“Westin means wonderful!”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I expect Westin properties to provide a high level of service, clean and well appointed rooms, also extras. This is true at the O'Hare location. During the renovation, a change in restaurant location did not lower the food quality or service, nor did I find the noise disturbing ( I'm a light sleeper). I was thrilled with the renovations in both common areas and rooms. Staff are helpful and knowledgeable of area. This hotel lives up to the reputation of "Westin"

Room Tip: I prefer to be at the end of the hall on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank You !!!!! I really appreciate the wonderful review that you wrote regarding your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare. Obviously, you were here during our renovation period and you still had such positive feedback. I was very happy to see that your stay was so rejuvenating.
We appreciate all the kind words as well as your loyalty to Starwood properties.
We cant wait for your return after our renovation is complete!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My advice is not to book this hotel for the time being. It is under construction and I don't know when it will be completed. Although the rooms are standard for Westin and nice; a lot of them have been remodeled, it's not worth the stay. Access to rooms is timely. Construction during daytime hours. Limited restaurant menu. Food just so-so. Unless you are having a meeting there. Book somewhere else.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare.
We strive to ensure every guest has a true Westin experience.
I truly thank you for the feedback regarding your stay.
I see we could have done things better. I truly apologize that you were disappointed in the property . Renovation does put some challenges on our plate, but the end result will be fabulous. We truly appreciate you understanding.
I will pass along your feedback to our team. It is truly very helpful.
Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at the Weston before leaving for a trip to Florida. Check-in was very quick and room was absolutely beautiful. The hotel was very quiet and I was able to get some great sleep. Parking for up to 10 days was part of my room package. I had to be at the airport at 2:30 AM and was given a wake-up call by an actual person and the shuttle was waiting for me at the door. When I returned from my trip at 4:20 AM, I called the shuttle and it was there withing minutes to take me back to my car which I had left at the Weston in a secure parking area. Very convenient and the courtesy by all employees including my visit it the hotel gift shop/convenience store was appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

It was wonderful to have read such a rewarding review.
I thank you for taking the time to write one.
I was so pleased that you had such a rejuvenating stay at the Westin O'Hare.
Thank you for all the kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them along.
We really appreciate your loyalty and look forward to a speedy return.
Thanks so much.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Sometimes the word "awesome" is used all over the place, but this awesome means something different. This Hotel is awesome in every way. The Elevators are fast and get you where you need to go fast, and the rooms are beautiful. The view from the room I stayed in had a nice view of the CTA Station "I like trains" and Downtown. I would recommend this.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if possible. All rooms are quiet. If you need WIFI- Go to McDonalds.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MidwestANDBeyond
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such an "awesome" review.
We really appreciate all your kind words about your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare.
It means alot to us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return.
Thank you!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed there with my wife and a 4 year old while on our way to Puerto Rico. Rooms was clean, didn't seem outdated and didn't have any visible signs of mold or wear and tear.

Didn't eat at the hotel but the front desk staff was helpful in getting us menus for local pizza delivery and such.

Only used the pool and a hot tab from their facilities and all appeared to be clean and proper.

Overall, I think it was a good deal for the money (we paid about $85 or so).

The only staff member we interacted with at front desk was very friendly, room was clean, quiet and eerything appeared to be in order.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from elevator and got one in the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Susan T, Public Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for the really kind review.
I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with exceptional service and that you were delighted with your stay.
We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and we cant wait for you to return after our lobby renovation is completed.
Thank you.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Unable to provide adequate service. Room service is a joke. All the employees have their hand out. Appear to just be going through the motions. Very little eye contact with employees. Difficult to understand the parking situation.

Room Tip: Hallways are dark and dingy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

We really appreciate all the feedback so we can see where there may be room for improvement. I was truly saddened to hear that you had such a disappointing stay.
We do have a very highly trained professional staff that is here to ensure that your stay is refreshing and rejuvenationg.
I am sorry you departed not feeling that way. I will be looking into your experience.
We truly appreciate your patience during this time.
We are working very fast and furious so that we may provide our guests a beautiful brand new front lobby and restaurant.
I can assure that once our renovations are completed we will be more spectacular than ever.
We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us another chance to prove to you just how special we are.
Please reach out to me if I may assist you.
Thank you.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Westin in Rosemont is an average Westin. It has not been upgraded like many of the other ones. There is also no club floor which is disappointing. It is an average hotel though and a good one for the area. The rooms are ok, the beds are quite big as are the bathrooms and there are good toiletries provided. The check in process has always been efficient.
Have had the buffet breakfast and I did enjoy it.
Have tried some of the restaurants in the area and they are ok too. Especially Carlucci which is right across the way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.
We appreciate your loyalty as well as all your kind words about our property.
I wanted to let you know that we are currently undergoing the final stages of our $25 million dollar renovation. It includes full service Starbucks, new restaurant and pub along with new meeting space and a brand new front desk.
We are all very excited and cant wait for completion.
I thank you again for your time and we look forward to your speedy return.