The Hyatt is a large hotel just off the highway adjacent to the convention center near the airport. This hotel has pluses and minuses, but overall was very nice.
The Pluses: With a location just off the highway the hotel is a fast ride from O'Hare or Midway, and easy to traavel to other locations in the city if renting a car. The hotel has an enourmous lobby area that soars more than ten stories with glass enclosed elevators. Lobby has a "Mod" theme that in other hotels may be tacky but the Hyatt relly pulls it off -- much more like a modern museum of art. Lobby has two restaurants with bars that could compete with the best I have seen across the US. There are workstations for you to check in or out if you choose to do so by yourself and a set for printing boarding passes. These are not mandatory and the hotel staff were right there in case you wanted to check in/out the old fashioned way. The hotel has plenty of meeting space and service such as lunch, audio/visual, and fit & finish was very good. Rooms have a decidely more contemporary look and appear to have been renovated in the past five years. Very comfortable with beddings that can be purchased from Hyatt. Same for the soap and shampoo.
The Minuses: This may be just limited to the room I had as I arrived late when the hotel had a series of conferences. I was told my room was jus around the corner off the main lobby. I proceeded and ended walking past a stairway, down a hall and found different room numbers. As I turned around and walked back I saw a sign indicating my room was up the stairs. It was only one flight but no elevator access and only about eight rooms in what is essentially a small dead end hallway. It wasa very strange for a hotel of this stature to have rooms with limited access in an area that looked like it had previously been used for offices or lounge. In the bedroom there were just two nudges. First the desk chairs were exceedingly low and had no mechanisms for adjusting height, making it uncomfortable to work at the desk. The second nudge was the bath which was small. The toilet angled in at the corner so it would fit and the shower less than 3 feet square.There was a built in shelf that looked very nice but when seated you could see torn wallpaper beneath it (around one inch by six inch). Lastly is the sound and view. I had a view of a corner of the building and parking lot and, while it was muffled, I could hear jets taking off and landing. Not loud but I something like a loud gust of wind, as if I was in a wind storm.
I still ranked this high as for my purpose, a conference, it was above average and the staff were vry helpful. Most of all I cana say I really enjoyed my stay. The only improvement would have been to requst a room in one of the towers with a view but frankly I was here to work and the view was not important for this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine from around the country. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel