“GREAT STAFF, PLEASANT STAY”

SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was a good pick for the amount we paid. we book it though hotwire and really we paid a very good rate, the hotel has great breakfast a very nice variety. The staff of the hotel was very gentil , we needed few items we forgot like tooth brushes, we called the front desk and they promptly send it to the room.The hotel has quick service by sure, something to point since in average hotels make you wait for a few until they send stuffs to your room. Here I was impressed they send all quickly. The shuttle runs 24 hours, they have 2 running... and it is a very good service. the staff we need to make sure we congratulate because the service provided is very good and all people are very friendly and courtesy is a plus. Professional and friendly staff is very notorios at this hotel. We asked for a late checkout and they promply say ok. The rooms are suites large size they have refrigerator and a small kitchen with microwave, paper plates and plastic forks and knives were provided. The hotel is near by the airport has a big supermarket Dominix near by, the subway is closed 3 blocks, the shuttle drive you there and pick u up every 30 minutes. They have free parking outside and also extra garage as underground parking.
Driving from the hotel using the freeway in 18 minutes you are downtown Ohio st. . The hotel has an easy Interstate access to I- 90/94/190.
The hotel is modern and has the Outback restaurant inside that operates only from 4pm until 9pm.
Using the public transportation use the One Day Fun Pass Transportation U$5.95 per day you have free usage on buses and subway( this one day pass is sold at the dominix supermarket, they do not have it at the subway cumberland station) There they have the 3 day pass as well.
In average we have nothing bad to say about the hotel, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Any room seems to be ok...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank A V O
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience here. Also thank you for your positive and nice comments about the staff and the hotel. We do have a very dedicated team who takes pride in the work we do. I will be sure to let them all know your kind words. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer to our guests. I am very happy that everything you encountered here left such a good impression with you. I hope you will stay with us again in the future, the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel was a great place to stay in Chicago. Good location with easy Interstate access, the rooms were spacious and very clean. Breakfast was good too. We had a very pleasant stay and would stay here again the next time we are in Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I am so glad that we were able to make your experience here enjoyable. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Guest Experience

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My son and I traveled to Chicago for a college visit. My husband stays at this hotel frequently on business and he highly recommends it (and as an international cargo pilot, he stays in many hotels so he's picky!) They had a free shuttle to/from the airport and they are a couple blocks from the "L" train station. They have 24 hour shuttle service in the local area. So when we came back late from downtown, all we had to do was call the hotel and they sent over a driver. He also took us to a local restaurant. The staff was delightful, friendly, and very helpful.The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was decent and the coffee was great (I'm picky about my coffee!). Although it was about an hour train/bus ride to town, it was much cheaper than staying downtown and worked out perfectly for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cheryl H

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am glad that you found your experience here so great. The staff here takes pride in the hotel and we all want to ensure that every guest has a great experience while staying here. I am glad that you found the amenities we offer to be helpful and enjoyable for you. The breakfast and our great coffee are always a great way to start anyone's day. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of that here.

Thank you again for being our guest! I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting Chicago.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in August 2012.

Our experience is similar to what other reviewers have noted. Some additional observations -

Pluses:
- Professional and friendly staff
- Handy to have access to secured underground parking (small entrance just before above ground parking very easy to miss; need room card key to enter so check in first and then repark)
- Due to a late arrival, we opted to just go to the Outback Steakhouse. Very glad it was for this; we were pleasantly surprised at the quality and value of our dinner!
- Guest coin laundry: three washers and four dryers - a huge plus because often only one washer and one dryer exist. At other places I frequently wait and sometimes guests take a while to empty them!

Minuses:
- We had planned on using a one day Fun Pass for transportation into and around the city. Though a minor quibble, I checked with the front desk and the shuttle driver if this one day pass could be purchased at that rail station near the hotel. Both said yes, but when we arrived at the station we were informed we’d have to go across the street to purchase at Dominicks (if they had them.) Fortunately they did, but it would have saved a bit of time if we just went there in the first place.
- Room had a faint smoking smell that eventually went away. The hotel is non-smoking, so perhaps someone was smoking near a vent?

Would definitely stay here if in the Chicago area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HImom1
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. We have a great staff here and everyone works extremely hard to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. I am glad that you were able to use some of our amenities here, like dining at Outback Steakhouse (always a great choice for dinner) and our shuttle to go to the train station. I do apologize that you were misinformed about the One Day pass for the CTA. The front desk and the shuttle drivers have been informed of the correct information so they can all give our guests the correct information for purchasing tickets. I also wanted to apologize that your room had a faint smoke smell. We are a smoke-free hotel, however, if a guest does choose to smoke in the room, we deep clean the room and put a machine in it to get any trace of smoke out of it, to ensure a clean smelling room for the next guest.

