“Nice surprise”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Balmoral Avenue
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boss took us here for a Christmas lunch. I thought it would be ghastly expensive, since I generally find classic steakhouses way overpriced . Since the boss was paying, I didn't care. But the lunch prices weren't outrageous and they have a nice deal where for $16, you select a soup or salad, a basic entree out of a choice of about four, and a choice of sides. For an elegant place like this, that's pretty good. And the soup choice includes a rich clam chowder. The service was a mix of friendly and formal, and the atmosphere is traditional steakhouse. At some point, I'll go back and spend my own money for a nice lunch occasion.

1  Thank Oakparker300

Reviewed December 27, 2012

So, the food and service are great. It's just so darn expensive. I really like the atmosphere, though. Very old school money. I have been very satisfied by my dining experience here. It would be a great place for a business dinner (like if you're on an expense account or someone else is paying). No complaints.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This restaurant does it all flawlessly. The valet, the hosts, the managers, the servers, food prep all done to perfection. The service never seems phony or overdone. They know their business and get it right. The steaks are the best and melt in your mouth, and done perfectly. Don't skip the salads or sides they are top notch as well. Very good wine list with some hidden values. Don't be afraid to ask.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were on a tight schedule and needed to dine quickly. Cocktails, appetizers, salad, and entry all served in just over an hour and all served just as we finished the previous couse. The beef was cooked to perfection. Will eat thwere again when in the Chicago area.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I really enjoyed this place. If you are looking for a traditional steakhouse experience, with some local touches (celebrity portraits, gangster style) you will enjoy this place. Not too Expensive, but definitely not cheap, it was overall enjoyable. With wine and side dishes, expect to pay about hundred dollars per person.
I had the tenderloin, several coworkers had the porterhouse. Everyone was pleased with their meal. The highlight of the meal was definitely the lobster macaroni and cheese.
The service was excellent, in line with what you'd expect from a restaurant of this caliber.
The wine list was extensive. The menu offered several seafood options as well as the obligatory steaks.
Overall I can heartily recommend.

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!