“Awesome hotel!!!”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I went with 2 of my friends to Chicago for the weekend of March 5, 2009.. We chose the Aloft hotel because of the $63.20 rate they offered, and the proximity to I-294. We were not impressed with the parking fee of $26.00/night, but shrugged it off. The hotel itself was AWESOME, and the lobby was well decorated and appointed. When we checked in, the staff were very friendly, and made sure that everything was in order with the reservation BEFORE giving us our keys. She asked if we preferred a particular floor, and knowing in advance of the music, we chose the very top floor. When we entered our room, we were very impressed, and my sister immediately said that "This is our hotel of choice from now on." The rooms were clean, and we had an excellent view of the runway, in which we could watch flights take-off and land. After getting our luggage squared away, we went and checked out the rest of the hotel. The pool is awesome, and they provide little toys for the kiddies to play with in the pool. Sorry, no inflatable clowns. The Fitness Center is right next door to the pool, and they provide treadmills, medicine balls, mats, and anything else you need to get a nice cardio workout. Outside of the Pool, is an ATM just in case you need cash for anything. The lobby is very warm and inviting, with plenty of games to play with friends and family, and there is a pool table too. They also have a snack area, but all of the snacks are severely over-priced, and I would not recommend buying from there unless you are there on company business and the company is paying for it. They also have an airport shuttle, and a monitor where you can check flight status BEFORE you leave for the airport; another plus. They have a internet area, where you can do all sorts of internetting, and full-scale bar, where you can order pizza, and any drinks or cocktails you want. Our bartender, Natina, was VERY friendly, and courteous, and we appreciated her for making our trip to the bar a pleasant one. During the evening hours, they had Techno music playing, and it was more like a night-club scene where you can sit and talk to people over music, and play games. This hotel was NOT boring in the least, but some flaws I noted were that the shower door is not sealed properly, and water does leak onto the floor. The HVAC system works very well, and is tuned to temperature, rather than heat or cool. So if you want it 70 degrees, the heater will kick on, and then the fan will keep it there, or if it gets too hot, the A/C will kick on without you having to touch it. Very comfortable. The rainfall shower is very comfortable, and large. Overall, we enjoyed this hotel, and the services provided. They could abolish the parking fee, and make the snack area a little cheaper, and offer a FREE breakast, which they do not, but otherwise, this is the perfect hotel for a weekend get-a-way.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank N717JG
There are newer reviews for Aloft Chicago O'Hare

Reviewed March 14, 2009

I stayed at this hotel after coming from a college visit for my younger sister. My Mother booked this place and figured it would be nice, seeming like a young and hip hotel. Although it is a newer facility and we were initially impressed, it eroded soon after we got down to what we really needed a room for, to sleep.

First our room's heating system was terrible. Either it was too cold or unbearably hot. It was either a sauna or a freezer. This caused us problems when we tried to get comfortable throughout the afternoon we were in the room.

But what is most unsatisfactory is that there was a party of some sort going on downstairs that was ridiculously loud and obnoxious to the guests. We had to get up the following day to get on the road but had a hard time getting to sleep because you could hear the noise as well as feel the vibrations coming from the stereos downstairs. It was completely disappointing as well as maddening. When we inquired about it, the staff simply said it would end around midnight! No compensation was offered and no heads up was ever given to us about the party that would be going on while we stayed.

Also, the parking was ridiculously expensive. No mention of it was seen on the site when we booked the trip. They also wanted to charge you if you left the hotel, say for dinner like we wanted to, and wanted to park your car again. We ended up ordering in instead of going out to enjoy one of the restaurants the city had to offer.

Overall I was sorely disappointed with the hotel's lack of foresight that patrons would NOT want a stereo in their ears for half of the night. I would say stay away and find a better value elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2009

This hotel scores high on cleanliness because it is new. It's a fun and funky design that doesn't take long before it begins to wear on you . Because it is a new concept I'm sure they are stil working out the kinks so here's how I see it.

Cons: Trying too hard to be trendy, relevant, and unique. Overbearing music at check in (confirms my old age). Room size: 2's a crowd. Over priced food, expensive parking, liquid soap (i prefer bars), Big Screen TV interface (no one could get it to work), noisy HVAC

Pro: Rooms comfortable for one person. creative way of fitting all the design elements into a compact area, the sink area is outside of the shower toilet, tubless Shower, Big Screen TV.

