“a really pleasant stay”

SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been staying at different hotels around ORD area, at least a few times per yr over the past years. I have stayed in more upscale hotels around this area, but all in all, I like this the BEST. Sure, I'd say the Westin , Hayatt and the Hilton around the same ORD area are more luxurious (honestly, ttheir bed are are more comfortable), but this suites give a very homey feeling. I booked this place through Hotwire, for a very good price, but I am sold to be a repeated customers next time even without the good deal. The shuttle staff is very courteous, the front desk is very helpful! The gentleman in the frontdesk let me know the shuttle can take me to the Blue line station which is around 10 mins or so walking distance. I didn't take advantage of that as I has not left my room for the 2 days i stayed here. They have relatively good breakfast, very healthy (non sweeten oatmeal with cranberries and fresh bannan, they also have apple). They also have saussage and egg (they're not the BEST kind , but it's good variety and hot breakfast which is FREE and included in the room charge, which I found very impressive. I have used their business center to print stuff, everything is very accessible, tidy and clean. Unlike a very upscale hotel where you have to pay for all your internet, printing blah blah blah, everything here is inclusive in their room charges. They have complimentary fresh brew coffee 24 hrs a day as well. I also noticed that the couch in the living room seems to be a sofa bed. I dont have to use it as I'm a single travaller, but this is a great deal if you are traveling as a family of 4 given the price of the room is not expensive even if you book on their website. During my stay, the toilet didn't flush, I called on the front desk and a very clean and professional staff came up to fix things right away. Overall, I'm really impress at the quality and the maintanence of this hotel. Everything feels very nice and I enjoyed my stay here very much!

Room Tip: I stayed on the side out facing the street, it's quiet despite that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your very nice and good comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am so glad that we were able to make you feel at home here from the time you checked in to the time you left. That is always our goal to make our guests feel comfortable while they are here. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of most of our amenities that we offer here. I am extremely glad that you are planning on staying with us again next time you are visiting Chicago.

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

everything was excelllent, except for two things.
1. bathroom sink is outside of bathroom
2. repetitive same continental breakfast

now the good stuff.
1. early check in without asking
2. polite day front counter employees
3. shuttle provided to and from ORD airport and the near blue line train station.(a big and safe plus)
3. semi suite with a HALF wall seperating living room and bedroom
4. outback steakhouse with entrance through lobby.
over all really good
5. we take lysol wipes to all hotels we stay at to clean and wipe surfaces that we will touch like: fridge, faucets, door knobs, etc... We found no dirt or dirtiness. Really good cleaning crew.

Room Tip: try to request your suite away from rail road tracks on highway. It gets an itsy bitsy annoying.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found your experience pleasant. I am sorry that you didn't like the sink placement in our suites. We have larger sinks so they have to be outside of the bathroom. I apologize that you found our breakfast to be repetitive. We do have a large selection each day to choose from, like eggs, sausage (pork and turkey), hot oatmeal, waffles, cereal, and muffins. I hope that you were able to find something enjoyable to eat each morning during your stay.

I am very glad that you enjoyed the amenities we offer. We have a great team here and we all take pride in caring for this hotel and ensuring that our guest have a great experience here. I am glad that you found that true.

Thank you again for being our guest! I hope you will remember and stay with us the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a late inbound flight to Ohare and an early meeting the next morning. I was booked at this property, about a 15-20 minute drive from the big airport. I was upgraded to the top floor of the buidling which had high-ceiling suites, with separate living rooms and eat-in kitchens. Large, floor to ceiling windows looking out at the freeway and down toward the airport. The checkin staff was very friendly and efficient, and free parking in a small lot adjacent to the hotel. The room was exceptionally clean, and bathroom towels and linens in good shape. While no one should be stranded late around the Ohare airport area, this hotel was comfortable and close to some chain restaurants. Staff was very friendly, and again, very clean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our Deluxe King suite. We do take pride in all the hard work that we do here to make sure that the hotel is kept exceptionally clean and comfortable for our guests. Our goal is always to meet and hopefully exceed our guests' expectations, so I am glad that we were able to do that for you.

