“Excellent Stay”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I will confess that I have not had the best experiences staying in hotels near busy airports. I am pleased to report that this time was very different. This hotel is conveniently located near the O'Hare airport with a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel which was great. The hotel was extremely well kept and the guest rooms were spacious and clean. Most importantly, the hotel was VERY quiet so I was able to get a good night's sleep which is needed after such a busy day of traveling. I did attend a business meeting while at this location and had the opportunity to experience their meetings rooms and buffet style breakfast and lunches. All were wonderful as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Good Afternoon,
I was thrilled to read your review! We strive to provide the highest level of service and comfort to our guests and we are always excited to hear when we are successful. I'm so glad you had a successful meeting as well as a relaxing night sleep on our Heavenly Beds. I hope you will return to the hotel in the future.
Thank you again for your kind words and have a wonderful evening!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Typical "airport hotel", very close to O'Hare, therefore convenient for meetings and conventions involving people coming from everywhere in the world.
Free of charge and frequent shuttle bus to reach it from any airport terminal.
Wide and clean rooms, with king size bed at reasonable price.
Rich and gorgeous breakfast, buffet or served by friendly and efficient waiters.
The hotel offers free wi-fi in the lobby, in the meeting rooms and, if you are lucky enough, in your room; I was obliged to use my tablet on a chair in front of the bathroom (the only point in my room having a decent wi-fi signal), but I saved something like 25$ per day .
From the hotel you can also reach by foot (10') the train station to go to Chicago downtown in 25' without any traffic trouble and with only 2.5$ (24/24).

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the hotel. I do hope the next time you are in town you will stay with us again. We will be going through a large renovation starting in the middle of December. Our renovation project will include; all of our guest rooms, our meeting spaces and all public areas. It would be wonderful to have you stay at the hotel again and hear your feedback of the renovation.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you have a fabulous evening.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My Daughter and I stayed with friends for the weekend when at some point I lost a diamond ring. I called back a day later and Security along with the Front Desk Agent, Janice Andal, found my ring. I could never have said thank you enough. Excellent service level.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Good Afternoon,
What fantastic news that we were able to locate your ring! Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Janice and our security team for their assistance. Please know that Janice and Security will be sent your kind words. I hope you will stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is something I can do to make it another memorable stay for you.
Thank you again for your time and have a wonderful evening.
alyssa.remaly@westin.com

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just had arrived in Chicago after a 12 hour flight from Istanbul, we were told all connecting flights were canceled. Well this was the last thing that we wanted to hear; we just wanted to get home to California. This is when we were given the chance to experience The Westin O'Hare. What a treat; a very, very nice, spacious room and the most luscious king bed I have ever slept in.
Extremely caring and helpful staff; excellent food in their dining restaurant! Thank you and I do recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Good Afternoon,
We are beyond delighted that we were able to provide a small amount of comfort and relaxation after a stressful travel experience. I do hope you will return for another visit here without the stress of a cancelled flight. We appreciate your kind words and hope that you have made it home safely.
Thank you again for your time and your kind words and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This past weekend my sister-in-law had her wedding at The Westin O'Hare. The banquet staff was wonderful in helping us plan, and organize the wedding. The majority of the guest stayed the evening at the Westin. The rooms were beautiful, and the entire staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I would recommend anyone to stay at The Westin, and if anyone is looking for a place to have his or her wedding I would absolutely look at The Westin O'Hare. The wedding was beyond my sister-in-laws expectations, and the wedding went very smoothly because of the staffing taking the time to care. A big thanks to the entire staff!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Good Afternoon!
We are beyond delighted that your sister-in-law had a wonderful wedding and that we were able to be part of such a wonderful occasion. It was our pleasure to provide anything and everything that was needed and we are glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future and have another wonderful Westin Expereince.
Thank you again for your kind words and a HUGE congratulations to the beautiful couple.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The standard king bed room is good, but could use a couple upgrades.

I use a CPAP machine (sleep apnea). It requires an electrical outlet. I found one about 7 feet away from the bed under the window. I had to move the chair and side table to get the cord to work. It would be nice if there were an outlet in the lamp base or at bedside counter level.

There should be more outlets provided in the room for charging cellphones, laptops, etc. at the desk and TV areas.

It would be nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room, which this one didn't.

Other than these three issues, the room met all other expectations.

The bed was VERY comfortable and the room was very quiet (couldn't hear any airplane noise).

D E T A I L E D ..... R A T I N G S:
HVAC Comfort: Good
TV size and Channels: Good
Door safety and locks: Good
Furniture Condition and Comfort: Very Comfortable bed
Coffeemaker and Coffee / Tea Quality: Good (Starbucks)
V A L U E:
Price: Expensive
Listed Star Rating Accuracy: A good Match
C L E A N L I N E S S:
Carpet: Excellant in room
Windows: Good
Surfaces and Countertops: Good
Dust Free: Yes
Smoke-free (Smells): Very Good (no smoke smells)
Sheets: Very Good
Shower: Very Good
Toilet: Very Good
Paint Condition: Good (no cracks or peeling... some touch-ups noticed)
Pest Free (Bugs, rodents, Bees): Excellant (no pests)
S E R V I C E:

Room Tip: Nice view on 11th floor

Room Tip: Nice view on 11th floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the bed and that overall your stay was refreshing and comfortable. We have been very excited to announce to our guests that we will be going through a very large renovation on property starting in the middle of December. We will be renovating our guest rooms, meeting spaces as well as our public areas. I do hope that you will come stay with us again and experience the new and improved Westin O'Hare and again give us your honest feedback about the changes.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We attended a wedding at this hotel, and decided to stay overnight. Room was huge, lovely and clean. Staff was very attentive. Just love to call the front desk and have them answer the phone and address you by name.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Good Afternoon,
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel for the wedding. We are delighted we were able to provide you with the superior service that we take such pride in provding to our guests. I do hope you will return in the future and stay with us again.
Thank you again for your kind words and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.