“Embassy Suites Rosemont Chicago - More bad than good”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
“Embassy Suites Rosemont Chicago - More bad than good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Pros - Saved us money only because it's cheaper than the hotels downtown. The guy cooking the omelets in the morning was outstanding. The pool was good enough for the kids. Hotel for the most park was clean enough.
Cons - Staff not always friendly…very mixed bag. The person making the drinks at the happy hour seemed over whelmed and not always friendly...you'll see what I mean....but people overlooked this because drinks are free. When you walk into the restaurant you may find no one there to greet you but will be close by having a conversation usually by the bar….you feel like you’re interrupting them by being there…strange…so we walked out. I didn’t care for the restaurant, or bar. Room service is quick if you order something, but it’s expensive and they include a high gratuity. If you call room service to just get silverware…good luck. Linens had stains. Plugs were broken. Air conditioner in room was very loud when it kicked on. No luggage carts when loading and off loading…I asked for a luggae cart and the guy took me to a room where he keeps them locked up…think he wants to make sure he handles all of the luggage…more opportunity for tips(my opinion)...same luggae guy every day we were there.
I didn't bring my complaints to anyones attention because I won't stay there again. Maybe it was just a bad week for them...who's knows...chance you take.

Room Tip: If you are not planning to go in and out of the garage use 'general parking'…same garage use...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rjstone
ESDTMGR, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. It is only through feedback like yours that we can address, correct and ensure all of our guests’ satisfaction. While we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay, I am sorry to hear from your review that you with disappointed with your recent stay. We do realize that you have a choice in where you stay and assure you that your feedback will be internally discussed to improve our offerings and services.

Thank you again for sharing your comments, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Obed Morales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Memphis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Bar prices are steep. Restaurant kitchen closed before it's posted closing time. Staff were were great. Hotel is extremely dated. Close to a really cool entertainment district across the parking lot. 10min from airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Easily the worst hotel experience of my life. Person answering the phone was rude with no provocation when we asked whether it would be possible to switch from a room with two double beds to one king or queen. We then discovered that the only tank lid in the bathroom was sitting on the counter, and for good reason--it would not fit on the toilet. The toilet also had no flush handle; when I reached inside the tank to open the flush valve (because one of us had already used the toilet), the float ball came loose and the toilet began running. Needless to say we asked for another room, and I endured a brief lecture for having deigned to open the flush valve on a toilet with no handle. In our new room, the toilet seat actually *would not* stay up, and there was some water damage on the ceiling. I could go on, but briefly: there is nothing about this hotel that is not *the worst*. I can honestly say that I would far rather have been in a Motel 6.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I am so sorry that the toilet in your room was not working properly. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance staff. However, I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you with the attentive and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Obed Morales

Travelers are raving about these Rosemont hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great location for our stay in the Chicago Area. It's not downtown but neither are the prices. We Chicago every three months or so and have stayed here many times. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and well maintained. The hotel overall, is well maintained. The complementary breakfast and evening reception is a plus. As a side note, the female bartender in the lounge during the afternoon is very nice, helpful and welcoming. We will stay here again for our next Chicago visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESDTMGR, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Even though we aren't downtown I am happy to see that you notice our value. The complimentary drinks and breakfast is something we pride ourselves on, so I am glad you enjoyed. We will see you again very soon.

Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a package "sleep-park-fly," quite a pricey one. The building is long and with elevators at one end only, a long walk from my room. This is the first hotel I've stayed in where the breakfast ends at 9 AM. And it does end at 9 sharp! I dialed for an automatic wake-up call as directed by the hotel and did not receive any. Fortunately, I backed it up with my alarm clock. The only good thing about parking is that it is covered. They gave me a ticket to exit the parking upon arrival, and - surprise! - it did not work. The parking is shared with the Hilton next door, and Embassy guests are second rate. When inside the garage, you can't understand where you can park and where you can't. In fact, this is the first place where nobody asked what kind of car I drove. The garage is deserted and a bit scary, no personnel whatsoever. Apparently, they have parking spots for disabled, but they are impossible to find. As far as the shuttle is concerned, it depends too much on traffic. There are better and cheaper places to sleep and fly around O'Hare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator if you don't want to walk too far.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our some aspects of our hotel. I am so sorry that you did not receive a wake-up call as you requested. I can assure you that this is very rare to happen; however, I can very much empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Please be assured that the feedback you provided in your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

San Carlos, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We pick up Memorial Day weekend as our high school reunion's day which is the 55th year after we met each other from we were 12 years old. And celebrate our teacher's 85th birthday at same time. We have good enough place at Embassy Suites and good enough complimentary reception and breakfast makes our reunion even unforgettable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I needed a place to stay overnight because our flight was delayed therefore made us miss our connection flights leading us to spend the night in Chicago.

Embassy Suites- Chicago O'Hare Rosemont is a FANTASTIC stay if you need a quick book at an above average, clean, modern hotel. We did receive a discount because of our delayed and missed flights, but without that I'm sure the price would be well appreciated with all that this hotel has to offer!

The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is that, in a walking distance, all the restaurants around here offer food for expensive prices! We just ate here at the hotel, and it was good with great service, but they didn't offer anything else, food-wise, besides for their fine dining restaurant and complimentary breakfast. I literally paid $27 for one entree, maybe it's just me but where I come from that's a hell of a lot! It was really all we could resort to in our situation, I just wish we had more options nearby.

That's not a big deal-- but I just wanted that conflict to be known just in case anyone wanted to know more in depth about things here.

Besides that, FANTASTIC, like I said.

• Stayed May 2013