“Met all our needs”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was the first time we ever stayed at an Aloft hotel. It met all our needs. We went to the Hofbrauhaus which was approximately 1 block from the hotel and because we were celebrating Oktoberfest with friends decided it was a good idea to secure a room, instead of driving home. Found a good rate. Parking structure was across the street with a "skywalk" directly to the hotel, so never had to walk outside. Quick check in w/o any problems. Room was clean, smelled good and was of modern decor. We didn't spend any time in the room other than when we came back to sleep for 8hrs. The king size bed was very comfy with a wonderful comforter as well. I would definately stay at an Aloft Hotel again. Also ticket for parking was validated.

Room Tip: Our room faced entrance onto 294 and was quiet as could be.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Aloft O'Hare has been a sleek modern beauty since it opened.
We make our trek to Rosemont once a year to attend a tradeshow. We have stayed at other properties in the area but Aloft by far is the best value and quality experience for the money.
They do the little things very well their shuttle drivers are the best ever experienced anywhere hands down they will take you anywhere you want to go and pick you up later ie dinner shopping, train station etc... Front desk staff is attentive. This is not a resort for a high maintenance guest. no restaurant or room service just snacks and light breakfast items although nice bar.
Thanks Aloft for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank for reviewing the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the aloft and and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night between flights and loved it. The hotel is very nice, clean, modern and the staff is extremely helpful. I e-mailed back and forth with one member of the staff to ask about the possibility to have a package from Amazone (booster seat for our child) shipped to the hotel and Luis was very helpful. Room was big and had everything you could need including free wifi which is a must for us. We used the free shuttle to Rosemont CTA station, very friendly driver. Same thing with the free shuttle to the airport next morning, very friendly driver and he left right on time from the hotel. Hotel was also just a one minute walk from the new Fashion Outlet mall, just cross the street and you're there. On the other side of the hotel are several great restaurants, we walked there and had dinner at Adobe Gilas. Would definitely want to stay here again if I need a hotel close to the airport. Oh - and the price was great too!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the glowing review. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Luis. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice modern hotel near o'hare. Shuttle service will take and pick you back up at several nice restaurants. Staff for breakfast not too friendly or helpful. Bed was comfy and room very clean. Very close to o'hare airport. Shuttle service runs approx every 30 minutes to and from airport

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel decor was nice and clean. Atmosphere was also attractive, but the guests also pay an expensive price for it.

Now the staff: apparently there are some thieves employees there. Left my Harley Davidson in my room mistakingly (yes, my fault left in the closet). Called the housekeeping manager Frank Conforti, this was useless. Never called back after he said he would look into it. When I called him 6 hours later, he could have cared less.

I received the same attitude from the hotel "supervisor" April DiSteinfo. Also didnt care that I was a US soldier and had important paperwork inside the jacket. Not even an "I'll look into it" Nothing.....

I guess this is what happens when you put kids in charge of a hotel.

I'll never stay at this hotel again and I'll discourage friends and family from staying here also.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Aboat911
Reviewed September 16, 2013

For the Price you really don't get a lot of ammenities. The place is looking a bit worn. The rooms remind me of a Japanese efficiency Hotel. While not bad.. the room was Tiny and stark. Just Concrete cold. The bed was confortable and the room was clean. For the same price I could have stayed at a Luxury Suite at Marriot just a few blocks away. This is NOT Luxury..and this is not a romantic place. Rather it feels like efficency at a George Orwell sort of level. If you are over 40 you may not like the starkness of it. Otherwise it is an OK place to crash for one night if you need to becasue the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean and odor free. We did't eat there. But it looked like avg 7 eleven snacks in what they called the dinning area. We did nto use room service either so I cannot comment on the service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I appreciate the feedback on our room layout and for acknowledging the cleanliness and comfortability.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have stayed at several aloft hotels, so I think I know what to expect. The room is standard, but their service is rather dull. Their shuttle service only serves the domestic terminal on a regular basis. Thus if you arriving from overseas, make sure you call them ahead of time to arrange your pick-up.
The area surrounding the hotel does not look very appealing at first (you have to go thru a parking lot to get to the hotel), but there are actually several restaurants and bars one block away. Plus it feels very safe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing the hotel. The aloft is situated between the Fashion Oultet Mall of Chicago and the MB Financial Park which consists of 7 different restaurants, a movie theatre and comedy club.