“Excellent hotel that served our needs.”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We had a very early flight and didn't want to hassle with a long drive at an early hour, so we booked the westin. Checkin was fast. Since we knew what time we were leaving in the morning, they booked us a free 4:30 shuttle at check-in. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable-although the tub area looked like it could use some maintenance work-but nothing major. The beds was phenomenal as usual for a Westin. In the morning, checkout was a breeze, the shuttle was on-time and got us to Terminal 1 in about 8 minutes.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

Nice big tasty entrance. 1st impressions were good as the doorman was helpful..he got a trolley for all the gear off my motorbike and offered to help. The check in girls were really friendly, smiling and helpful and offered an early check in. So...the good vibe continues! My room was large and perfectly clean as was the bathroom. One gripe...the tiles could do with a real scrub or else re-grout them. The TV could do with a programme list as it was agonisingly slow to have to trawl and seek. The bed was comfy, big and so I slept well.Now what was this?? A charge of ...wait for it!...$13 per day for using the internet. Wow!....in 2010 can the internet really be seen as an extra/a luxury?? Guys, I had internet in Mom and Pop motels that cost $40 a night! And a further wow! What again was this......do my eyes deceive, did I see $21 for breakfast??? Look I know business is business and we were in a limbo a veritable desert of cafes and restaurants. But these are the things that rattle people and stick in the throat. Sure, make your profit but do keep it fair and reasonable. All the staff I had contact with were friendly and smiling and helpful. The cafe lady was very nice, and Lisa from sales also had the time to chat and see everything was OK.
I was near the CTA line to the centre of Chicago (45 minutes/$2.25) and so it wasn't a nightmare to commute. For an overnight at the airport this is a good hotel, well run but with some issues that need addressing. However if in the area, I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2010

For the past 3 years, my wife and I have stayed at the Westin Ohare during three separate trips. We use it as a "Park and Fly" to get the free parking and free shuttle to and from Ohare airport. We stay there the night before our actual vacation so we dont have to get up extremely early and drive a couple hours in order to catch our flight.

Each time we stayed at the Westin was exactly the same. The checkin is easy, the hotel itself is updated and gives the "fancy" feeling. It smells wonderful, and the beds are amazing as always. The staff was very friendly and was willing to share the secrets of the locals in terms of food establishments. The first time we stayed at the Westin, we went to the restaurant on site there. The food was marginal and it cost a pretty penny. Since then, we stay away from the hotel in terms of food and beverage. If you are one who likes to use the mini bar and room service, expect to pay a lot of money. Otherwise, go to the grocery store a few minutes drive away and get things for cheaper there. My only recommendation for the hotel is that they should provide maps of the area which highlight the attractions and goings-on in the area. Aside from that, it is always a pleasure staying at the Westin Ohare. I definitely recommend it!!

Reviewed August 7, 2010

I just returned from a recent business trip to Chicago that required an overnight stay. I decided on the Westin O'Hare based on "brand name" and did not read any reviews. Anyways, as others have mentioned, the parking is $25 (self-park) which is just outrageous IMO. The gates were broken and when I informed the front desk clerk, she said "don't worry about it" which I took to mean, no fee! Surprise surprise, she charged my credit card anyways! When I asked the staff the following morning, I was told that the gates were now fixed and that it was too bad. Nice lie, I went out and checked the gates and they were still up.

Now, the really bad thing about all of this is I think I may have stayed in a bed with bed bugs. The morning I left, I developed some rashes on my arm that were red welts. I went to the doctor, who suggested they might be bed bug bites. I have NEVER had these prior to staying at the Westin. Now I am afraid that I may have brought these home with me, which of course will cost a pretty penny if/when it comes to getting a professional exterminator to come in and possibly throw away a large amount of furniture.

In short, I will NEVER stay at the Westin O'Hare again. And I will NEVER recommend it to anyone, even my worst enemy. There are plenty of other options in the area, just look around.

PS I stayed on the 10th floor. Can't recall exact room number, but it is to the right side of the hallway off the elevator.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank bitten2010
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Housekeeping and banquet staff were excellent. Ate three banquet lunches and they were uniformly excellent - a pleasant surprise from normal catered lunches. Reservations and front counter personnel were helpful and service oriented. .

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We recently stayed at the Westin & had a wonderful experience.This is a first class hotel with luxurious rooms at a competitive price.The beds were extremely comfortable with exquisite linens.But the service outdid everything.Phil the guest services captain went out of his way to give us directions to all the places we needed to go to and always with a smile.I don't understand why The Westin isn't rated #1.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Everything you expect from a Westin hotel and more. Staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs. Laura T at the cafe in the lobby was awesome!! She went above and beyond to ensure that I received exactly what I needed and was satisfied. What a pleasant surprise in a busy airport hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business