The Westin O'Hare
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$105
$97
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare(Rosemont)(Great Value!)
$149
$169
$149
Travelocity
1,219 results
All reviewsbenchmark restaurantheavenly bedclose to the airporto'hare airportcomfortable hoteldowntown chicagobusiness centerfree shuttleo hareself parkingguest roomsbusiness meetingper daygift shopshuttle servicefitness centerblue line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed 3 nights to attend company meetings. Requested king room, high floor, away from elevator. Was told not available and got a double room, on the 3rd floor were there are meeting rooms very close to elevator. They don't leave enough condiments in the room to go with the amount if coffee they leave. I went to the front desk the 2nd night to request, and she said she would have some brought up. Never happened. I went to make coffee the next morning and they never refilled the sugar. Went to take a shower and they didn't replace the towels. For the price per night and being a Westin I expected much more in the way of service.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank NabrLady
Pete D, General Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you Nabrlady for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Westin O'Hare. I am pleased that your overall experience was fine, however as a 4 Diamond property we pride ourselves on creating exceptional experiences so that you feel better when you depart than when you arrived. I will be following up on your feedback with our team to ensure we are following through on all guest requests and meeting your expectations.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for a convention held at the hotel so the convenience was the primary reason for our stay here. We were turned away twice at check-in because our room wasn't available. This only delayed our room an hour and they offered to remove the parking fee for two nights so that saved us around $50 bucks. When we tried to log onto our laptop we realized there was a $13 a night fee just to use the internet. I feel the internet is as expected in a hotel the same way cable TV is - you assume it would be included as part of your stay. Same with a mini-fridge. I expect to have one in my room as well which there was none. The ice bucket is the smallest I've ever seen so it was hard to keep our food cool that we brought back from the restaurant and from home. For this reason alone I doubt I would stay here again - even if the convention was in the hotel again I would probably seek out a more all-inclusive hotel. Also, if you decline cleaning service during your stay you supposedly receive a $5 voucher or card to use at a participating restaurant which we did not receive. So I asked cleaning and they said check with the desk and then we did that and they said cleaning should have given us that. Then they said they would add it to our points or something like that and when we checked the receipt it wasn't there and that was 2 minutes after the desk offered us that.
Tips: There is a McD's right next to the hotel if you need food quick. The gas station next to McDs is about .25 more a gallon than anywhere else I saw - even the toll road gas stations so buy somewhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a side facing downtown and you might enjoy your stay a bit more.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank greenhorn33

Thank you greenhorn33 for your review of your recent experience at the Westin O'Hare. We appreciate your feedback and you will be happy to know that we are purchasing new refrigerators for all our guestrooms so that our guests can use them to keep food fresh during their visits to the property as it is a comment that we have heard before. Currently they are available upon request. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, but extra charges for things. I was surprised to be charged $25 for parking for my stay. I was even more surprised to be charged for internet...Considering it is 2013 and much less expensive hotels provide both as part of the room cost.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank historygeeks05

Thank you historygeek05 for taking the time to complete a review of your recent experience. We wish that we could offer complimentary parking however due to limited space to park around the airport area all hotels in Rosemont and Chicago have to charge for parking. To answer your comment about internet charge we do offer complimentary wifi in our Lobby and public areas however to be able to supply the appropriate bandwidth to all 500+ guestrooms there is a fee to support the expense. We do our best to maintain the finest quality technology so we hope your service was flawless while you were here! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had to stay 1 night near the O'Hara airport for our flight the next day and found this hotel on a email special for SPG members. I booked a $89.00 rate through the special for a King room with a free upgrade to a king suite. Had free shuttle to airport so I figured why not as everything else was over $100 more a night. Also, all the hotel charge a parking fee in the surrounding area. Once we walked into the lobby we knew we did good. Check-in was great and our room was amazing. Over 470 sq. feet of gorgeous and so much room and the bathroom was huge! Has a huge business center free of charge along with a fitness center and indoor pool. They also have a small spa service area on the 2nd floor. Shuttles runs every 15 minutes to the airport for 24 hours and they ran on time. Rosemont is a great location with lots of dining, beautiful park a block away and a casino within 3 blocks. I will definitely stay here again. Not sure what the regular rooms look like but the free upgrade was great and at that price, I wish we could of stayed longer! Staying close to the airport, we NEVER heard any planes. Was amazed at that. Outside of building looks dated as it has been there a long time but I loved the inside look and ambiance.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade to a king suite and sign up for Starwood programs for email specials.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbjjm211

Thank you so much rbjjm211 for taking the time to complete a survey of your experience. We are delighted that you had a great time and are happy to share some history about the hotel. In the original construction of the hotel the windows were designed with two 5/8 inch glass panes that are soundproof so our guests receive the Heavenly Sleep that they deserve! The windows do open as well so those that enjoy fresh air can get that if they wish. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Westin O'Hare is within walking distance of CTA Rosemont station, so getting into the city is not a big issue. There's nothing special about this hotel, just a normal Westin. Rooms are clean enough, staffs are polite, everything seems just OK. It's not a new property, but I guess I can deal with it. In fact, since I just had stayed at Westin LAX, I thought the Los Angeles hotel was better in every way.

There's no free wifi. I needed a double/double room but got a king room instead. Since I bid the room at Priceline, I guess I should not complain much.

There are so many hotels near O'Hare, and you deserve better choices.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank exzx

Thank you exzx for your review of the Westin O'Hare. We appreicate you taking the time to offer your feedback. We agree the location of the hotel is excellent as its close the Blue Line train as well as all the attractions of Rosemont. Thank you for visiting with us!