“Stuck in Chicago”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Stuck in Chicago”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My two colleagues and I were recently stranded for a couple of extra nights in Chicago due to the snowstorm. David, one of the managers, was extremely helpful in applying the "event rate" that we had negotiated for 20 rooms to the extra nights and Denise, the concierge, did a great job of ensuring that we were well taken care of at a recommended local restaurant. All in all the Westin did a great job of making life a little easier for weary travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are beyond delighted that we were able to provide a stress-free stay to you during a stressful travel experience. I will be sure that both Denise and David are recognized for their superior service and making your stay a memorable one. We truly appreciate your kind words and taking the time out of your day to send such a wonderful review for our hotel. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future, only this time under different travel circumstances where you can enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Westin Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Traveled from Philadelphia for a 3 day work conference held at the Westin O’Hara. Greeted by a friendly van driver through their complimentary airport shuttle service from the Chicago O’Hara airport. Very considerate and helpful to me on how to spend my “free time” while at their hotel. The weather was not 100% during my time there, but, I was able to enjoy the wonderful Culinary delights through their restaurant. Their salmon entrée is mouth watering, wanting me to keep re ordering it and their burgers along with fresh tomato soup I thoroughly enjoyed. The new guest rooms were amazing, great beds/linens, along with other guest room amenities. The new Westin Shower was great! Enjoyed grabbing a coffee each morning in their Lobby Café and greeted each morning with friendly and engaging staff. Their entire team was extremely helpful from check in to check out and especially traveling back to Philadelphia with various weather conditions.

When I travel back to Chicago for “fun time” with my family, this will be a hotel I will proud to return to. They left me with a great lasting impression

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Good Morning!
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write such a kind review about our property. What a delightful and inspiring reciew that I am beyond excited to share with our entire team! We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay here at the hotel from check in, to food and beverage, to a restful and refreshing night sleep. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. It would be a delight to have you back for another wonderful stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future reservation assistance or if you have any questions at all.
Thank you again for your time and your wonderful words and I hope you have a fantastic rest of your day.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was connecting in Chicago and i want it to stay close to the airport . this hotel is great . well located . close to the subway. and really close to the airport. rooms are good size . with big flat screen Tv and all amenities need it for business or pleasure. good quality bed and pillows. bathrooms need to be updated. . free shuttle is offer on site and is convinient. standard service with nice lobby . Nice breakfast buffet with a good selection.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Good Afternoon,
It was such a pleasure reading your wonderful review of our property. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we provided you with a refreshing and relaxing stay during what must have been a very hectic day of traveling. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and expereince the brand new and improved Westin O'Hare. We are currently renovating all of our guest rooms, our meeting spaces and our public areas. It would be a thrill to have you back and hear your feedback again.
Thank you so much for your time and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Be Well.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed at numerous Westin's across the country and this hotel is definitely on par with the quality that is to be expected. The rooms are gorgeous. The property was very clean and the staff was excellent. I had a great night's sleep in the comfortable bed. I've stayed at a few other hotels in the Rosemont area, but this is definitely the one I will return to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review about the property Michael. It is so exciting to see your kind words up here and know that you were willing to take time out of your day to recognize us as a property. We look forwrad to your return in the future. Please contact me if there is anything at all you might need.
I will be sure to share your great review with the team!
Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I selected this hotel because of its proximity O'Hare, and because reviews were excellent and the rates reasonable. i was very disappointed. While reasonably quiet, the room on the 5th floor was downright shabby; housekeeping questionable. Front desk personnel, however, were excellent; the hotel restaurant was above average.

The hotel lobby had a sign indicating that renovation was going on. A colleague was offered an "upgate" for an increase in rate, to stay in one of the "rennovated" rooms on the upper floors. I was not made such an offer. I was, however, offered a $5.00 breakfast coupon if I agreed to forego daily housekeeping!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay with us. I was disheartened to read that you were disappointed with your stay. We are in fact going through a large renovation here at the hotel and are making some wonderful changes! Are you a Starwood Preferred Guest member? If not please feel free to let me know and I would be more than happy to assist you in getting signed up. This program offers great perks within the Starwood brand including upgrades when available at different properties. I was glad to see that you enjoyed our staff as well as the restaurant. I do hope you will stay with us in the future and expereince the brand new hotel that we are very excited to present to our guests. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you or anything I can assist you with.
Thank you again for your time and your honesty and I look forward to hearing from you.
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Conveniently located near the airport with complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport. This is not near down town, so don't stay here if you're planning on spending the bulk of your time in the city. The rooms are very comfortable and the service is excellent. The bar is quiet and the drinks are a little pricey. The restaurant is expensive, but the food is good. There's lots of great restaurants walking distance or a short ride away. My only complaint is the guest room temperature control. I just can't get my room cool enough at night...even in the chilly winter. They say that they don't have AC in the winter. If you like a cool room at night, make plans to ask for a fan or you can open a window in these rooms. The only drawback from an open window is the noise - airport and road noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property during your most recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and there were many aspects of your stay that made for a refreshing and memorable stay. I do apologize about any inconvenience that the temperature of your room may have caused. I have forwarded this comment to our Head of Engineering so he is aware and can look into the situation. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We are making some fantastic changes here at the hotel with our large renovation and it would be wonderful to hear your feedback about our new and improved Westin O'Hare.
Thank you again for your time and honesty.
Be Well
New York
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Here is what I have come to expect from Westin: a moderately high end, or better, hotel with the best smelling soap around. This place has the soap. From the outside the place looks like a 70s era Soviet apartment block. Rooms have the Heavenly Bed and aforementioned soap, but not much else to recommend them. The conference room was done up to resemble a church basement meeting space. Understand there is redecorating under way and the bar restaurant was pleasant with good service. Front desk staff did not work well together. Line up of folks waiting to check out with one person behind the desk performing that service and another standing nearby asking everyone how their stay was, but doing nothing to deal with the back up of those waiting to check out. Even on its best days, it is a mystery how someone could rank this place as excellent. The hotel is not good for the Westin brand.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Keenefleet
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest opinion about the property and your stay. I was disappointed to read that we missed the mark in providing you the truly Westin experience. We take guest feedback very seriously and I have forwarded your comment to the Front Office Manager so he is aware and can make any changes possible. We are well into our renovation project and our guest rooms are looking wonderful! We are moving onto our meeting spaces and will soon be going into the public areas of the hotel. I do hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future and give us another chance to wow you with a truly memorable and Westin worthy expereince. Please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to set up your next reservation with us.
Thank you again for your time and your honesty and I look forward to seeing you in the future.