“A good airport stay”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The room was new and spacious. Our room was by the road but I can barely hear the noise. Huge restroom, and I like the shower. minutes away from o'hare airport. Highway to downtown Chicago was quick, even at the rush hours.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I arrived early and they found me a room , I also got late checkout agreed . A room problem ( noisy airconditioner ) led to a rapid room change and service was good throughout my stay . The shuttle from the airport worked well and was even available to go to a local restaurant as the weather was too cold to walk . It's a very modern design and a change from all the hotels which are so standard and have no character

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed for a night after a flight cancellation. Aloft hotels are really not my kind of place due to their cold industrial look but i knew what i was expecting since i stayed in them before.
Lobby is large and kind of nice. Nice bar in the back that i had a couple of drinks at. Could use a bigger selection as there was not much choice.
Hotel staff were nice and service was good all around. There is also a few restaurants walking distance to hotel.
My issue was with the room. The monstrosity that is used to heat and cool the room sounds like a 747 revving its motor all night long. Half hour into my sleep i decided i had to shut the system off. Slept the entire night with out heat.
The hotel really needs to upgrade their heating system as what is in place right now is very old and not acceptable for a hotel that is charging $150 a night.
Just because of this reason i would not recommend the hotel unless you are not planning to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad the staff was accomodating. I apologize for the noise from the heater, this has been rectified.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just as the rest of the Aloft hotels scattered throughout the country, Aloft Chicago O'Hare oozes hipness from the minute you walk in the door. Surprisingly enough, there is nothing pretentious about the hotel. The lobby is incredibly welcoming. Within the lobby are a bar, seating area, pool table, and food store, all of which appear to be very nice. The staff at the front desk could not be nicer, and they will do everything possible to accommodate your needs. The hipness continues in your room. I stayed in a king suite which was clean, comfortable, and well designed. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and I was happy to see Bliss products in the bathroom.

I love the location of the hotel. The entertainment district in Rosemont is quite nice. It has a large spectrum of bars and restaurants to choose from; there is something to please almost everyone. Some bars stay open until 3 or 4 which allows you to maximize on your fun. The hotel is also right by the Chicago Fashion Outlets which will probably not be a friend to your wallet. The CTA blue line train is all but a 5 minute walk away from the hotel.

The parking is horrid. The parking garage is one of the worst designed parking garages I have been inside. Seeing that there are so many bars connected to the parking garage the design shocks me. The fact that Aloft charges $20 per day miffs me a little bit. I do like that the parking fee allows unlimited entries and exits. However, most other hotels in the area do not charge for parking. Plus, Aloft shares its parking with the entertainment complex (it does have a designated separate area). If I am to pay $20 a day, I would at least like not to have to park in a shared parking garage.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while we attended an event at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center. The room was nice, clean, and they had nice sized bath towels. About all we did at the hotel was sleep and shower.Parking was in the ramp across the street there was a covered walk way to get to the ramp, the parking was included in the room rate. They have some breakfast food available, but there is no restaurant in the hotel. There is food across the street, they were busy on Friday night and very busy on Saturday. The hotel had a good shuttle service, this was much appreciated as it was cold and windy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I just start with this location would be excellent if it were not for the parking. We arrived early on a Friday morning and were able to check in immediately. This time I had the room with two beds and I have to stay these hotels give you the best setup room in the industry. There is really no wasted space. Last time I was here I did not have time to visit the bar, man was I surprised. There is also a pool table and corn hole boards outside should you want to just hang out with friends. This hotel kind of promotes hanging in the lobby or around the hotel. Like I stated above and before the parking in the garage is terrible and has to be the worst in the industry. I know it is the worst parking situation around O'Hare. If you come back to the hotel late on Friday or Saturday the garage is very dangerous with young people driving fast around every corner. They also have no regard for all of the signs that state Alfot parking only. I think the hotel would also be better to just figure the cost of parking in the room price instead of gouging you for $20 when the garage only charges $13. Especially when you don't monitor the spots in the garage. Overall I will stay at this location again but please do something about the parking before someone gets injured.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It's been a few years since I stayed here. My visit this time was better than my last visit. Since then there are more restaurant/bars across the street. Check-in wasn't as messy as it was the last time I was here. Checkout time is noon which I think is pretty generous. Free bottled water in the room. Stayed in room 323.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business