“Atmosphere was very nice. Food was not what we expected.”
Review of Pancakes Eggcetera - CLOSED

Pancakes Eggcetera
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Atmosphere was very nice. Food was not what we expected.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for someplace different for breakfast. After reading the reviews, we were excited to be going. The restaurant is very cute with the train. The menu is quite large. My husband was disappointed in his pancakes. He finally pinpointed the odd taste. They use cake mix in the batter. Instead of fluffy. They are more gummy. I ordered the eggs benedict with corned beef hash. I thought that the hash would be on the side but it was under the egg. The egg was more over easy than poached. The hollandaise sauce was tasteless. Instead of an english muffin they used a small bagel which was extremely hatd to cut.

While the service was good. We left half of our breskfast on our plates.

• Visited May 2013

Chicago
“Good location, about what you'd expect”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Its a decent spot for breakfast based on location and ease of access/parking etc. Food & service are decent but nothing special or notable.

Visited April 2013
“Great food, good selection, easy access, convenient”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I chose the banana nut pancakes with sausage patties as a side item. The pancakes were generously sized and were brought to the table with a supply of warm syrup and whipped butter. The pancakes were topped with sliced bananas (not bananas inside the pancakes) and a handful of broken walnuts. They were fresh and tasty. But the thing I will remember most is the sausage patties. This was some of the best sausage I have every had. It was firm, yet tender, and juicy but not mushy, and was well spiced, but not overbearing. When in the area, I will definitely visit again!

The one problem I had was with the free WIFI. I was unable to connect with my iPAD. The manager noticed my trouble and offered to help. "iPAD?" he inquired. I responded that it was and he indicated they had problems connecting iPads and iPhones from the dining room but if he could take it back to the hotspot in the back, he would likely be able to connect. He did and brought the iPad back to me, still connected to their WIFI.

PROS: The food and friendly service
CONS: Troublesome WIFI

Visited April 2013
1 Thank WilliamT316
Medford, New Jersey
“Delicious Breakfast with Great Service”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had the most excellent breakfast two mornings in a row. The chorizo burrito is very good with plenty of cheese, chorizo, eggs and veggies. The atmosphere is very family friendly with a train running overhead for the kids to enjoy. We went back a second morning because the food was so good as well as the service. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. When we return to Chicago and stay near O'hare, we will definitely return to this place!

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“so pleasant!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

we found this restaurant by chance. from the moment we walked in we could tell it had a homey feel. it did not disappoint on any account. service was quick and friendly, portion size was good , and the food itself was very good. we enjoyed the relaxing lunch, and if we get a chance we would definitely come back.

• Visited January 2013