item I wanted to comment on is the hotel staff. I needed to fax an item for a work emergency. The front desk staff referred me to the assistant of the hotel manager. She went out of her way to take care of the fax. Really very pleased by this. My only complaint would be that the front desk was often understaffed for the number of guests checking in/out or for other needs. I often had to stand in a line.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I can assure you, we have shared your comments about Roni. We appreciate all that she does as well. I am sorry to hear that you often had to wait in line. Rest assured that your feedback is invaluable and we will certainly be keeping an eye on our staffing levels at the desk.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I flew in from LA to Chicago the night that my boyfriend and I stayed here, and we didn't want to drive home to Michigan that night. This was a GREAT choice.

I loved our King bed, the nice flat-screen TV and all of the amenities the hotel room provided! I didn't use the coffee maker, but the coffee looked quality and the to-go cups were awesome. The bathroom felt very clean and had toothpaste which I was REALLY thankful for since I forgot it, and I found it super convenient that I was able to charge my iPod on the docking station next to the bed.

I work as an editor for a hotel booking site so I see and describe hotel rooms EVERY day, and yes it does get tiring. This one was a winner for me if all you're looking for is what I was looking for - a nice comfortable bed after a long day's travel so I can re-charge. Great for business travelers, nice sized work area and separate phone as well.

Be aware - the overnight parking prices here are steep and the hotel does not have free WIFI (*sad*), but the comfort of the hotel rooms and service of the staff are great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wordsmeetmusic

What a great review from someone who sees and describes hotel rooms for a living! Thank you so much for your comments. As a traveler, I also love the toothpaste and ability to charge my iPhone! If you are ever in the area again, please feel free to contact me directly and I'd be happy to tell you more about some of our package options if Internet and parking is important to you as well.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

First time in Hyatt. We were looking forward to this stay because of what e
We heard. Been staying at Marriott and Hilton most of our trips. The room were dirty. Carpet got stains all over the place. It smell really back, but we never complain to the staffs because that is not my style.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. Please allow me to assure you that invaluable feedback such as yours will certainly be shared with the Housekeeping team. We hope that you will give us another try to exceed your expectations. If you do, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is the last hotel that my husband and I stayed at in Chicago. Quite honestly, I did not expect too much since it was so cheap on Expedia. It ended up being the best hotel we stayed at!
This hotel is located in Rosemont, very close to the airport. Airplanes fly very close overhead, so if you have sleeping issues I would recommend some ear plugs. I usually have issues, but they just sounded like an air conditioner to me and I slept like a baby. It probably had to do with the fact that Hyatt has the most comfortable beds ever. When my husband and I got home we missed our hotel bed.
Upon arriving our remote was missing. We called the front desk and the maintenance man came right away, apologized, and gave us a free appetizer to The Red Bar, which I would recommend to anyone, their food is great. They also have a little shop called the perk that has coffee and yummy pastries.
The room was small but very comfy and one of our walls was entirely covered in window, which was beautiful. The tv was big and beautiful, and we were pleased to find that it even had an hdmi hook=up, so we hooked up our ps3 and called to have internet turned on. The downside is that for good internet it is 15 bucks per device. But it is fast enough that we played some call of duty and watched Netflix.
We also got complimentary late check out until 1 pm which was great since my husband and I usually work at night and don't even normally wake up until 3. Overall, our favorite place in Chicago. Beautiful and so quiet that you won't even know if you have people in the room next to you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

I love that you and your husband missed the hotel bed when you got home. You can purchase a Hyatt Grand Bed at the Hyatt At Home website. I am so sorry that your remote was missing upon arrival, but happy to heat that you enjoyed Red Bar because of it. We hope to see you again soon.