Thank you again for being our guest! I hope you will stay with us the next time you are traveling to Chicago.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I spent three nights at SpringHill Suites at Chicago, O'Hare. A nice property for the business or family traveller. Shuttle service to/from O'Hare, Cumberland CTA station (Blue Line) or anywhere reasonably nearby is excellent. Staff are courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and adequate. OutBack Steakhouse front door is in the lobby! Price was right. I took the train each day into the city. I will definitely return to this Marriott property. I know hotels having 40 years of business travel. Marriott Lifetime Platinum Member.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for so much for your recent stay. I am glad we were able to accomodate you during your visit to Chicago. I am glad that while you were here, you were able to take advantage of the many amenities that we offer, like our shuttle service, and the Outback Steakhouse. We do have a great staff here, and I am glad that they were able to help you while you were here. I really appreciate your nice comments. I will pass them on to the staff.

Thank you again for being our guest! I hope if you return to the Chicagoland area in the future, that you will remember and stay with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Since our last stay in Oct 2011, they have started the renovations they needed here. There were new rugs in hallways. Our room was in better condition overall. Breakfast selections are good. Internet service is good. Park in the parking garage after you find it as the upper lot fills up fast. For this location the price is pretty good. Travel into Chicago can take 30 minutes to 60 depending on the traffic. Located close to I90 entrances. Nice comfortable bedding. Nice size room. Outback right off the lobby. Grocery store conveniently

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We were glad to have you stay with us again. Yes, we did renovate the hallways on the floors. The carpets are all new as well as the wallpaper. It definitely makes the hotel more fresh looking and up to date. We are very excited and pleased at how well it turned out. I am glad that you noticed it during your stay.

I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations again during this stay. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again the next time you are visiting Chicago.

Kimberly Kucaba, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My nephew and I recently visited the SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare. It was a beautiful hotel, not flashy but very clean, nicely decorated and in good repair. It was about 4 blocks from the Blue line so getting downtown was easy to do (plenty of parking where we picked up the blue line). The room was a good size, with a pull out bed from the couch which well accomodated my nephew's 6 foot frame, and the king size bed was just right for me. Free wi-fi was easily accessed. While we could hear the el going by, it wasn't a big deal and in no way took away from our stay there. It was nice to have the Outback restaurant attached to the hotel--very convenient. The only thing they could improve upon is some aspects of the complimentary breakfast. While there was a good variety, the waffle makers didn't cook the waffles through, and the egg patties were rubbery and, quite honestly, pretty gross. Fluffy scrambled eggs would have been much more tasty and visually appealing. It would also have been nice to have had bacon as well as sausage. Otherwise, a VERY nice place to stay and I woul recommend it to anyone staying on the north side of Chicago. Good value!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for your comments. I am glad that we could make your stay comfortable and convenient. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of a lot of our amenities, which I am glad about. I am sorry that you found our breakfast less than satisfying. We appreciate all feedback, both negative and positive, to help us improve our product and services.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Kimberly Kucaba, Guest Experience Manger

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Arrived 9:30 pm, needing a restful night, to find - this Marriott brand being new to me - that "suites" were a mockery, especially since the "suite" that had been confirmed by Marriott 2 weeks ago for our party of 3, possibly 4 (two grown daughters) had only a queen bed; additionally this mid-size property was overrun by two very large groups, half of them under 16, with consequent hot and moist elevators. Front desk munchkins completely negative. After 30 min of intense discussion, manager on duty came around and put us in a handicap room, an odd set-up; lavatory is open in center of "suite" so shaving is a spectator event. On the following two days of our stay the weekend manager was pleasant and competent, and both mgr's carried through by adjusting the bill as promised.Curious how Marriott would describe the mission of this brand; like the old full-service Marriott down the street, this property seems tired and over-used. I declined to have the lobby breakfast with 200 new friends, all going for the granola together.

Room Tip: For a suite with privacy for members of a family, go for other brands.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to find you a room that meet your needs. I apologize that it wasn't exactly what you had expected it to be. Our suites are all layed out similarly, entering the living room and then the to the side is the kitchen area, with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, and then the bedroom in the back. None of our suites are seperated by a door, but a partial wall to give a little seperation and privacy for multiple people staying in the room. All of our rooms do have the vanity/sink area on the outside of the bathroom area, which I apologize that you didn't like. We do tend to have large groups stay here, and it can get crowded for breakfast, but we always try to have the overflow of people in an additional breakfast room area.

I apologize that your stay with us wasn't satisfactory for your. I do appreciate your feedback and comments, both positive and negative. We use all comments to help better our team, so we can ensure we are giving exceptional service to all of our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you are visiting the Chicagoland area.