“STEAK! SERVICE! COCKTAILS! VERY NICE!!!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Balmoral Avenue
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Roselle, Illinois
“STEAK! SERVICE! COCKTAILS! VERY NICE!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We got together with family from Wisconsin at this wonderful steak house which is connected to the InterContinental Hotel. The service was perfect and the food was even better! Fresh bread, wonderful salads and steaks cooked to order. A great meal with nice, large cocktails! BOOM!

• Visited March 2014

East Haddam, Connecticut
“Finest dining experience”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am a frequent traveler to Chicago, and discovered this wonderful restaurant a couple years ago. I realize that this is a chain, and I know I can expect the same quality I receive from the others I visit -great food, atmosphere and service, yet there is something more special about this particular restaurant: great management.

This place provides the standard from which I judge all other fine restaurants. Let me share my first experience. I joined some colleagues for dinner on a Thursday evening -just before a Friday business meeting. I was not familiar with the menu, so Matt -the managing partner- recommended a particular Kona rubbed steak. Later in the evening, he returned, and asked how we liked our meal, and whether I took his recommendation. I ordered the filet mignon, so I let him know that I might try his recommendation another time. He smiled when he left our table, and returned in about ten minutes with a small plate of the Kona rubbed steak. He told me that he had the chef prepare it especially for me, so I could make a comparison while the taste was fresh in my mind. It remains my all-time favorite steak.

We returned each Thursday since then, and every time it seems they improve. The service staff is well trained, knowledgeable, and enhances the experience. They always share that they are happy working with each other, and love working with Matt.

When we visited in December, Matt asked that we let him know when we planned on visiting, as he would order some special beer, and pair them with a meal. I sent him an email, and we made reservations for March 13th. I could go on for hours describing the experience, yet couldn't do it justice. Let's just say it was remarkable -fabulous meal and incredible service. Matt assigned one of his best wait staff, TJ -a wine sommelier and beer connoisseur. TJ made every effort in serving us, and deserves the stars he wears on his lapel.

I understand that Chicago has many fine restaurants -particularly downtown, yet I recommend this restaurant to anyone staying near the airport, and everyone else should consider taking a ride -it's that good!

• Visited March 2014
Norridge, Illinois
“Great food and service, besides the management.”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I love a good steak! So i go there on a weekly basis on saturdays. I have been going there for the last year once a week and i love the service and food! The lobster mac and cheese is great! Service is outstanding, and alot of the waiters and bartenders recognize me and my companion when I go there. One thing that really bothers me is the management. Im not sure what the asst. managers name is but he has not once asked how my meal or expirienve was. He always walks by and looks at us sideways. There was only one particular time i got very aggravated. Theyover cooked my steak and the manager did not even come out and apoligize. This is something i wouldnt compain about reguraly but when im a regular and spend alot of time and money in that place, it bothers me when a manager wont even aknowladge something like that. I wish i knew his name because i would love to throw him under the bus and teach him a lesson on how to take care of customers.

• Visited February 2014
Wichita, Kansas
“The grill Capitol”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Outstanding service in a comfortable environment. Very nice wine selection. Each person at our table ordered something the different. The steaks were great as well as the tuna. I had the lamb chops. They were pretty good for domestic lamb but not as good as New Zealand lamb. The berry sand cream for desert was awesome. Capitol grill never disappoints.

Visited March 2014
Pleasant Valley, New York
“first time a good surprise”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

It was my first time at this chain located 15 feet from the Intercontinental Rosemont and I really enjoyed both the food and service. I have had better steaks, but this one was pretty good and the service was great.

Visited February 2014

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!