WINNER WONDERLAND

“Conveniently locate and clean.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
“Conveniently locate and clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The only negatives in my opinion while staying at the double tree rosemont are that of their restaurant and drivers. The staff of the restaurant act as if they are doing you a favor. The food is so so. Breakfast is good but doesn't start until 7am and for early risers not being able to get a cup of joe to me is a big deal! Please fix and I will continue to use the hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Turkish first
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I needed to get out of DC for the Inauguration, so my parents met me in Chicago for a long weekend. We opted for the Doubletree for several reasons: proximity to O'Hare Airport (where we were all landing), rate ($89 per night), proximity to public transport (walking distance to Rosemont "L" but can also take airport shuttle to airport to avoid the cold weather and take train from there), and the Hilton brand (I am a Diamond member.)

My room was upgraded to a nice corner room, and we all enjoyed the full breakfast buffet at no cost. The staff was very helpful, and we took advantage of the business center (FREE use of computers and printing), the fitness center, and the pool/whirlpool.

Our rooms had huge bathrooms, including showers which could comfortably accommodate 4-6 people (no, I did not try this.)

My only "complaint" was lunch at the hotel restaurant. Normally I don't eat at the hotel for lunch or dinner, but we were hungry after our trip and it was so cold out. So, we went to the hotel before we headed into the city. One of our orders was incorrect, and my soup was lukewarm (not hot.) The prices were to be expected of a hotel in a major conference area. But otherwise, I was pleased with the breakfast buffet each morning.

I highly recommend this hotel as an alternative to staying in the city.

Room Tip: If you are Diamond, ask for a corner room :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chrisinnova
Grand Blanc, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I checked in, the doorman was incredibly rude when I wanted to get valet service. It was not busy, there were no other cars waiting, but he igonored me for a long time and then left my car sitting in the valet area for 20 minutes. He also didn't want to give me a cart to take my luggage up saying too many people don't return them. Upon check in, I was given a room right across from the pool and the fitness center and next to the elevators. We got a TON of traffic. I asked to be switched, but was told there were not any other rooms (I checked in early, so I am not sure how I got stuck with that one) - the lady then went on to book a room on the phone for that night. I went out that evening for dinner and when I got back, the entire second floor reeked of marijuana. I am not talking just a little; I mean full contact buzz. It even reeked when I went into my room. I called the front desk to let them know, and they promised to deal with it. It was not dealt with because it smelled the same way ALL night and again the following evening. The bathroom shower looked like it had not been cleaned. The towels and sheets had stains on them, as well, So, my experience was NOT good. The only thing good about this place is it is close to the trains to take you in to downtown, it is close to the airport and it has a free shuttle to the casino if you are looking for something to do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Casey S
Ruby M, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

All The Best,
Ruby M
Inkster, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is situated in a great location, everything is with in walking distance!!! Ice skating, movie theatre, restaurants, bowling as well as convention center across the street. I would recommend this hotel and this area to anyone looking for a fun family outing in the Chicago area!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I travel frequently for business. I have stayed at other hotels in the O'hare area but I fell in love with the service at this location. The restaurant they had located in the hotel was very good. My room was very clean with plenty of room to lounge around relax after all day meetings. I'd recommend this hotel. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

My business needs make the O'Hare area a good base for many of my trips to the greater Chicago area. I have stayed at all of the O'Hare area hotels and this Doubletree is among the best. Why? Besides easy access to all interstates, and a good valet service, the rooms are nice, clean and quiet. Connected to Gibson's Steakhouse and next to the convention center makes for a great meeting location. Staff is always friendly and helpful. If you need to be downtown beware you may need 1 hour to get to your meeting, so not ideal if you have downtown meetings. Also, there is a pool and small exercise room but not many machines and no views to speak of anywhere on the property. Nevertheless for business needs near O'Hare--I either stay here or at the Westin. Avoid the Crown Plaza and the Hilton Airport.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Honestevalu
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was great. The only word of caution is the self parking. Nothing wrong with it, but it's a big parking ramp, slightly confusing to exit. I'd recommend valet if you're driving. Loved the food that I had at their lobby restaurant. Not typical hotel fare.

• Stayed December 2012