“Friendly, helpful and aim to please”

SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The front desk staff there is awesome, around the clock! Anytime we called to ask for local malls, good restaurants, anything...if they didn't know they asked other staff members or googled it themselves! And they would give us turn by turn directions! They were AWESOME!

• Stayed: May 2013
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your experience here. I am so happy that we were able to not only exceed your expectations, but impress you overall. Our team is extremely dedicated to customer service, which I am so glad you encountered that during your visit.

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are visiting Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The shuttle service makes it fairly convenient to travel to/from airport and the shuttle also makes stops at the nearby train station. Hot plate breakfast is also offered, it has a good variety. The room is a decent size although the furnishing may be a little dated. The staffs are friendly and there is an Outback Steakhouse onsite, although not many dining choices within walking distance nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your nice comments and positive feedback about your experience here. I'm happy to hear you found our service and location convenient for you. Our staff prides itself in going above and beyond and I'm glad we were able to accommodate and impress you.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The furniture in this hotel has been getting shabbier by the year, I spoke with the management about the chairs 2 years ago and he asssured me then that they were renovating and the chairs would be replaced soon. Back again this year same shabby chairs in Breakfast area as have been there the past two years. The desk chair was so rickity in my room that I didn't want to sit on it. Called maintenance and they did bring up another chair to replace it. A chair showing lots of use but not as unsafe as the first chair was. The room was not as clean as it has been in the past. Daily housekeeping not a s good either. The carpet had what looked to be pizza cheese and sauce on the bed side that I needed to use. The carpet was not looking too good in other areas as well. On the positive side, breakfast selections are very good. Staff are very accommodating. Management very approachable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank xmasangel

Thank you for your recent stay at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'hare. I'm very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. I can assure you that the housekeeping and maintenance issue you described are not typical of the usually excellent service we provide. Your comments will be used as a training tool so that we can continue to improve our hotel. We are looking forward to a lobby renovation in the next couple months, if all goes as planned. I hope you will come back and visit us again the next time you are visiting the O'hare area.

Thank you again for being our guest! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The best hotel to stay at is right at the airport, the Hilton, so if the price of that is anywhere close to the alternatives you are considering, book it. Most other hotels involve a drive and a VERY interesting experience with chaos at the bus terminal at O'Hare. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason for which transfer bus parks where and the place is a constant chaotic flow of people and transfer vehicles -- and there seem to be hundreds of hotels. You should call this hotel and confirm what door their vehicle stops at and the times. On this stay, it was Door 2 and the vehicle stops on the 1/2 hour. There are lots of Marriott vehicles, but you can only take the ones branded with Springhill Suites. The location is a bit of a drive from the hotel and out on its own, but the transfer bus in the morning (on this trip, leaves 15 and 45 after every hour) will stop at the Blue Line train (5 minute ride tops) which makes this very convient to downtown for business at 1/2 or more less than the downtown hotels. My room was spacious enough for me and essentially a mini-suite and I found it to be clean. The staff is very accommodating. There is free internet and a decent free breakfast, so the price is hard to beat. I would consider staying here again - now that I have gone through the pain of learning how to survive the bus terminal at O'Hare, but my preference will be the Hilton right on the grounds of the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that you were overwhelmed with the bus and shuttle center at the airport. I am happy that you were able to find our shuttle and we could accommodate you during your visit. I'm glad that everything else went well for you. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting the O'hare area.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I origininally had planned on staying at the Renaissance hotel nearby as I have stayed there several times. I had spotted this hotel off the highway on past visits and I thought that i would give it a try. I checked into the hotel before noon and I was not surprised that my room was not available. The hotel appeared quite busy. The girl at the Front Desk was very friendly and inviting. She informed me that my room would likely be available shortly. I was then invited to enjoy the complimentary breakfast. I must say that it definitely hit the spot after driving four hours. The coffee was fresh and the breakfast was tasty and plentiful. The room was very clean and modern and the flat screen tv was a very nice addition to the room. I was in town to visit some friends and I always stay out by the airport. It is cheaper and convenient as long as you can get to the Blue Line station. The walk took me approximately 12 minutes from hotel to train station. Unfortunately the sidewalk is on the opposite side of the hotel. If you don't mind walking over uneven pavement and grass you can make it by walking on the side of the hotel. Personally, I think that the hotel should petition the the city to add a sidewalk. Oh well, certainly no major problem getting to the train station. The hotel offers shuttle service to the airport however, I am unaware of shuttle service to the Cumberland Train Station. If it is available, it is not advertised. Anyways, It takes approximately 35 minutes to get to The Magnificent Mile from this train station. The swimming pool in this hotel is very nice. However, I really like having a jacuzzi to sit in and relax. Especially after being in a car or doing lots of walking. Not quite ure why, but this particular property does not have a jacuzzi. Perhaps, a future remodel of the fitness / pool area could result in the addition of this. Also, another great perk is you do not have to pay a fee to park your car. Unlike other Chicago area hotels that rob you without a gun on parking fees, its free at this hotel. There is a grocery store two blocks away. They have a tremendous selection of beers and prepared foods. Perfect for the fridge in your room and late night munchies. I would stay at this Marriott property again and would recommend it for price and quality and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CubsFanMichigan

