“Nice hotel”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed April 13, 2014

They are revamping the front entry and drive, so for now, you enter on the side and walk to the front desk. It's a nice modern lobby with water feature and a Starbucks, if you're into such. The carpet is thick and nice on the feet, but difficult to pull bags across. It'll be better once the main entry is open again.

Staff is great and efficient. Roomy rooms with large bathroom and nice shower with decent water flow.

There is a McDs next door, but better yet, just beyond that is a Giordano's Pizza if you like that traditional thick crust pizza done Chicago style. They have free shuttles to ORD that run every 15 minutes.

Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Not had a bad room. Rooms on the front side overlook the main road and the hotel across the street...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Susan T, Public Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

We really appreciate all your kind words in the review you wrote regarding your recent stay.
I am happy to announce that our renovations are totally completed.
Our lobby, restaurant.bar, brand new Starbucks and new meeting space is awesome!
I welcome you back very soon so you may experience our beautiful property.
Thank you very much for your loyalty to Starwood.
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation. However, the staff was excelelnt at navigating through this. All of the staff that I encountered were very friendly and professional. The rooms were very nice as well. They were also relatively spacious. I look forward to another visit to this nice hotel in the near future!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you for the very kind 5 star review.
It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback. I am thrilled that you received a true Westin experience.
I hope you got a chance to visit our beautiful new restaurant and pub.
Thank you for your loyalty and we cant wait for your return.
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here for a quick night before heading to the airport. The remodeling was a little distracting but overall it was a decent stay. The room was clean and the front desk staff was friendly. However, the people at the door were not helpful. We were heading to go skiing so we had a number of bags, plus skis. And no one offered to help us with our bags. That was unfortunate. The shuttle service in the morning was prompt and on time. However on the way back, we waited for over 40 minutes. The stay was okay, but nothing over the top.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Westin O'Hare.
Your feedback is very important to us. We use as a tool to ensure every guest has a true Westin
experience.
I apologize if our renovation was intrusive. I am happy to say that we are near completion of all the renovation. Our brand new restaurant and pub are outstanding. We also have completed our full service Starbucks. I do hope you return to enjoy our fabulous amenities we now offer.
I apologize if the service at our front door was less than perfect. I will be taking a much closer look into this. I apologize for any inconvenience.
I thank you for your loyalty and time. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had a mini family getaway for 1 night on April 6th 2014 at The Westin O'Hare. The building was still under construction but the room was very clean and the staff was pleasant. The associate Nadine was very helpful and kind. The $25 parking fee was waived and one on demand was free. I usually go to Hilton or Hyatt and never stayed at a Westin hotel before but it was an unexpected surprise! I will definitely come back and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

It is always such a delight when we surprise our guests! Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review!!
It makes me very happy when we deliver a true Westin experience!!
Thank you for the honest feedback about our property and amenities.
The kind words about Nadine could not be more true. She is a shining star and we are very lucky to have her on our team. Actually all of our team members are fantastic.
I cant thank you enough for your time and we look forward to your return.
Have a beautiful day.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to an overseas vacation. While the remodeling is still in progress, should be finished shortly,it will be our go to place when heading to ohare. Benchmark bar is top notch, rooms are comfy and well appointed. Shuttle service is timely. Over all very pleased

• Stayed: March 2014
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We truly are grateful for the five star review!!
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next stay.
Thank you for the kind words as well as your loyalty to Starwood.
If you should require any assistance with future reservations. Please reach out to us.
Have a terrific day!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Excellent overnight stay at the Westin at O'Hare. The room was outstanding. The bed was a standard Westin, which means perfect to me. The bath and shower were great, as usual. The room was EXTREMELY quiet. Breakfast buffet was included, and they start at 6am which was helpful to us as we needed an early start. We also enjoyed drinks and dinner in their very comfortable bar. Yes, they were renovating, but it didn't impact our stay at all. The service was very friendly and helpful. Parking was at a reduced rate too. So, overall, I recommend this hotel highly and we will return if we need to stay near O'Hare.

Room Tip: I would recommend a higher floor and one away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful four star review.
We really appreciate all the kind words about our property. I was thrilled to have read that the renovation was not intrusive to your stay. We are in the very final stages with our completion.
Again, thank you so much for your time and we really look forward to your return.
Have a great day!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

What a great hotel, friendly helpful staff, excellent shuttle service. Hotel is going through a little re-model but it was not a problem. Very comforatable beds and a quiet room. Can't beat it. The location is very convienent.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review!! I was thrilled to have read that your stay was so pleasant. We greatly appreciate your patience during our renovation. We are coming to the end and could not be happier with the beautiful results.
Again, thank you for your very honest review. I am so grateful you had a true Westin experieince.
We appreciate your loyalty and cant wait for your return.
Have a great day!