“Cool at it's finest!!”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Boston, MA.
“Cool at it's finest!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2008

From the minute I walked in the door, I felt this amazing vibe wash over me. I checked in around 9PM Saturday night & the DJ was in full motion. There were people outside lounging on very colorful, inviting furniture & candles everywhere, they've created a very cool atmosphere here. I stay at W's when I can & was extremely impressed how aloft still gives you that feel without the steep price. The lobby area is truly the synergy for this Hotel, the rooms are ok but the bar area reels you in. The food is very different to what you typically find these days in Hotels. Very simple & very convenient, open 24 hours for the items in the cooler which is great for travelers. The only bad experience was that my phone was not working when I checked in. They offered to move me to another room....but i had already unpacked & they said they would wake me up @ 6AM so I could catch my flight. Imagine my surprise when there was a knock on my door @ 6AM by the GM of the Hotel no less & he was holding a cup of coffee for me. Needless to say, this was pretty incredible service & made up for the inconvenience of no phone. I will be staying here regularly now as I am a loyal SPG member, the Westin is very tired & the Sheraton isn't very hip.....I loved the aloft.

• Liked — The Bar
  • Disliked — The cheap A/C unit in the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 28, 2008

The aLoft just opened last Thursday, the same day I made a last minute reservation for Saturday night. When I arrived at the hotel Saturday night, I was greeted by a large open lobby with full bar (fun!) and it also opens onto an outdoor area with chairs and extends to an indoor pool. There were quite a few people just hanging out in the lounge-y lobby drinking and listening to a DJ. Not exactly your normal hotel lobby - certainly got that W vibe. If you want a drink, this is where you go - there is no room service or minibar in the room.

The rooms also had some key wins: free bottled water, single cup coffee maker (no mess!), huge flat screen TV, Bliss bath products, a REAL hair dryer, actual face wash. Looks like their focus groups paid off!

My only complaint was that my room right above the lobby was certainly not sound proofed from the DJ - good thing I was too exhausted to care.

In the morning, I was running to the airport so I didn't get to try their attempt at an a la carte breakfast buffet but I did appreciate in my brief glance that everything was well marked with prices.

So, my takeaway: it is the Hampton Inn for the next generation and for those of us who still want a Starwood but think the Four Points are a yawn.

• Liked — Modern atmosphere, bar in the lobby, open feeling
  • Disliked — Not quite soundproof rooms, expensive parking
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank RedPepper823
Travelers also viewed these Rosemont hotels
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#7 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,772 reviews

Been to Aloft Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Aloft Chicago O'Hare

Property: Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Address: 9700 Balmoral Ave, Rosemont, IL 60018-5214
Location: United States > Illinois > Rosemont
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#14 Business Hotel in Rosemont
Hotel Class:3 star — Aloft Chicago O'Hare 3*
Conveniently located just minutes away from the airport, the Aloft Chicago O'Hare offers all travelers a new experience with a loft inspired design as well as lounge, 24/7 gym, and indoor pool. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Aloft Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Aloft Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont