I have never been to a four star hotel that charged for internet. Here? 9.95 for 24 hours through a SEPARATE service. Meaning you can't even put it on your room tab. I know, odd to lead with that one, but it just shows HOW out of touch they are. They're a business travel hotel and the one thing every business traveler needs, they CHARGE EXTRA for and then make complicated in the way you purchase it. Especially for those of us who submit our travel bills when we get back. Now I have to wait a full month for my credit card bill to resubmit it.
Okay. On to the other frightening stuff.
Lookswise, this place is one hell of an ugly monolith. The restaurants are all WAY overpriced for the kind of food you could get at homestyle buffet or denny's. There is a fairly new gym, but it's packed to the gills. Clearly they underestimated business travel demand. Parking is 28 bucks a night. It's why I didn't get a rental car while I was there.
The rooms...the rooms are just not four star quality. I was in a corner room - 1075 - that was tucked into a spot that clearly used to be a broom closet of some sort. I could barely get around the outside of my king size bed in the space it was in.
Overall, if this was a two star hotel, I'd say, fine. It's crap. You paid 50 bucks for the night, it's fine. But this is somehow listed as a FOUR STAR HOTEL. And there is no way on god's green earth that a statement like that is in any way true. I got my room with a priceline discount and still feel that Hyatt mugged me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare International Airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel