“Would be there without hesitation”

Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The company that hired my services assigned me to this hotel for the cost - proximity to offices. The room, breakfast, dinner and the gym, more than good. The wireless internet service offered was acceptable. For my needs as a consultant, the hotel was above my expectations. I would ask allocated there without hesitation.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the elevators. The hallways are long.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

I'm delighted that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you would choose our location again, in the future. I hope we will be seeing you again, real soon. Thanks for the four star rating.

Best,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I ended up staying here due to a connecting flight being canceled. The price was reasonable and it is very conveniently located for the airport.

The shuttle to the hotel was right on time. It actually stops at 3 separate hotels but still takes less than 15 minutes. Checking in was very quick and the agent at the front desk was very friendly. The room and bathroom were large and clean, but the layout of the furniture seemed odd to me with the tv to the left of the bed.

At about 6am a fire alarm went off and everyone congregated to the lobby. The fire department showed up and after about an hour of waiting we were told everything was all clear. During the wait coffee and bread were brought out, which was nice. However, during the wait we received no information on what was going on. While clearly no one had been in any danger some kind of update would have been appreciated.

After that I went to eat breakfast. The food was good for the most part but the sausage was completely overcooked. The choices were also pretty limited.

I would stay here again if I needed a hotel close to the airport but would probably skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

I am so glad you chose to stay with us again. Our staff is definitely a point of pride at our hotel and I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We certainly look forward to seeing you again.

All The Best,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have never been disappointed staying at a DoubleTree and this hotel is one of the best hands down. I would much rather stay at a DoubleTree than one of the bigger chains such as the Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott. From service, to facilities, dining options, and affordability, the hotel is outstanding from top to bottom. If I ever return to the area, I will definitely be a repeat customer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Rosemont. Thank you so much for staying with us! I appreciate your comments and am glad that we were able to uphold the standards guest have come to expect from our hotels. Come back soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was climbing into bed when I noticed a dark mark on my pillow. I thought it was a stain, until it moved. It was clearly a bed bug that wanted to spend some quality time with me. I killed the bug and checked both my bed and my sisters. We were lucky to not find any other bugs. I called the front desk to make them aware. The night staff as well a the day staff were supremely pleasant and helpful. I recall a bellhop named George who went way above and beyond for my party that stayed with you.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would like to apologize for your stay as you explained it.

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. While I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, I apologize that we did not meet expectations. Regarding the bug incident, I can assure you we have dealt with the situation to the furthest extent. When issues like this arise we take strict precautionary measures, such as putting the room out of service along with any adjacent rooms, as well as the room above and below. We have an outside professional pest control company come and do several treatments on the room over several days, this is after we discard the mattress and all the linen in the room. The room goes through processing along with the other rooms put out of service and the rooms are not returned into service until the pest control company gives us it's certification that the room is completely free of pests. Being an airport property these things can happen, but when they do rest assured we take it very seriously and treat it to the furthest extent, as a 4 Diamond hotel we have a prestigious reputation to maintain and we plan on keeping it. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again

Reviewed February 2, 2014

A peaceful night for my self and associates. The hotel was accommodating in changing dates after the extreme cold caused a scheduling change. Looking forward to next year and staying there again. The connection to the convention center and garage was very pleasant after a long couple of days of planning, schedule changing and setting up for our conference.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts. I am delighted to hear that we could accomadate you. Thanks again for sharing your experience at our hotel and look forward to seeing you in the summer.

Ruby

Reviewed January 30, 2014

From the minute we checked into the Doubletree until we checked out, we were very pleased. They were able to get us connecting rooms the day of our check-in. We let them know we were celebrating a birthday and they sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room. I needed a cab at 3:00 am to the airport and they were very accommodating, even offering me coffee while I waited. They do offer a 24 hour shuttle.

The room was clean and comfortable and you cannot beat the location. Its a very shirt walk to an area with bars and restaurants and we could see the Fashion Outlet malls from our room. Gibsons is in the lobby if you really don't want to take the short walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Wow! Thank you so much, for the amazing review! We really believe that's the little things, the surprising and unexpected touches that make an experience truly memorable. We couldn't be happier that we were able to deliver that to you during your stay. Your feedback inspires us to work that much harder to make sure every guests leaves with the same feeling! Many thanks for your business and kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Room and building are appointed well and the beds are very comfortable. Ruby at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, not only with accommodations but with dinner and entertainment recommendations.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and other travelers. I am delighted to hear that you had such wonderful stay and you were able to enjoy Rosemont . I will be sure to share your kind thoughts with the rest of the team. I am extremely thrilled to know that I had such an impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again, for the 4 star rating.

Best Regards,