“Westin OHare” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Santa Ana, California
“Westin OHare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Conveniently located near the airport with complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport. This is not near down town, so don't stay here if you're planning on spending the bulk of your time in the city. The rooms are very comfortable and the service is excellent. The bar is quiet and the drinks are a little pricey. The restaurant is expensive, but the food is good. There's lots of great restaurants walking distance or a short ride away. My only complaint is the guest room temperature control. I just can't get my room cool enough at night...even in the chilly winter. They say that they don't have AC in the winter. If you like a cool room at night, make plans to ask for a fan or you can open a window in these rooms. The only drawback from an open window is the noise - airport and road noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property during your most recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and there were many aspects of your stay that made for a refreshing and memorable stay. I do apologize about any inconvenience that the temperature of your room may have caused. I have forwarded this comment to our Head of Engineering so he is aware and can look into the situation. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We are making some fantastic changes here at the hotel with our large renovation and it would be wonderful to hear your feedback about our new and improved Westin O'Hare.
Thank you again for your time and honesty.
Be Well
Westin Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Here is what I have come to expect from Westin: a moderately high end, or better, hotel with the best smelling soap around. This place has the soap. From the outside the place looks like a 70s era Soviet apartment block. Rooms have the Heavenly Bed and aforementioned soap, but not much else to recommend them. The conference room was done up to resemble a church basement meeting space. Understand there is redecorating under way and the bar restaurant was pleasant with good service. Front desk staff did not work well together. Line up of folks waiting to check out with one person behind the desk performing that service and another standing nearby asking everyone how their stay was, but doing nothing to deal with the back up of those waiting to check out. Even on its best days, it is a mystery how someone could rank this place as excellent. The hotel is not good for the Westin brand.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Keenefleet
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest opinion about the property and your stay. I was disappointed to read that we missed the mark in providing you the truly Westin experience. We take guest feedback very seriously and I have forwarded your comment to the Front Office Manager so he is aware and can make any changes possible. We are well into our renovation project and our guest rooms are looking wonderful! We are moving onto our meeting spaces and will soon be going into the public areas of the hotel. I do hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future and give us another chance to wow you with a truly memorable and Westin worthy expereince. Please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to set up your next reservation with us.
Thank you again for your time and your honesty and I look forward to seeing you in the future.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We frequently stay near Ohare and this hotel is a great choice--especially if you book it on priceline. The beds are excellent, rooms nicely appointed and the staff helpful and friendly. I arrived late and the desk personnel dd everything they could to get everyone into their rooms quickly. We appreciated the noon check out, The free airport shuttle is an added plus, There's
Macdonnels next door if you arrive after the hotel food service closes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your gracious words and feedback about your experience with us at the property. We are beyond thrilled that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish and hope that you left feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. We are very lucky to have such a great team of associates here who take pride in providing a superior level of service to each of our guests and we thank you for acknowledging that. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another memorable stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or if there is anything I can assist you with.
Thank you again for your kind words and be well.
Alyssa.remaly@westin.com
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was here on the last week of December which is when you expect a lot of guests to check in and really tough time for the receptionists - but - I was surprised at the way I was treated by Janice - she was exceptional and very friendly - that itself speaks a lot about the service quality if the hotel- and I started my trip on a good note. The rooms athough a bit old, were very clean and the beds were huge and very comfortable. The gifts shop had enough stuff for buying something for my friend I was visiting. The restaurant inside the hotel had a great menu and their 24-hourAll in all the experience was great and my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I was very excited to read your review about your stay with us in December. I’m so glad that Janice made you feel welcome and provided you with the superior level of service that we take such pride in providing here at the Westin O’Hare. I am delighted that you had a refreshing and memorable stay with us and I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Please know that I will be sure to let Janice know of your kind words and that she is acknowledged for her great service. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and be well.
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel and this is what i found......

+ Nice clean spacious room
+ 3rd floor
+ included king size bed plus business desk and recliner/ottoman
+ bed was very comfortable
+ 6 towels in room
+ ironing board in closet gets in way of hanging clothes - seemed to swing forward
+ double nozzled shower - good stream - not exceptionally hot
+ no dustballs; clean bathroom; some paint chipping on the ceiling
+ business table with built in power outlet was not working; one of the outlets behind the table also not working - i needed to move the whole table to plug my PC in
+ free internet not available in the rooms but available in the lobby....room charge $12/night
+ watch out for the water bottle - one is free the second one is marked $4
+ TV picture was frequently distorted
+ Starbucks coffee packets in the room - for additonal packets call downstairs
+ Door didn't close automatically - constantly required addtional push to close

Room Tip: - my brother also spent the night there thru priceline at 1/2 the rate i paid - ask at the front de...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for such a detailed assessment of your stay with us! This was a great review to read and incredibly valuable to hear everything you expereinced while staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed the room as well as our Heavenly Beds. This is very helpful to us in letting us know where we can improve some aspects of our service to our guests and where we are hitting our mark. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with a reservation or if you have any questions. Thank you again so much for taking time to let us know about your stay we truly appreciate the detail.
Have a wonderful day and be well.
Westin Expereince Manager
alyssa.remaly@westin.com
Stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Usually airport hotels are all about location and the service shows it. This one is different. The people at the Westin O'Hare are terrific. They welcome you, remember you and are so accomodating. I stay there 4-5 times a year and some of the staff hug me each time I visit. Makes business travel just a little bit nicer to be treated with a smile.

Room Tip: Plan to wake up early as you will hear air traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Good Afternoon!
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's very wonderful to hear that you have created a special connetction with members of our staff. It is very important to us that our guests feel welcome and excited to stay with us. I wish you a happy and healthy holiday season and we look forward to seeing you againin 2013.
Thank you again for your time and be well.
Darien, Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and some of my clients. The facilities are nice, modern and clean. The lobby is spacious, clean and inviting.

The room I had was clean, and comfortable. The desk had ample space to work (even with a room service tray). There are no outlets by the beds which makes it a challenge as I use my phone as my alarm clock ( and many of my colleagues do as well). Fortunately there is an iPhone docking radio and I could use that, however I could not charge my BB next to the bed.

Room service was prompt, however a medium steak came well done. (it was still good).

Breakfast at the restaurant was slow. While it is a buffet, it took us numerous times of getting the waiters attention to settle our bill.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good Morning! I was delighted to read your review about your most recent stay with us at the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed not only the convenience of our location but the warmth of the room and cleanliness of the property. I appreciate you telling us about the service you received at the restaurant. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our DIrector of Food and Beverage so he is aware of this. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another relaxing stay.
Thank you again for your honesty and have a wonderful rest of your day.
Westin Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
#5 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 stars 2,174 reviews
Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to The Westin O'Hare? Share your experiences!