“Unfortunately being neglected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
undisclosed
“Unfortunately being neglected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just spent 4 days at the Embassy Suites and other than the very obvious lack of maintenance of the entire facility, it was a nice stay. The room was clean but the paint on the ceiling was peeling. The breakfast buffet was good but you ate it looking at dirty, peeling paint. The gym was small but almost adequate but some of the machines didn't work. The staff was friendly and helpful, but they're not responsible for the old, metal, rickety stairs in the stairwells with dirty unpainted any time recently walls. I bet this was a very nice facility about 10 years ago. I expect more from a member of the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor - the lower floors appeared to be much busier hence noisier.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pgould66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several years ago, it was very nice then. Had a quick trip last night and needed a last minute hotel. I was excited this hotel had an open room as I had remembered it being a nice place. WAS NICE is the optional phrase here.
Checked into my room only to find air conditioning was not working in my room (10:30pm) called desk they would have someone up ASAP. Called front desk again (1am) when they still hadn't been up. They told me they could switch me (at 1am) to a king bed room-have I failed to mention I was traveling with 4 children?
Was told they were sorry but no one was coming and if I didn't want a king room I was SOL.
Slept terribly in a 98 degree room with 100% humidity after a shower with no exhaust fan on the 8th floor.
I woke up to the breakfast which was nice for a hotel breakfast but no place to sit. There were about 6 open tables but no one had bothered to clean them. I had to find someone to clean it off with full plates of food (as I was holding not only my own but my girls' plates as well).
They need the hotel impossible guy to help them. Sad to see such a nice place look so dated and unkept.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Tstefani
ESGM11767, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself.

Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.

Obed Morales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am writing this review while staying at Embassy Suites which is the host hotel for a conference. This is the second night of my stay. There is a steady leak in the ceiling which I called about 3 times with the promise that an engineer would respond. That has yet to happen. The only response is from housekeeping who put a trash can under the leak. The toilet won't flush. again...no response. The entire elevator system broke down. I am on the 8th floor.There was no support for the elderly group of quilters that were staying on the upper floors, many of whom were on canes or in wheel chairs. I understand things happen and stuff breaks. However, I do not understand the complete unresponsiveness, nonexistent contingency plans and lack of critical thinking skills from frontline service or management. I will never stay here again. If another conference is hosted I would stay at a different hotel and forfeit the onference rate. No discount is worth this.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank godiva430
ESGM11767, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you had a disappointing experience regarding some maintenance issues in you room. I am sorry that there was a leak in the ceiling and that the toilet in your room was not working properly. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance crew. In addition, I sincerely apologize if our staff did not welcome you in a positive way. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience the great customer service they deserve and I very much regret that we were not able to provide this for you.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Obed Morales
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Better than previous visits. Some rooms remodeled. Now, non smoking except mere feet outside the front door. The breakfast is good but the happy hour has really gone cheap! Go down street to the mall area with many great restaurants. Stay in the city if you can. Hotel across street is much nicer, part of brand, forget which one. Better but still mediocre stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for your recent comments. As a whole I am glad your seeing our improvements. We are doing some renovations in the later part of this year in the atrium. Hope to see you again, Obed
Littleton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The location of the hotel is very convenient, but the facility is a bit dated. My rating was actually between Very good and Good. For the money it is a good buy, but parking is a bit expensive and so was the internet. The breakfast is very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Robert D
Thanks for your recent reveiw on Trip Advisor. I did notice your comments about parking, but we do sell packages with parking and internet included. See you again soon, Obed
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is extremely clean - it even smells fresh. The bed and pillows were a welcome surprise as they were very comfortable and I had the best night's sleep in a hotel in a very long time. The HVAC worked wonderfully and there was no humidty created by the A/C. I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank bizy05mom
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with the hotel. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness of the guest rooms.

Sincerely, Obed
Madison, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very solid value for your money; located one stop from the airport and about a 45 min train ride from the city centre. You can pay half to a third what you would for the same quality closer in to the city. Great pool, an actual breakfast (not those cereal and eggs things you find sometimes), and 2 hour managers reception if your in the need of free drinks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor. Access to the city via the train is a prime selling feature for our weekend and weekeday guests. Hope to see you again very soon, Obed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
#13 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 stars 733 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont? Share your experiences!