I want to thank you again for staying with us and being our guest. And I am glad that we were able to make your experience with us a great one! I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been staying at different hotels around ORD area, at least a few times per yr over the past years. I have stayed in more upscale hotels around this area, but all in all, I like this the BEST. Sure, I'd say the Westin , Hayatt and the Hilton around the same ORD area are more luxurious (honestly, ttheir bed are are more comfortable), but this suites give a very homey feeling. I booked this place through Hotwire, for a very good price, but I am sold to be a repeated customers next time even without the good deal. The shuttle staff is very courteous, the front desk is very helpful! The gentleman in the frontdesk let me know the shuttle can take me to the Blue line station which is around 10 mins or so walking distance. I didn't take advantage of that as I has not left my room for the 2 days i stayed here. They have relatively good breakfast, very healthy (non sweeten oatmeal with cranberries and fresh bannan, they also have apple). They also have saussage and egg (they're not the BEST kind , but it's good variety and hot breakfast which is FREE and included in the room charge, which I found very impressive. I have used their business center to print stuff, everything is very accessible, tidy and clean. Unlike a very upscale hotel where you have to pay for all your internet, printing blah blah blah, everything here is inclusive in their room charges. They have complimentary fresh brew coffee 24 hrs a day as well. I also noticed that the couch in the living room seems to be a sofa bed. I dont have to use it as I'm a single travaller, but this is a great deal if you are traveling as a family of 4 given the price of the room is not expensive even if you book on their website. During my stay, the toilet didn't flush, I called on the front desk and a very clean and professional staff came up to fix things right away. Overall, I'm really impress at the quality and the maintanence of this hotel. Everything feels very nice and I enjoyed my stay here very much!

Room Tip: I stayed on the side out facing the street, it's quiet despite that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your very nice and good comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am so glad that we were able to make you feel at home here from the time you checked in to the time you left. That is always our goal to make our guests feel comfortable while they are here. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of most of our amenities that we offer here. I am extremely glad that you are planning on staying with us again next time you are visiting Chicago.

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

everything was excelllent, except for two things.
1. bathroom sink is outside of bathroom
2. repetitive same continental breakfast

now the good stuff.
1. early check in without asking
2. polite day front counter employees
3. shuttle provided to and from ORD airport and the near blue line train station.(a big and safe plus)
3. semi suite with a HALF wall seperating living room and bedroom
4. outback steakhouse with entrance through lobby.
over all really good
5. we take lysol wipes to all hotels we stay at to clean and wipe surfaces that we will touch like: fridge, faucets, door knobs, etc... We found no dirt or dirtiness. Really good cleaning crew.

Room Tip: try to request your suite away from rail road tracks on highway. It gets an itsy bitsy annoying.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found your experience pleasant. I am sorry that you didn't like the sink placement in our suites. We have larger sinks so they have to be outside of the bathroom. I apologize that you found our breakfast to be repetitive. We do have a large selection each day to choose from, like eggs, sausage (pork and turkey), hot oatmeal, waffles, cereal, and muffins. I hope that you were able to find something enjoyable to eat each morning during your stay.

I am very glad that you enjoyed the amenities we offer. We have a great team here and we all take pride in caring for this hotel and ensuring that our guest have a great experience here. I am glad that you found that true.

Thank you again for being our guest! I hope you will remember and stay with us the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a late inbound flight to Ohare and an early meeting the next morning. I was booked at this property, about a 15-20 minute drive from the big airport. I was upgraded to the top floor of the buidling which had high-ceiling suites, with separate living rooms and eat-in kitchens. Large, floor to ceiling windows looking out at the freeway and down toward the airport. The checkin staff was very friendly and efficient, and free parking in a small lot adjacent to the hotel. The room was exceptionally clean, and bathroom towels and linens in good shape. While no one should be stranded late around the Ohare airport area, this hotel was comfortable and close to some chain restaurants. Staff was very friendly, and again, very clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our Deluxe King suite. We do take pride in all the hard work that we do here to make sure that the hotel is kept exceptionally clean and comfortable for our guests. Our goal is always to meet and hopefully exceed our guests' expectations, so I am glad that we were able to do that for you.

Thank you again for being our guest! I hope you will stay with us the next time you are traveling to Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!