“Thanks to Staff Jennifer (?) and Kerry Carmichael”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I left reading glasses the a.m. of 11/30/12 and these ladies followed through w/ my calls to retrieve and send them back to me in Fl. Too often the ball is dropped in this situation but they exhibited tremendous diligence,professionalism, and perseverance to get the job done. They are to be commended for their actions, they mirror the high standards the Westin O'hare displays during my stays there. Thanks again to these two and any others that may have assisted, as well as the mgmt. for having such great employees as these.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Good Morning,
How exciting to read such wonderful words about our employees. The whole team takes pride in providing superior service to our guests but it is always wonderful when one member of the team makes an experience memorable for a guest. I am so glad Jennyfer was able to find your glasses and assist in getting them to you as soon as possible. I will be sure she sees your kind words and she is recognized accordingly for her service. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future for another great stay.
Thank you again for your time and kind words.
Have a wonderful rest of your day.
Westin Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of Creation Entertainment's Official Stargate Convention this past summer. It was my first solo trip, and my first visit to the Midwest, and I wanted to stay on-site for the convention, and be part of the action. The cleanliness of the hotel was exemplary, and the atmosphere was beautiful. My room (single King size bed) was spacious for this solo traveler. The bed was unbelievably comfortable! The service was excellent all around. I'm low-maintenance, so I never asked for much. The proximity to the airport was fantastic, and the shuttle service was quick and comfortable - 5 minutes to the hotel in mid-afternoon was fabulous! The food was slightly pricey, but it was delicious, and I was on my first vacation in 5 years, so it was worth it. I am planning on coming back next year for the next Stargate convention, so I will definitely be booking my room at the Westin O'Hare again!

Room Tip: I traveled alone, so I had things the way I wanted them. My room was perfect, and near the elevator...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Good Morning!
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a relaxing and memorable stay for your much needed vacation. The convention was great fun to have here in the hotel and we are looking forward to having everyone again next year. If you have any questions or need any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly and I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.
Thank you again for your kind words and feedback. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Pros: close to airport w/ convenient shuttle, quiet, adequate fitness facilities, nice staff, really comfortable bed, meeting rooms comfortable too.
Cons: surrounded by interstates so no running outside, kind of hard to get into town w/o a car or familiarity w/ public transport, overpriced breakfast, hot tub wasn't hot (or particularly clean).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TremontChicagoHotel, General Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thank you Chellie R for your comments regarding your recent visit to the property. Much has occurred here at the Westin since your visit as we have completed a full renovation of our guestrooms and meeting space and next year will be addressing the public areas and restaurant. We appreciate your feedback on things to do in the area so the next time you are in town please contact our concierge Denise as she can make any arrangements you may wish so that you have a relaxing and refreshing experience!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just stay for one night and have Chicago trip by metro.
Very good location for both Airport and Downtown.
Good decorated and quite rooms.
Unfortunately I could not use the swimming pool because of another organization but 24 hours open gym was good.

Thanks Janice Andal for kind help at front desk.

Room Tip: You may request for the upper floor for better view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you Arturd for your positive review of the Westin O'Hare and for recognizing Janice too! We appreciate your staying with us and look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is in a great location by the Chicago O'Hare airport. A five minute drive from the airport. The Westin, as usual, has some good amenities, but this building seems rather worn out and tired. My room had rips in the carpet, light in the shower was rusted, a few rust and stain spots around the room. Although the bed was very comfortable, as all Westin beds are, the room was in need of much repair and updating.
The front desk employees were very nice as were most of the employees I came in contact with.
I would have rated this hotel a 4 if not for the run down nature of the building. When visiting Chicago again, I probably will choose another location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Good Afternoon,
I would like to thank you for your time in letting us know about your most recent stay with us here at the hotel. I do apologize about the condition of the hotel and unfortunately we are aware that the hotel is in much need of TLC. We have been very excited to announce to our guests that we will be starting a large renovation here in a few weeks. The renovation will be a huge project that we are all very much looking forward to. The renovation will include; all of our guest rooms, all of our meeting spaces and our public areas. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are in town and we would love if you would come back to expereince the new and improved Westin O'Hare. Thank you for your honesty and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
Be Well.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The open and cordial help from the desk and staff, rounded out a very pleasant hotel stay. They worked very hard to make sure all questions, needs were cared for while I stayed for a seminar. It was all the little touches that added to the really fine quality. Thanks Janice and Jennifer and the rest of the staff.

Room Tip: Room's view of the west has a park with trees decorated for Christmas.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much PeterRabbitRunsF for your wonderful comments about your experience and the hotel and in particular for recognizing Janice and Jennyfer for their outstanding service!
We appreciate you visiting with us and look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

stayed here for one night on a layover. Standard room came at ~ 175 $ without breakfast, is spacious and has all the amenities that you expect in a four star major chain hotel - except mini bar. They apparently have removed them, so if you want at drink or a small snack, you have to order from the reception (24/7), and they won't bother to serve you unless you spend a minimum of $10, if I remember correctly. Furniture was a little worn, bath room clean and well maintained. On place dining is limited to one restaurant/bar, but the food there is pretty good.Close to public transportation, which ist the best and a safe way to get downtown. If you arrive late, you have to call them for the pick-up service, so make sure you have the telephone number at hand. If you have to leave early, the bus runs every 30 mins only, so some waiting can be involved in getting there and away again. Not spectacular in any way, but a very solid bet for a night or two close to O'Hare airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business