$176
$179
$161
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$144
$130
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$180
$158
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$165
$101
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$149
3,450 results
All reviewsred barconvention centersound machineclose to the airportlarge hotelpark sleep flyo'hare airportbusiness conferenceking roomgift shopshuttle serviceself parkingdowntown chicagoblue lineo hareoutlet mallfree shuttle
Reviewed September 25, 2007

After a dismal first stay in August (all employee related and regarding a room booked via a travel agent) I decided to return to the Hyatt hoping for a fresh view. In total I have been to this hotel 12 times, 2 after their big remodel job.

First, let me get this out of the way; this is a business and convention hotel. It does not cater to families looking for a fun place to stay with the kids. The pool has been removed and the rooms, with their mini-bars, aren't too kid friendly. It's for travelers and business people who can put things on their expense account. You need to be a little travel savvy to figure things out, or be willing to ask employees.

That said...I was in town for a convention in the city and decided to stay in Rosemont to save a few bucks. I like the location near the airport and the Interstate.

When I was there parking was $15.00 including tax, and that is for in and out priveleges. Make sure you take your parking ticket with you to have validated at check in!

And yes, you will be asked to leave a credit card number "for incidentals". This includes mini-bar purchases, in room movies, etc. You can also charge meals in the bar or restaurant to your room and you'll be able to check-out in a jiffy. I have no complaints about this process since virtually every hotel I've stayed out in the last 3 years as asked for the same.

Hyatt is really trying to push the self check-in kiosks but the employees are more than ready to help you with them. In fact, they will take you through the entire process. You can still ask for room upgrades, etc when you are checking in. In the end the kiosk will spit out your key cards and a reciept that included walking directions to your room.

Rooms facing the interior atrium are a wee bit noiser, especially when the hotel is hosing a convention and there is a lot of hub bub going on in the lobby.

The rooms in the "Executive Wing" are more of a walk but are quieter.

This stay I opted for a Regency Club room and was given room #2506. These rooms are more expensive and much larger than the standred rooms. They feature a seperate sleeping and living area, a dining table with 4 chairs, a sofa, a wet bar and a small fridge in addition to the pricey mini-bar. The bathroom was a full sized tub and shower combo with a large vanity/sink. Some of the other rooms I have stayed in had a pedestal sink and a single stall shower.

The bedroom has it's own TV and a fullsized closet, along with nightstand and a hearboard that are built into the wall and a storage bench. The beds are like dream clouds, I slept great every night. The linens are soft and fluffy making me neither too hot nor too cold.

Decor is about the same as all the other rooms, same color scheme and wall art.

The literature for the hotel states that the Regency Club rooms are on the 29th floor and that they include bathrobes. Maybe there is another Regency Club up there that is even more expensive..I don't know..I do know that the 2 wings on the 25th floor were marked "Hyatt Gold Passport" so maybe they are reserved for members only, which I am.

I also had access to the Regency Lounge, to the left of check-in on the main lobby level. It's an upscale looking lounge where you can get alcoholic drinks plus complimentary internet access, coffee, juices, water, soda, snacks and light breakfast. They have pleny of comfy seating and a nice widescreen TV. Of course, it's reserved for Regency Club guests only, part of the perks for the extra price you pay.

The bar can be a noisy affair and the food options are limited to a few sandwiches, pizza and over priced appetizers. I can't comment on the alcohol prices or offerings.

The restaurant is better but no price break. Meals are served with free bread and butter and soft drink refills are complimentary. They offer a luncheon buffet what ran about 17.00$ a person. If you are looking to eat one filling meal a day you could make this worth the cost. Sandwiches are around 12.00$ and are served with fries.

Everywhere in the hotel it is clean and modern looking and you can see that Hyatt is attempting to bring the hotel into the "digital age", with the check-in kiosks, the TV screens, etc.

All employees this visit were friendly and attentive. I required the use of 2 different bellmen and found them to be courteous and gracious when I tipped them.

Over all it was a fantastic 2 nights and I will not hesitate to book this hotel again when I'm in the area.

A note to those who booked on priceline; you're getting a heck of a deal at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, even if you do have to pay for parking. Every hotel in the O'Hare area charges for parking, and sometimes much more. Priceline once gave me the Hilton, located attached to the airport; parking there was $30.00 a night. If you want to advoid that, stay in Schaumberg at the Hyatt Woodfield, I've also reviewed that hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank superfro
Reviewed September 22, 2007

