The Westin O'Hare
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$179
SpringHill Suites
Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare(Rosemont)(Great Value!)
$255
$164
$149
Travelocity
1,226 results
All reviewsbenchmark restaurantheavenly bedclose to the airporto'hare airportcomfortable hoteldowntown chicagobusiness centerfree shuttleo hareself parkingguest roomsbusiness meetingper daygift shopshuttle servicefitness centerblue line
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed at this property for business meetings for several years. The most recent (may 2,2014) was my first with bad experieces. The toilet seat of my room was not adequately cleaned (there was visible waste on it) - it was very disgusting. Also on this trip: the shuttle service from O'hare was not running on a 15 min schedule. I waited nearly 30 minutes only to have 2 buses arrive with 5 min of each other (the first sat idling at the airport and only left after the other shuttle arrived.)

Otherwise I have always been happy with the location, service and other aspects of my stays.

Room Tip: Ask to not be in a room facing the airport
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

I thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
I have read all your detailed and helpful feedback and regret that this time your stay with us was less than perfect.
There is no excuse for a guestroom/bathroom that has not been thoroughly cleaned.
I truly regret that this is what you walked into. It is unacceptable and most definitely not the normal Westin way. I am looking into this with our housekeeping managers.
I ask that you please reach out to me so I can make things right.
We appreciate your loyalty and want you to continue staying with us.
I personally can be reached at susan.tomaselli@westin.com.
I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

This stay was a one night layover en route to Europe.

The lobby is now redone and is absolutely stunning. Check-in took one minute and I was given a newly refurbished room. Modern/contemporary design with the traditional heavenly bed.

While you see the planes flying low to land you don't hear any outside noise.

Restaurant looked modern and new. Menu modern take on traditional American classics. Did not dine, but went to Ram Sports Bar five minute walk from hotel.

Platinum upgrade but there's no club lounge. Shuttle was curbside upon arrival at airport.
All-in-all...highly recommended ( but there could be floors/rooms that are not remodeled ). Strong wifi and friendly service all around.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

I am so glad that you stayed with us and truly enjoyed our beautiful property.
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a gracious review. It means the world to us!
I will be sure to pass along all the kind words about our staff.
Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while attending a business meeting in the same hotel. They are convenient tot he airport with a free shuttle that runs promptly every 15 minutes (note that the pick up area at O'Hare is confusing to find and a bit of a walk (and wet if it is raining)- but that affects all hotels). Check in and out was swift. They upgraded me to a suite because of my loyalty status. It was a nice room. The rooms (hotel, lobby etc.) are updated with new furniture. I had an issue with the A/C (not cold enough) and Service Express sent 2 repair people right away and they fixed the problem immediately - and were very friendly. They even showed me how to check the actual temperature on the thermostat for future. In addition, the A/C is the kind that makes noise - but it was constant and not an issue. If there was any outside noise (cars, planes) I heard nothing. We had dinner one night at a nearby pub/restuarant called Ram. We could walk there which is nice since many airport hotels are in the middle of expressways and not near anything. I did not use the gym (I had every intention too!) but it looked nice. We had catered food at our meeting and it was really quite good - surprising for banquet issue. Had drinks in the bar one night and the service was excellent. I would stay here again if in need of a hotel near O'Hare.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for writing such an informative honest review regarding your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare.
We strive to ensure every guest has a rejuvenating, memorable stay in our beautiful newly renovated property.
We appreciate all the kind words as well as your loyalty.
Thank you again for your time and we cannot wait for your return!
Be Well,

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The hotel itself was very nice and clean. The room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable. They have a Starbucks in the hotel which was good for easy snacking and many restaurants nearby. Close to the airport with a shuttle which was convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for giving the Westin O'Hare so many stars!
I am thrilled that your stay was a true Westin experiience.
I appreciate all the kind words about our beautifully renovated property.
We appreciate your honesty and loyalty.
Our wish.... Is for you to quickly return.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

On business,arriving on Sunday, not keen on giving up my weekend family time, however the staff and accomodations at the Westin made it very tolerable! In other words, the warm greeting from the front desk to the bar/resturant, I was treated as if I was a weekly vistor, part of the family.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review!
I am so happy that you had such a perfect stay.
We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review.
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your speedy return.
Please know that your loyalty is greatly appreciated by us.
Have a great day.