“Great location!”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We first stayed there for a baseball tournament at the Dome. The hotel had offered to shuttle us to the tournament. We declined after realizing it was just down the street. The hotel is located right next to the Rosemont Entertainment Center. We've been wanting to visit the Center and we again booked with Aloft. We certainly were not disappointed either time. While I did not have any issues, a few on our team found the employees not overly friendly (and they dress "down")and mix ups in the reservation. However, we worked with the group coordinator who was able to accommodate our requests and was very friendly. We plan to return for an overnight soon.

There is a small bar right in the lobby with a pool table and a small pool (indoor). They have breakfast and snacks available for purchase in the lobby. I'm a big fan of the modern rooms too!

Room Tip: Do not stay by the elevators when the party crowd comes in late at night. It amazes me how inconside...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

The hotel has the best location in Rosemont located by the MB Financial Park, Fashion Outlets of Chicago, The Donald Stevens Convention Center and the Dome. Thanks for the taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel was exactly what I wanted it to be-- a clean, comfortable, relatively quiet place to stay on an overnight layover at O'Hare. I arrived at close to 11PM, but found that there was a nice energy to the lobby/lounge area. Felt like I could have gone down for a drink or two, if I were so inclined.

Check in was fast and friendly. The room was clean, comfortable, and exactly as pictured. My only tiny trouble was that the bedside lights didn't seem to work, but perhaps I was missing some subtlety of th lighting system.

I had a good sleep, and the next morning, liked the little grab and go breakfast area. At check out, the girl mentioned that I could get my breakfast free if I signed up for Starwoods rewards-- smart girl! I appreciated the head's up.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the review. As for the lighting issue, for next time the master control for the bedroom lights is at the entrance to the room.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had been looking forward to the opportunity to stay in an Aloft hotel, and while the concept intrigued me, my overall experience was underwhelming.
The location of this particular was great - I could walk to the outlet mall and there were plenty of restaurants and things to do within a 10-minute walking distance (including the Stephens Convention Center).
The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.
The lobby and common areas were open and welcoming, with lots of nooks if you wanted a little privacy.
The rooms were... different. Very contemporary and sparsely furnished. Storage space was limited.
The beds... just OK comfort-wise.
The HVAC... noisy but effective.
The room was tech-friendly, with plenty of electrical outlets.
Room lighting was confusing with lots of switches, but little rhyme or reason to what each switch could turn on / off.
The bathroom was laid out nicely, with the sink area separated from the toilet / shower. But, and there's always a but - the toilet ran all night, refilling every few minutes with that annoying noise. The sink would not drain properly, taking what seemed like forever to empty. And the shower, while it looked great, smelled of mildew.
Would I stay here again? No. Would I try a different Aloft? Probably.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike M

I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel. It appears that you enjoyed the location and the hotel layout however we fell short with a couple issues. We have addressed these issues with our staff and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel. The location is perfect for the airport and working the surrounding Chicago area. A shuttle service runs around the clock and the drivers are very professional (restaurant service as well as airport). The food right near the hotel in a quick walk across the parking deck is very good with a variety of food choices. The staff is always eager to help - especially Liz Kraft. I have referred this hotel many times. Exercise facilities could use another treadmill and breakfast could use some healthier options (Protein sources like Greek yogurt and fresh berries), which they use to have. Overall you cannot beat this hotel for its overall value and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the road side to reduce morning noise; however, the noise there is not bad.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MDM1414

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we appreciate your loyalty to the aloft O'Hare.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stumbled into the Aloft due to bad weather in Chicago. Got stuck overnight and booked the Aloft. Shuttle ride is about 10 minutes from O'Hare. Hotel decor is art deco from the lobby to the rooms. Small dining area was cool with morning chef prepping the hot food. Breakfast sandwich was great, but lots of other stuff, too. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Booked via Expedia and got a great rate.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were picked up quickly at the airport. It is a short ride to the hotel. The check in process was very quick. The room was nice. Well appointed and a comfortable bed. The only drawback was the lack of "free' breakfast. There was coffee/tea, but everything else had a cost. I would stay there again and will look for other locations when I travel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was in town attending a convention and chose to stay here rather than the host hotel which was $40 more per night and was very happy. The Aloft Hotel is very clean and contemporary. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. If I'm in town for another convention I'll be staying here again. The location is only about a 5 minute walk to the convention center. The only drawback is the closest liquor store is a little over a mile away.

Room Tip: Even though I was on the north side of the building where you could see planes landing at the airpor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo