“Great Location - Great Hotel!”

Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Lebanon, Ohio
“Great Location - Great Hotel!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The acid test is would I stay there again if I was going to be in the area...Answer is Yes! Very nice hotel experience.

Clean quiet and comfortable room. All services and amenities available. Parking was convenient too.

Was a bit surprised they did not have a mini bar / fridge though.

Room Tip: Had a corner room, # 343, large with two windows -- Nice!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Tom H,

Thank you for your review. We definitely will look forward to hosting you again. We can provide a refrigerator upon request for your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed at this Hilton prior to a vacation flight to Arizona. Staff was great, restaurant good food after a long drive, room quiet and well appointed. The Hotel gave us exactly what we needed - great value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William S,

Thank you for submitting your review. Hopefully you saw our Park and Fly package or parking for pennies. Enjoy your vacation, see you when you return!
Nottinghamshire, UK
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We decided to stay here after seeing good reviews and were very pleased with our choice. We have stayed at several other hotels at O'Hare in the past, all of which we found disappointing. Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful and the room was excellent - very clean with new, modern and stylish furnishings. The bed was very comfortable. I would have rated this as excellent except for our experience of the shuttle. On arriving at the airport we had a long wait compared to other hotel shuttles and we scarcely had time to negotiate a path through to the bus before the driver was about to pull away. The next morning we and quite a few others were in line for the return trip. The bus arrived ten minutes late and had only nine seats, and so people were left behind. The shuttle appears to serve two other hotels and seems of inadequate size to handle the number of passengers

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Candls,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for your experience with the shuttle. We will be receiving a brand new Mercedes Van any day now to help on those days where the shuttle volume is unusually high. Safe travels.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Bar is a little pricey. Find somewhere else drink. Toby Keith's is right around the corner. Food is very good and staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms very nice, expected a refrigerator and microwave for the price but did not have.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Randy G,

Thank you for your review. We always have a refridgerator and microwave available upon reuqest. You coiuld also request these items in advance of your stay so we can have them waiting for you upon arrival.
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I debated between this hotel and another hotel due to the proximity and the Tripadvisor reviews.This hotel had good reviews, but the other hotel had better.

Due to the other hotel being sold out through Expedia, I went with this hotel.I'm glad I did!

When I arrived, I had ample parking to check-in.I was greeted by a clerk who was friendly and had a pleasant smile.We were directed to self-parking.Parking is $22 a night.After we parked, we walked down a covered walkway.We were placed in room 907.We stayed two nights.The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.My son enjoyed the pool two days.It was clean and not crowded.A small perk, but noticeable to me.Usually the pool towels are hard and have a smell of chlorine.The pool towels were cottony and did not smell of chlorine.The towel shelf was always stocked.We had to use the computers in order to print our airline tickets and make copies.This was free of charge.I forgot my toothbrush, so I called to see if they had one.They did and it was brought up within minutes.

Overall, I am happy that I stayed with this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor and did not hear the numerous airplanes that fly over.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RADPrincipal,

Thank you for the review! I am glad that you and your son had a great time. I hope you had some time to enjoy the local entertainment while you were here.
BOS
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I came with modest expectations and they were far exceeded by the Hilton Rosemont. I stay mostly with Marriotts these days but keep my Hilton Gold going for the couple of times I need a stay where a Marriott is unavailable or unreasonably expensive. For this last minute trip to Chicago during ASCO I found all downtown hotels booked solid had happily booked the Rosemont Hilton at a pretty good price.
When I arrived early (~ 10.30 a.m.) I was pleasantly surprised when they had room ready for me! Not the one I booked through OLCI but a similar one matching my preferences! Not only that but the guy checking me in even offered me breakfast (which I did not take because I had BF on the flight to ORD) both (!) days. Wow, that's a great start to a hotel stay. The room was nice, functional and a typical Hilton room. When I got back to the hotel later in the day I found 2 bottles of complimentary water and must say the room was very quiet (which I like) with literally no noise from departing/arriving planes.
Breakfast was good but not outstanding with again excellent service. Check-out was a breeze and the shuttle back the airport was as efficient as the one to the hotel.
Overall the Rosemont Hilton exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to return for another ORD stay in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cfischer,

Thank you for submitting your review. I hope your travels bring you back to our area soon. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Only booked this hotel because of a negotiated rate with a customer.

The location is terrific if you are staying near the airport, and the hotel runs a free shuttle between the airport and the property. It's a nice looking hotel, big lobby, decent bar\restaurant. The room, compared to any chain\property renovated in the last few years, is fine. Not terrible large, but good TV and furniture (desk, lounge, etc). Bathroom, like almost every other hotel, looks very nice on the surface, but if you look closely at things like shower fixtures you start to see dirt\rust\etc on the undersides and I felt like the fancy tiles on the shower kind of hid soap residue that hadn't been cleaned properly. The bed was large enough, 4 small pillows, not the best I've had but far from the worst. Overall, small but .. OK.

However, two significant issues I'd mention, at least for me. First, I was bothered by noise both outside the hotel - a lot of airplane noise came in the room - and inside the hotel, by what the front desk staff suggested could have been the service elevator, which both nights I was there keep starting up, going for 10-20 seconds, then shutting down. I never did confirm what it was, exactly, but both sources of noise were disturbing.

Second would be the rates. Even with a negotiated rate, the room was I believe $150 a night and was not worth even that rate when compared with chains like Hampton Inn (also Hilton owned). But, on top of the rate is the fact that the property charged $10/night for internet access, and charges a crazy amount for breakfast ($15 for continental buffet I think) instead of providing it complimentary, or charging a reasonable price for it.

Although my overall impression of the facilities was "fine", between the noise issues and cost, I would look for other properties in the area where you might get a better value and a better night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask about and avoid rooms near service elevator.
schmitty233,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your candid feedback. In comparison to the Hampton Inn, each Hilton “Brand” has its qualifiers and we cannot all be the same. There is actually a Hampton Inn being built right down the road and should be opened by next year. We hope you continue to choose and of the Hilton Family of Brands for all of your future stays.