Aloft Chicago O'Hare
$204
$167
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare(Rosemont)(Great Value!)
$134
$209
$202
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbliss productssnack areaoutlet mallsink areacomedy clubmovie theaterbowling alleymb financial parkrestaurants and barsentertainment districtshuttle servicefront desk staffindoor poolice machinefree shuttlewalk in showeran early flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The room is fine but it's an urban hotel which feels more like a warehouse/loft apt than a hotel. There is NO RESTAURANT & NO ROOM SERVICE! You have to leave the hotel for food.
The meeting rooms are extremely small and the hotel staff does not seem well versed in the hospitality business. No where near the service of Marriott or Hilton chain.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. The hotel does not offer room service but is located in walking distance of numerous restaurants and the Fashion Outlet Mall of Chicago.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Great location with an airport shuttle and several food options. The evening shift at the front desk is a delight and offers great choices for dinner. Rooms are modern and well appointed with roomy shower and mini fridge. Blackout blinds really work - I can attest since room 220 looks over a massive video billboard. The chefs at breakfast offer a smile and good food. As for the shuttle drivers, each was helpful with maps and tips for the city.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Was here for a national conference. Hotel normally stay at was booked so Aloft was next option. Glad we stayed here. It is a fresh atmosphere with lots of things to do around it. The room was not what I expected; hard to describe but was a cool concept. The hotel in general is modern, bright, with lots of attention to details. Staff were helpful and friendly. Was my first stay here and I will definitely consider staying here next year.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is my first stay with Aloft -- my client recommended it, and with the free airport shuttle it was convenient for my overnight business trip. It won't be my last stay with Aloft, I'm sure. I was very pleasantly surprised! I loved the look of the place -- neither the lobby nor my room was typical hotel décor. It felt friendly, comfortable, minimalist/uncluttered. The lighting was interesting (who knew blue lights in the elevator could feel joyful?) I loved the color scheme, the staff was very friendly. The bar was inviting, with big screen TV's, sound loud enough to hear but not so loud it stifled conversation. There is a pool table in the lobby, and a corn hole game set up outside, which is great for business groups to unwind and have some down time.

The breakfast (not included) is minimalist -- it's grab and go. I wouldn't bother getting the omelet if I went again. Stick with the bagels w/peanut butter or the breakfast sandwich.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

You are correct, the Aloft chain continues to grow. We now can serve you in Bolingbrook, Downtown Chicago and Rosemont. We now have over 60 Alofts world wide! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is my first stay at Aloft. I stayed at Westin O'hare earlier this year but wanted to try this Aloft concept this time. I would say my stay is below my expectation.

Pro:
1. New and clean room
2. Location not too far from the airport
3. Friendly staffs

Con:
1. Shuttle service. They do not serve T5 on a regular basis. You need to call to request a shuttle to T5. This information was NOT listed on their website or in the confirmation email.

After waiting in the hotel shuttle area of T5 for >30min, I decided to call and ask. I was told that I need to request one, otherwise they do not serve T5. so I did. Was told that a shuttle will arrive in 7min. I waited for another 20min, no shuttle came. Called again. Was told that the driver's radio was broken so they don't know where the shuttle is. Asked me to wait for another 5min or so. Finally after standing in the chill wind for 1hr, the shuttle arrived.

Interestingly, when I asked the driver why they don't serve T5, I was told that "we mainly focus on domestic travellers". That seems a joke to me after I had seen several Quality Inn, Super 8, Days Inn, and Best Western shuttles in the last 1hr (let alone the fact that all the big chain hotels like Fourpoints, Courtyard, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Westin, Hilton, Crown Plaza, Intercontinental, Renaissance, etc serve T5). It is a shame that Aloft O'hare at a night rate of $150-160 cannot even match with Super 8 or Best Western.

2. Noise issue. Though the room is new and clean, the heater/AC is terribly noisy. I was waken up by it several times (I am usually pretty good at sleeping in a hotel room)

Next time I will avoid Aloft O'hare and get back to Westin O'hare. Or maybe Sheraton or Holiday Inn (at least they are cheaper)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

I apologize for the inconvenience with the shuttle during your stay. I will review this with our staff.