“Bad Night for the Chef?”
Review of Cafe Zalute - CLOSED

Cafe Zalute
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Rd.
st. louis, mo area
“Bad Night for the Chef?”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Because of the reviews we tried this mall restaurant. I has a decent decor, but that was about it. I had the veal limone dish and the veal was very overcooked. It was much like the way my mother used to cook veal. The polenta was pretty good. My husband had the pork chop which was also very much overcooked. It was a Thursday night and hardly anyone was there and the service was still slow. I don't know if it was an off night, but we will never go back there when we visit this part of town. I read oother reviews and thought we would have a great dinner. Very disappointed.

• Visited June 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Simply awful.”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went for a work event. Restaurant was empty with the exception of our group. Service was slow. Food was either over cooked or over salted. Owner gave off the vibe of a used car salesman. Save your money. There are literally 50 other nearby Italian restaurants that get it right. Oh yeah, even though gratuity was already added to the check, there was an additional line for gratuity on the receipt. How greedy is this place?

• Visited April 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Great food, nice place”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We liked everything we ordered, and among 8 of us, we ordered a lot. Basically an Italian menu, but steaks and chops too. Great waiters. I didn't see the tab- I don't think it was an inexpensive place.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and a fun atmosphere”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had a customer in town staying near O'Hare. this was a fun place which was not as snooty or priced as high as some of the convention places. I had the chicken and artichoke which was very good. the desserts are very large. We shared a Tiramisu and Bread Pudding for four people, and took pleny home. the only improvement is that the sign on Devon is broken.

• Visited May 2014
San Pedro, Belize
“Horrible food and service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited this establishment for our Valentine dinner everything started out well our appetizers where great but our other courses where disgusting first we had lobster bisque soup which was served cold then after we recieved the soup hot it tasted like canned soup the so called lobster in the bisque was catfish do to the dirty aftertaste the double cut pork chop my wife had was nasty and tasteless and tough my son had the chicken alfredo was ok but a massive portion for a child I had the 10oz filet was burnt not charret and it was cooked unevenly some parts where medium some where rare the steak was supposed to be medium well and you will always have the feeling you're being watched because the wait staff will talk about you in plain sight which makes it very uncomfortable to sit and trying to enjoy. I would not recommended this establishment for dinner at all