“Good business, confernence and family hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Rosemont, Illinois
“Good business, confernence and family hotel”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The staff is very competent, friendly and willing to do whatever to make your stay pleasant while being respectful of your privacy. The staff get along well with each other. I've never seen employees congregating to complain. When 2 or 3 of them happen to be together the conversation appears to be pleasant, up beat conversations and always immediately stopped to serve the customer.

In the last year the restaurant and bar area has been renovated. The menu has the typical staples and unique dishes all of which are very good. If you have any issue at all with your room the appropriate staff responds and the front desk follows up to ensure your issue was taken care of to your expectation. My team travels weekly to the hotel and have encountered very few issues with the hotel and service is always good and provided with a smile. he beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. As others noted the decor and rooms could be updated but it is a pleasant hotel to stay in.

The breakfast included with your stay has a lot of variety from typical continetal to hot food and a chef to prepare eggs any style you like. The free happy hour for 2 hours every evening is well staffed and stocked with vegatables,snacks and drinks served by a bartender or two.

The hotel is conveniently located near the airport and the free shuttle service works like clockwork. In addition to the convention center across the street, a lot of restaurants have opened up in the last year or so in the Entertainment District. In the winter the Entertainment District opens an ice skating rink and in the summer they have lawn games set up. Their is a bowling alley with a good restaurant, a comedy club, a movie theater with a restaurant and recently the Chicago Outlets opened up. All are within easy walking distance of the Embassy Suites. In addition right down the block are high-end restaurants.

In the end it's the staff that makes this hotel work smoothly and a pleasant place to stay. There are many choices of hotels in the area but we've never seriously looked at other hotels. The suite and staff make it worth staying week after week.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Madison, West Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Anytime people travel, they experience a variety of inconveniences. However, the staff at the Embassy Suites Rosemont, are just phenomenal at minimizing the effects of those inconveniences. They are friendly, efficient, extremely helpful and seem to be empowered to go well beyond their responsibilities to make sure guests are comfortable. They treat each guest like they are the only guest at the hotel. The hotel is surprisingly quiet considering where it is located. The rooms could use some updating and general maintenance, but they were clean and comfortable. Kudos to housekeeping for such a clean place and to the front desk staff who really go out of their way to help you out.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor, the open atrium can be a little loud at happy hour and breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Needs updated decorating, but all staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was very good as well as the waiter. As these business conference hotels go, this was better than most. The area does not have much to do since is an airport location.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My Second week here at the Doubletree I meet my company's Sales Account Manger Amy and some of the other sales staff Danielle and Cara Marie. Any issue, question, or critique I have had during my repeated stays has been met with above qulaity customer service. I thought that the old addage that, "The customer is always right!", no longer existed. These three have proven me worng. They take everything I share to heart and even if I am not upset, they go as far as to be be upset for me and make it right. Ihave come to lower my expectations as a traveler but here I do not have to becasue theteams at the Embassy Suites and Doubletree at O'Hare airport dont just want to meet a guest's expectations but exceed them! I have 10 other hotel choices but I call these hotels my home!

Room Tip: Always let the staff know how much you appreciate them and be honest about how your stay has gone...
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I understand we all have bad days. It seemed as though during my stay almost everyone we encountered was having a bad day. If we had a question, it seemed a chore to answer. My friend had sent a form in advance so that we would not have to provide a credit card at check in and we could all divide up the funds when we arrived. One of the girls was still asked for a credit card which tied up some of her money for the whole weekend.

The rooms were so hot! The hotel was actually really hot. I live in Charleston, SC and that's saying a lot for me to complain about the hot! There was an issue with the AC and no matter where you went in the hotel you were burning up. It was a girls weekend where we all just wanted to hang out together. That isn't so fun when you are all sweating for no reason. We inquired about the heat and they gave us some lame excuse about it being hot outside! Obviously it's hot outside; it's summer. That is what AC is for.

We booked the hotel because when calling around, they claimed to have an area shuttle. When we asked at the front desk, they told it is was against Hilton policy to have a shuttle anywhere but to the airport. This was a down right lie! I have stayed at numerous Hilton properties and every single airport hotel I have ever stayed at has taken me within a 5 mile radius; The Embassy Boston, The Embassy Seattle and the Embassy here at the Charleston airport just to name a few. We pointed out the directory even said something about local venues. The staff member we approached said that must have been from a directory from a different hotel. I am sorry but I don't carry around hotel directories from other hotels.

My friend has been exchanging emails from the "Guest Service Manger" named Mark. He has been nothing but sarcastic and just plain rude. There was also a major billing issue and we were down right called liars from the manager. We are all professional women in our 30's with advanced degrees and professional jobs. We travel a lot together and have a system in place to so the charges are divided up equally. One credit card was overcharged 100.00 for the parking fee which we paid in cash along with the room charges. Somehow 100.00 is missing and it's on us. That is simply inexcusable and a fraud case has been opened up with Capital One against the hotel .

The hotel it's self is nicely appointed. The staff however could slap on a smile and pretend to like their job. Their management team could also use some lessons on dealing with customer needs. "What would you like me to do about the situation?" with no apology is not the way to handle a guest complaint.

I would not stay here again. If you do stay, make sure your bill is correct. Don't rely on the bill slipped under your door. Make sure to get one from the front desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank KimmyKay1031

Travelers are raving about these Rosemont hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

As a road warrior I have come to appreciate the little things that make a long stay a comfortable experience. The staff at all levels from shuttle driver, the front door, front desk, housekeeping, breakfast bar, manager's reception, restaurant/bar, sales office and management are always attentive to the needs of the guests. But what makes it personal is the super friendly manner in which guest are treated. My stay at the Embassy Suites O'Hare Rosemont is second only to being at home and frankly sometimes even better! Thank you Maria, Aurora, Hilda, Jason, Jennifer, Ana, Ruby, Rafa, Gustavo, Emma, Sal, Ninfa, Amy, Obed, & so many people to list that make my stay a pleasant experience. If you value customer service this is the place to stay - second to none!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter and sunny. Seventh floor is a good mix of quite and climate control.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My first stay here at Embassy in Rosemont was GREAT!!!! Checking in was really quick Jason has a very friendly attitude and a great since of humor, The breakfast team was really nice, I also met a few others that I Immediately recognized they had big smiles on their faces and really seemed to be enjoying their work, Shenika and Jeovanny couldn't walk past without them greeting me with great big smiles on my way out I love the courteous service I received here and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will most definitely be back.