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in mid-September after “winning” the hotel via priceline. I chose the O’Hare area because I knew I could get a good rate, and all the hotels were near the blue line to downtown. I ended up getting the Hyatt for less than $60 a night, over half off their prevailing rates. I was a little skeptical after reading the reviews on here; however, I am happy to say my stay was great! I arrived to the hotel at about 10am after taking the blue line one stop from the airport. It was about a 6-8 minute walk from the station to the hotel, not bad at all. First impression was good, the lobby was very nice and open, with lots of places to sit and relax. I went up to one of the agents to try to check in and to my luck; they had rooms available (The hotel also has self service check in/out kiosks). Check-in was very quick and effortless, with no mention of priceline. I asked for a room that looked out towards the direction the airplanes land, and was given a room in the “executive tower”. The “executive tower” is the “L” shaped tower sort of behind the main complex. You go through the atrium and down a hall to get to the elevators for the executive tower. There were 3 elevators for the tower. My room was on the “27th” floor, which technically was the 7th floor, at the far end of the hallway, and was non-smoking as requested. The room had everything I needed, and was well worth the price I paid. Upon entering the room, directly in front of you was the closet, and the bathroom was to the right. The bathroom wasn’t huge, but was functional and was equipped with a tub/shower combination (with great water pressure). There was plenty of counter space as well. The room itself was spacious and had a very, very comfortable king size “grand bed” (as seen in the pictures). I slept great each night after coming back from downtown. There was a work desk, 2 large chairs, and plenty of drawer space. There was also a mini-bar, which I did not open or use. The TV was a regular tube TV, but had a good selection of channels, movies etc. There was also a radio, but it was not one of the newer Ipod compatible radios some Hyatt’s have. The temperature control worked pretty well though out my stay. The best part about the room, besides the bed, was my view!! I was able to see two different “landing paths” for O’Hare, with a non-stop flow of planes coming by. The noise at night was not bad at all, once asleep, I could not hear anything. I also had a distant view of downtown over the trees. The windows also open about 4in, which was nice to let the cool air in.

The public areas of the hotel were very nice, I know they just completed a multi-million dollar renovation of the lobby/public areas, and I was very impressed. I did not eat at the main restaurant, but it looked ok. On the last night, I did go to the Red bar, which was pretty cool. They have lots of plasma TV’s to watch sports or whatever. The food was ok, and the drinks were not too expensive. There is also a small, but expensive gift shop on the first floor. There is no pool at the hotel; however, there is a free 24 hour gym.

The hotel has a skywalk to the Convention center, and is nearby about 4 other hotels. There are no restaurants or convenience stores that are close by, with the exception of a McDonald's about a mile down the road. The hotel is also very close to the Theatre and there is a 16 screen Muvico theatre complex right down the street. I walked around the area to see what was around, and the area is very clean and safe. Supposedly the city is building the “Rosemont Walk”, a retail/entertainment area around the hotel; however, besides the movie theatres and 2 new hotels, I did not see much else happening. They were supposed to build a large family hotel/indoor water park nearby, but I believe that was cancelled.

The blue line is a very short walk from the hotel, and it takes about 45 minutes to get to downtown. They are doing work on the blue line to speed up the ride, and that should be fully completed in late 2008. The trains come about every 10 minutes. There is a Dunkin Donuts at the Rosemont station, which came in very handy!! Great coffee and great donuts!!!! I did go to the airport to eat dinner one day (food court in the international terminal is before security), and took the shuttle back to the hotel. The shuttles were always running and every time I left or came back to the hotel there were shuttles out front. I took the shuttle back to the airport after checking out and it was very convenient.

I gave the hotel 4 stars, as I think it has the potential once the rooms get renovated, which from what I understand that is going to happen in 2008. The public areas are up to par with a 4 star hotel. There were a lot of business people staying there, as well as families going to the different sporting events in town. I was very happy with my stay, and thrilled that I paid less than $60 a night to stay there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would not hesitate to stay there again if I go back to Chicago.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank VegasHotel80
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I was in route back home from Florida when I missed my connecting flight in Chicago due to a flight delay with American Airlines. American put everybody up at this hotel who had missed their connections. Even though I was tired and would only overnight in the hotel for 7 hours it is a great hotel. My room had a very comfortable king bed, clean bathroom and good room amenities (coffee pot, 2 phones one cord- less, desk, Internet service on TV for 10.00 per night.) The hotel has a restaurant and a snack bar, room service was also available, but expensive. The lobby is very impressive and elegant. If you need a hotel close to O'hare Airport I recommend this property. They also offer a complementary shuttle from O'hare that runs every 15 minutes. The staff is also very helpful

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I had a $100 Hyatt check, a credit card reward perk. The desk wouldn't accept it. They said my room had already been billed to my credit card. You would think it would be easy to reverse the charge and re-bill the payment but the desk agent and the supervisor were absolutely cold and non responsive. Later I wrote a letter to the manager. I received no response whatsoever. Even if nothing was done, I expected perhaps some conciliatory response. That all colored my stay at the Hyatt profoundly negatively,

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank raasraas
Reviewed September 6, 2007

If you expect top service from hotel staff and a clean and efficient business hotel, then this is a PERFECT choice for you! If you expect good food, convenience to downtown Chicago, above average aesthetics or extra-special touches, then stay far, far away.
PROS: Very quick (free) shuttle from the airport to the hotel, super front desk staff, extremely fast room service delivery, efficient work space and consistent high-speed wireless internet at $9.99/day.
CONS: The restaurant food (in Red) was horrible, there was no hot water pressure in the shower (although the cold water shot out just fine), the "Executive wing" of the hotel was a long walk away, there was no directory of guest services in the room.
SUMMARY: I stayed there because a seminar I was attending was given in the hotel, but if I had a choice I would probably choose another place next time.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business