I'd stay here when the price is $120 or below.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I left a phone in my room when I checked out and called around noon to ask that it be picked up. The staff repeatedly did not return phone calls over several days. When they finally did, they claimed there was no phone there. I can only conclude that they stole it or did not look for it in the room.
Hotel bar had a friendly server who was apparently doing two jobs causing her to be MIA for periods of time.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Went there this past Valentines day and took advantage (or should i say got taken advantage) of their valentines day soirre price of 109+tax. This is what was included and this is what really happens.

1. Free parking-The catch is you can only exit once for free, no in and out priveleges, so if you plan on leaving for dinner and coming back you will have to pay 11 each time. Oh take the shuttle you say? We waited 20 mins at Giordanos 5min down the street while a shuttle drove by us twice. We called and the front desk gave us the good old "sorry about that," another 10 mins later we were picked up. This no in and out policy was no where on the website or told to me when i booked over the phone.

2. Free champaign and chocolates. Expect a 750ml bottle with glass flutes? Guess again, champaign was two small individual bottles with plastic flutes. the chocolates was a box of premium m and m's.

3. Free movie tickets or two drinks. When on check in i asked about the tickets the rude front staff said they no longer had any passes, only drink passes. She told me because i did not ask for them when i was booking I was not set aside any. Never when I booked over phone did they suggest that nor anywhere on the website. As for the drinks they only covered well drinks, draft beer, and soft drinks. Once agin never mentioned that anywhere on the website.

4. The only plus of this deal was early check in starting at noon and late check out at 3pm, but if you think about it you can check in early to most places for free anyways.

Overall I felt scammed. My girlfriend and I are tight for money but thought this was a great deal when we first say it. It was not. Also, the young staff at the front desk was very rude. I will not be returning. Ever.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

We went down to Chicago for a little Valentine's Day getaway, and my husband chose the Aloft based on some of the other reviews, and we were not let down at all. Walking in you feel like you're in a cool foreign nightclub, and the funky music playing in the lobby reinforces that. The parking in the ramp attached was reasonable (the hotel said overnight parking was $22 a night, but we never brought in our parking tickets to be validated and just paid for parking in the ramp, and it was only $11 a night). The rooms were pretty snazzy as well, with their 42" LCD TVs on the wall and bright white down bedding. I was a little concerned with as lively as the WXYZ bar was in the lobby that it might be noisy at night (I'm a pretty light sleeper), but I never heard a peep from in our room. As far as that bar goes, as I said it was pretty lively, but a great area to hang out; they have all sorts of board games sitting around, as well as a great fireplace with a padded seat to relax by. The drinks are, as one would expect, on the pricey side, but they do have a great selection of higher-end liquors if you're into that (and I do admit, we made some use of that selection). The staff were all very pleasant (though the girl who checked us in wasn't the most helpful in the world as she forgot to tell us where our room was). Overall, we really had no complaints with the hotel and would likely stay there again given the chance.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 13, 2009

We recently stayed at the Aloft for one night while meeting up with family who were also in Chicago. We typically stay at the Westin O'Hare, but have been wanting to try the Aloft - and are glad we did! We got an amazing rate (~$65 plus tax) directly through Starwood Hotels website. The hotel is nice and new and clean. The lobby is fun, great design, cozy and modern. The staff were all very helpful and attentive. We loved the lobby pool table, and board games spread out throughout the area. If we hadn't had back to back plans the whole time we were there I'm sure we would have taken advantage. There's a nice outdoor patio area (with fireplace), and the pool also looked nice. The rooms were small, but very efficiently designed, so they didn't feel so small. The high ceilings were a nice touch. The shower and Bliss shower products were great (for those of you who must have a tub - the Aloft may not be for you as it's showers only). The Aloft is dog friendly, which is a great plus for us. Parking was a slightly pricey $25 for valet (or I think $22ish for self park). This is a little higher than some of the other airport hotels, but not outlandish. Really, my only disappointment was the bed... and that is likely because I had my hopes high for a Westin/W style of insanely comfortable pillow-top mattress. It was a nice bed, comfortable enough, but not amazing like those at Westins or Ws. Although - for 1/2 the price of the Westin OHare, and 1/4 the price of the Ws downtown it was more than sufficient! Overall, it was a great stay, the hotel is really a fantastic value, and we will be back.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#7 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Aloft Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!