“SCARY parking garage”

Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed here after a short trip to Chicago for a trade show. I had a 6am flight so I picked this hotel as it was 2 minutes from the airport. I had to get up in the middle of the night to make my flight and so I had to cross over from the hotel into the WAY FREAKING SCARY parking garage. Isolated, dark, no security...I literally ran to my car I was shaking like a leaf....not cool for a woman alone traveling. Of course I wasn't there very long....but beds tooo soft, water stains on ceiling etc. and this wicked scary parking experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I travel to this location every November for business. The rooms are so very comfortable and the location for the Stephens convention center is so very convenient. The front desk staff is incredible and Gibson's Steakhouse - YUM! The rooms are very nice and large and the bathrooms are great. HUGE shower and nice tub. Lots of room on the vanity for all your "stuff". Nice fluffy towels and plenty of them. I use their shuttle service and the drivers are always very courteous and helpful. And of course, upon check-in - the scrumptious warm chocolate cookies. No complaints at all on this hotel. Will I stay there again? Absolutely. You can't beat it for the value.

Room Tip: If you can snag an upgrade to a corner room, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear sloopie1 ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the DoubleTree O'Hare Rosemont. We are glad you enjoyed your stay over the convention. We look forward to your return next November.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

From the inconvenient parking in the garage across the lane shared by thousands of conventioneers to the locked garage doors which are not accessible to the guests to the lack of providing a full buffet to the diamond members to even the smallest items like having accessible electrical outlets near the desk, this hotel fails on every front!!!

Add cold callous front desk staff who no doubt are tired of hearing about it and this is a property to not just avoid but run from!!

Room Tip: None. Run!!
Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 22,204

Dear 22204,
I am sorry to hear your concerns about your stay at the DoubleTree O'Hare. We try our best to provide the best service to all guests and we will address your concerns with our staff. Please note that the parking garage is not owned or operated by the hotel; it is owned and operated by the Village of Rosemont.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel, with great rooms and a wonderful restaurant next door (Gibson's). The shuttle driver was very late in picking us and claimed it was a traffic issue although the other hotels were getting their shuttle vans to and from O'Hare with much greater success. Even the hotel seemed to wonder what was going on with this driver as they called him asking where he was at and what was taking so long. The check-in at the hotel was fast and efficient and I was in my room within a couple minutes. The room itself was very well appointed and the bathroom in particular was extremely nice. But I swear the bed in this room was the worst I've ever slept in! I kept rolling into the center, there was just no support at all. I finally slept on the sofa bed which although never a great experience was still better than the bed. This is a nice, quiet place to stay. Just don't expect to sleep very well on the beds.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I attended a two day dental conference and the facilities were great, as was the catering. The rooms were nice, large bathroom wirh a separate tub and shower. My only problem was finding the hotel, because google maps and my gps told me the hotel was on the left when in fact it was across the street from the convention center, not on the same side

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Rooms are roomy and very well appointed. Gibsons located right off the lobby, excellent meal. Nice sized pool and great brunch.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Once a year I stay at this low keyed Hotel since it is across the street from the Donald Stephens Convention Center. My stay is just an overnight but am always made to feel special. The front desk staff will accommodate all your needs. Yesterday while there, a friend who did not have her hotel booked here due to time frame asked the manager Sean(Front Desk) if there was a chance. We were sitting next door at Gibson's and within an hour Sean came over to tell us he got a cancellation and made it happen.
What more can I say!

Room Tip: Ask and the staff will try.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
ESDTMGR, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

Dear JG1Lambertville:
Thank you so much for your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton O'Hare. We are so glad you choose to stay with us when in Rosemont. We look forward to next year's stay!