“Great Location Close to OHare”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Urbana, Illinois
“Great Location Close to OHare”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We frequently stay near Ohare and this hotel is a great choice--especially if you book it on priceline. The beds are excellent, rooms nicely appointed and the staff helpful and friendly. I arrived late and the desk personnel dd everything they could to get everyone into their rooms quickly. We appreciated the noon check out, The free airport shuttle is an added plus, There's
Macdonnels next door if you arrive after the hotel food service closes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your gracious words and feedback about your experience with us at the property. We are beyond thrilled that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish and hope that you left feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. We are very lucky to have such a great team of associates here who take pride in providing a superior level of service to each of our guests and we thank you for acknowledging that. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another memorable stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or if there is anything I can assist you with.
Thank you again for your kind words and be well.
Alyssa.remaly@westin.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was here on the last week of December which is when you expect a lot of guests to check in and really tough time for the receptionists - but - I was surprised at the way I was treated by Janice - she was exceptional and very friendly - that itself speaks a lot about the service quality if the hotel- and I started my trip on a good note. The rooms athough a bit old, were very clean and the beds were huge and very comfortable. The gifts shop had enough stuff for buying something for my friend I was visiting. The restaurant inside the hotel had a great menu and their 24-hourAll in all the experience was great and my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I was very excited to read your review about your stay with us in December. I’m so glad that Janice made you feel welcome and provided you with the superior level of service that we take such pride in providing here at the Westin O’Hare. I am delighted that you had a refreshing and memorable stay with us and I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Please know that I will be sure to let Janice know of your kind words and that she is acknowledged for her great service. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and be well.
Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel and this is what i found......

+ Nice clean spacious room
+ 3rd floor
+ included king size bed plus business desk and recliner/ottoman
+ bed was very comfortable
+ 6 towels in room
+ ironing board in closet gets in way of hanging clothes - seemed to swing forward
+ double nozzled shower - good stream - not exceptionally hot
+ no dustballs; clean bathroom; some paint chipping on the ceiling
+ business table with built in power outlet was not working; one of the outlets behind the table also not working - i needed to move the whole table to plug my PC in
+ free internet not available in the rooms but available in the lobby....room charge $12/night
+ watch out for the water bottle - one is free the second one is marked $4
+ TV picture was frequently distorted
+ Starbucks coffee packets in the room - for additonal packets call downstairs
+ Door didn't close automatically - constantly required addtional push to close

Room Tip: - my brother also spent the night there thru priceline at 1/2 the rate i paid - ask at the front de...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for such a detailed assessment of your stay with us! This was a great review to read and incredibly valuable to hear everything you expereinced while staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed the room as well as our Heavenly Beds. This is very helpful to us in letting us know where we can improve some aspects of our service to our guests and where we are hitting our mark. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance with a reservation or if you have any questions. Thank you again so much for taking time to let us know about your stay we truly appreciate the detail.
Have a wonderful day and be well.
Westin Expereince Manager
alyssa.remaly@westin.com
Stamford
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Usually airport hotels are all about location and the service shows it. This one is different. The people at the Westin O'Hare are terrific. They welcome you, remember you and are so accomodating. I stay there 4-5 times a year and some of the staff hug me each time I visit. Makes business travel just a little bit nicer to be treated with a smile.

Room Tip: Plan to wake up early as you will hear air traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Good Afternoon!
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's very wonderful to hear that you have created a special connetction with members of our staff. It is very important to us that our guests feel welcome and excited to stay with us. I wish you a happy and healthy holiday season and we look forward to seeing you againin 2013.
Thank you again for your time and be well.
Darien, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and some of my clients. The facilities are nice, modern and clean. The lobby is spacious, clean and inviting.

The room I had was clean, and comfortable. The desk had ample space to work (even with a room service tray). There are no outlets by the beds which makes it a challenge as I use my phone as my alarm clock ( and many of my colleagues do as well). Fortunately there is an iPhone docking radio and I could use that, however I could not charge my BB next to the bed.

Room service was prompt, however a medium steak came well done. (it was still good).

Breakfast at the restaurant was slow. While it is a buffet, it took us numerous times of getting the waiters attention to settle our bill.

Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good Morning! I was delighted to read your review about your most recent stay with us at the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed not only the convenience of our location but the warmth of the room and cleanliness of the property. I appreciate you telling us about the service you received at the restaurant. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our DIrector of Food and Beverage so he is aware of this. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another relaxing stay.
Thank you again for your honesty and have a wonderful rest of your day.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wonderful staff! Love the free early morning/late night shuttle to the airport! Love the breakfast bar, they make Starbucks concoctions! Room service and food was really good. Very comfortable beds. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
What a delight to read such kind words about our property. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay with us. We are beyond delighted that our staff was able to provide you with a memorable and refreshing stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the hotel in the future.
Thank you again for your kind words and have a wonderful holiday season
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My stay was set by "Janice" at guest services, who was very pleasant, helpful, and went out of her way to make me feel welcome. The experience continued when I saw the large room with a very comfortable King bed and huge (50+") flat screen. Bonuses were the healthclub and pool which were five star. I always enjoy Westin Hotels - but it was Janice who made this one better than most!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good Morning,
I was beyond excited to read the kind words you had to say about Janice. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize her. Please know that I will be sure she is acknowledged by management for her superior service and making your stay a most memorable one. I do hope you will return in the future for another wonderful stay at the hotel.
Thank you again for your kind words and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Be Well.