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. Thank you also for taking the time to review your experience here. We appreciate your positive comments and feedback. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and that you found our hotel conveniently located. Our team strives to ensure our guests have the comforts and conveniences while they are here.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the area. Thank you again for being our guest!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked this hotel online for our trip to Anime Central. I was looking for a hotel near the Hyatt where the convention is based and chose this one because it seemed the easiest hotel to get from point A to point B and still be able to use my husband's Marriott Rewards points. I was excited to book a corner room which claimed to have 450 square feet (probably it did), 2 full beds and a sofa bed, as well as a separation between beds and sofa and 2 TV's. With a family of 5 we need 2 tvs although my kids have grown so they are easier to entertain with other things.

We got to the hotel and were annoyed with the revolving door. Maybe this is a Chicago thing, but I like automatic sideways opening doors. Tiny parking lot, although I knew from reading reviews before I left that you could park in the outback steakhouse lot, too. They also claim to have an underground parking garage for vehicles under 6 feet, but neither my husband I were sure our Sienna Van would fit so we did not try.

I was disappointed in the layout of our room. First off, 1 tv, not 2, as stated online. I even checked again while I was there to make sure I had not been imagining it. The vanity area is open to the beds. This may not be an issue for everyone, but nobody wants to watch me take out my upper denture and clean it before bed and EVERYONE in both rooms could see it.
My husband said I was used to the embassy suites where the room layout is much better.

The first night we went to the front desk area to buy 2 sodas. No prices were listed and the lady at the front desk made eye contact with my husband and then turned and walked into the office and shut the door for about 2 minutes while we waited to pay. She did NOT apologize or anything and our charge was $5 for the two drinks. We checked the vending machines on our floor and they were also $2.50 per drink.

Breakfast was okay. The first day they had Biscuits and Gray which made my kids happy. Each day they had various breakfast cereals, oatmeal, waffles, either apples or bananas and they had Egg patties (round scrambled egg type things) and sausage (turkey one day and pork the other). They had muffins and bagels and bread, too. I liked the breakfast but I am really pretty easy to please as long as muffins are good and I can get some skim milk.

Our room keys stopped working several times during our stay which was pretty annoying.

I don't think we will stay here again if we go to Anime Central in the future.

Room Tip: The corner suite has more room, but only 1 tv and you'll be at the very end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time at the Anime convention. I want to thank you for your comments about your experience here. I do apologize about the few issues you had during your visit. I am sorry that your room wasn't set up the way you had prefered it to be. Our corner suites are our largest suites, and are great for a family of 5, like yours. I want to apologize that you were informed on our website about having 2 TVs in the room. Most of our corner suites do, but there are a few that only have 1. I have discussed this with upper management, and we are going to make the corrections on the website to prevent the wrong information from getting to our guests. For our underground parking, just so you know, your van definitely would have fit in the garage. In the future, please feel free to ask someone at the front desk about the size of your vehicle, and we can let you know if it would fit. We want to make sure you have all the options and information necessary for your stay to be enjoyable. I do apologize about the issue at the front desk. I do want you to know that instance is not typical for our hotel.

I will be using your feedback as a training topic for our team to help improve ourselves as a hotel.

I hope you will give us another chance on showing you our exceptional service. Please feel free to contact me personally and I will be happy to make reservations for you.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I stayed here prior to an early flight to the Caribbean. Our stay was very pleasant, as with all Springhill Suites.
Here's the breakdown:
-An Outback Steakhouse is attached to the hotel through a door in the lobby. If you like "Australian" cuisine.
-Their complimentary breakfast is very decent with a waffle maker, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, eggs, sausage, juices, and more.
-There is fresh coffee all day and night long.
-If you need to still print your tickets, there are two kiosks to do so.
-Rooms were extremely spacious with a small living room, TV and refrigerator, with a separate bathroom and bedroom. Views have little to be desired.
-The best for last... Chupa Chupa lollipops are for grabs at the check-in desk.
-My one and only complaint is it's distance from public transportation. The Cumberland Blue Line CTA stop is a bit of a walk--particularly in the frigid Chicago winter. They do, however, offer a free shuttle to and from O'Hare Airport (about a 10 minute drive, depending on traffic), but if you're coming from downtown Chicago it can be tough. If you have a car, there is free parking for guests in their parking lot.

Room Tip: Higher floors most likely have less noise from the expressway, although the windows were fairly soun...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I hope you and your family had a nice vacation in the Caribbean. I am glad to hear that both you and your family enjoyed your experience here. I wanted to also thank you for all your nice comments about our hotel. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the many amenities we offer, like our breakfast, shuttle service, and flight board kiosk. I do aplogize that you found our distance to the Blue Line a bit far. We are only about 7 blocks from the closest station, and like you said, we always do have our shuttle running and we will be more than happy to stop by there and pick up guests waiting at the train, to avoid the walk back after a long day downtown.

I hope you and your family will stay with us again the next time you are visiting the O'hare area. Thank you again for being our guest!