“Bait and Switch with a good ending”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Miami, Florida
“Bait and Switch with a good ending”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We missed our connecting flight to Asia due to bad rainstorms in Chicago. So we had to overnight and the rooms closest to O'Hare were already booked. But i took a chance and called Embassy Suites Rosemont from an airport kiosk and was told there was a cancellation and could give us a room at $189.
We took the hotel shuttle, checked-in, had cocktails and dinner, etc. Rooms and common areas were quite nice. Restaurant food was better than expected. However when we received the bill under our door the next morning, the rate was $259! I called downstairs and was told that $189 was impossible as $259 was the rate quoted yesterday. We were so angry about missing our flight and anxious just to get to the airport early to get on our revised flight that i had no time to argue but DID voice my displeasure. When i arraive in Hong Kong, I received a "survey" about my stay and I voiced my displeasure. Within a few hours, the hotel management emailed me a revised bill with a credit.
In this day and age, I thought that was admirable! I will certainly lean towards booking Hiltons going forward!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
Green Bay, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The quality of service at the front desk and cleaning crew is always quite satisfactory. However, the mattress in my suite during this visit was very soft, lacking any support. I woke with a sore back each morning of my stay. Additionally, the walls in the suite are poorly insulted from sound. The guest in the suite next time mine liked to shower/bathe late at night and the noise of the water running through the pipes within the walls was quite noticeable and awoke me from my sleep each night of my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Wichita, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food at this hotel is exceptionally good, and I was very happy to know that a complimentary breakfast was included with my stay. My only complaint, the hotel staff was not very accomodating to nursing mothers attending business within their conference area. Pointing nursing mothers to a public bathroom with electric outlets out in the open as a place to pump is not acceptable!

Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Due to the weather altering a few flights recently, I was stranded at O'Hare when I missed my international flight. I used the shuttle service to go to the hotel late at night. The service was prompt and professional. The check in went very smoothly and the staff at the desk was very helpful. The next morning I had the breakfast in the atrium and was very happy with the choices and quality of the food offered. Due to my flight schedule I had requested an extended check out with no problems. This was an unplanned but truly delightful experience at this hotel. If ever I'm in the area overnight again, I would stay there without question. Great service, facilities and value.

New Jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great staff. Clean rooms. Excellent breakfast. Awesome happy hour. Convenient location.

I was there for a few days attended an event at the Rosemont Theater.

Couldn't have made a better choice.

Enjoy!

Sykesville, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

What's not to like? If you're traveling for business to the Chicago area and want to stay very close to the O'Hare airport, then the Embassy Suites in Rosemont is a great option. It's within walking distance of the Akoo theater and directly across the street from the convention center plus, they serve free breakfast!

Aberdeen
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you are familiar with Embassy Suites, then you will not be disappointed with this location. The rooms were typically spacious, but also updated and very clean. The hotel itself is very modern, clean with a very friendly staff. The breakfast is a typical Embassy suite full breakfast service, which was done very well. The only drawback is the location. It is very close to the airport, but the freeway on & off ramps requires some planning. But once we figured out which ramps to take, the trip into town was typical Chicago traffic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple