Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A very nice choice near O'Hare. Complimentary shuttle to and from O'Hare. Parking was $13/day without in/out and $23/day with. The Blue Line is about a 10-min walk, very convenient. We parked our car and used the L for our trips visiting Chicago. Below are my observations:

Good:
-Friendly staff, very welcoming, polite, efficient and helpful. Check-in was smooth and fast. I had an error charge on my account. It was corrected without any issues upon check-out.
-Spacious room, comfortable bed, heating/A/C system was smooth and not too noisy.
-Good size bathroom with a very nice shower.
-Good size in-room safe that should be able to fit large laptop easily.
-Mini refrigerator.

Not so good:
-Small pool. The pool area got crowded a few time during our visit. The water was not as clean as I'd like.
-No free wifi. It looks like if you pay more to stay at a higher-end hotel, you have to pay for everything else.
-Soundproofing. The soundproofing between rooms and above (ceiling/floor) was adequate, no complaints here. My complaint was the slamming doors. If someone opens the door wide and lets it close on its own, the door will slam closed and make huge slamming sound. It unfortunately happened to us that a young man across the corridor started going in and out of his room several times at 5:00 in the morning. After waking up and hearing the door slamming about 5 times, I got up and asked him to be gentle with the door; and he did.

Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hotel was acceptable and the rooms were clean. Very close to the airport and they have a good shuttle service. As a Hilton Honors member I was to get free wi-fi. It was IMPOSSIBLE to connect to. This is the second time that this has happened to me in this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have yet to be disappointed by a Doubletree hotel, and this was no exception. We were warmly greeted and swiftly checked in upon arrival, and presented with cookies alongside our room keys. Our room was very nice - clean as a whistle, nicely furnished, and very comfortable. We had one small issue, which they addressed right away: the hot water wasn't quite hot, so we called the front desk. They apologized, investigated, and quickly called us back to thank us for reporting it, as they discovered a leak on another floor. It was fixed immediately and the water was piping hot in no time. We dined deliciously downstairs at Gibson's Steakhouse - literally just through the lobby so it couldn't be more convenient. Checkout was a breeze, and the complimentary shuttle service to the airport was swift. I'd happily return to this hotel, as I found it immaculate, pleasant, convenient, and very professionally run by friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently was in Chicago on business when a change in weather caused my return flight to be cancelled. I ended up checking in late and ended up looking for somewhere to relax and get a bite to eat. I found out that I did not have to leave the hotel.The Bartender, Kathleen answered all my questions about the menu and provided me with great service throughout my visit. I ended up leaving in a better mood and got a great night's sleep. I would stay here again the next time i am in town.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hello!

Although I was far from home on this trip, I found an incredibly professional, cheerful & friendly crew in the hotel lounge. Kathleen, Siham & Jennifer were outstanding ambassadors for their establishment. Even if I don't stay at this hotel next time, I'd make the trip to visit these ladies again, if I were in the neighborhood.

-Mike from Cincinnati

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is immaculately clean, the staff at the hotel very friendly. We had the breakfast buffet each morning and lunch there twice at the Bistro during our stay while there for our daughter's wedding. The food is wonderful, the wait staff very accomodating and friendly. If you plan to catch a flight, be sure to have a wake up call - the bed is so comfortable you won't want to leave it! We travel quite often and try to stay at B&B's when we can, because the hum drum of hotel rooms can be so numbing. But I can't say enough about how nice and large our rooms were with plenty of space to relax. If we find ourselves in the area again, this would be our first choice of hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is attached to Gibson's Steak house, very nice bar and is right across from Stephen's Convention center. Great for the Jewelry show or any other show at the convention Center. I definately would stay at DoubleTree again...great experience. Although, I don't really recommend the hotel's own restaurant, pricy and not that good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends