“Adequate for business travel”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Aloft is a "trendy" version of Four Points, but trendy seems to translate to cheap. My first room had a funky smell, but the front desk happily moved me to another room. The desk chair was broken. They happily sent a replacement which worked for about 4 mintes at a time before sinking to the ground.

On the plus side, they have free computers and free printing for boarding passes. They also run a free shuttle to the airport, which was great for me in the wee hours of the morning.

Room Tip: if you are sensitive to flowerly smells, ask for a room that has not recently been cleaned (as in, w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because I'm familiar with this chain and their Birth-Month rate was really good for a 2 night stay, However, it's too far away from the City for me to consider staying there again. The shuttle that takes you to the Blue Line runs every 30 minutes so you can't be running late (I was going to the Cubs game).

The front desk staff was nice enough, but a little snobby, which was surprising to me for Chicago. She didn't bother to check rates or availability for me wten I inquired about staying another night. She just said they're full and the rate would probably be really high anyway. I ended up staying at a different hotel for 2 more nights.

The hotel room itself is what I expect for the chain. A spacious, clean, well-stocked room. The only thing wrong with the room is that the air conditioner temperature wouldn't get cooler than 74○F which is pretty bad considering the humidity in Chicago.

Overall, it was a good stay, just a few quirks that would prevent me from staying there again unless it's for a business trip near the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel has very trendy furnishings and decor, but for an overnight stay this is far less important than comfort and service. I took the shuttle from the airport and back the following morning. Neither driver was at all friendly - did not speak a single word the whole journey. I found the entrance difficult to negotiate as the front desk is just a few feet inside and I had several suitcases. There were people at the desk making it very difficult to even get in the door. The clerk was unfriendly and unwelcoming and made no reference to my SPG status. I was not offered the customary "gift" of SPG points or a drink voucher. During the check-in process he was talking to another employee and scarcely looked at or spoke to me.
The corridors have lovely thick pile carpet, but it was almost impossible to wheel heavy bags. It was more a case of dragging them.
The room was small and very hot. The a/c unit was so loud it sounded like there was a generator in the room. Usually we are allocated an upgraded room as gold members, but this was on the third floor with a view of a construction site and with two cranes just outside the window. Bed linen and towels were worn and thin.
The main problem was the bed. It was very hard, but worse still the two single pillows were hard lumpy foam. We were there for only seven hours as we had an early morning flight out, so had intended to use the room just to sleep. We were so uncomfortable it just wasn't worth the trip to and from the airport. The same clerk was on the desk when we left and again seemed to be a person of few words. I would never stay in this hotel again. When travelling I rate comfort and courtesy over trendy decor.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

What a dump. The walls of my very small room needed paint.
You get a flat screen but the vast majority of channnels are analog to insure poor picture quality.
Closet space is almost non-existent.
The beds are uncomfortable but you probably won't sleep anyways if you're on the freeway or freeway ramp side.
The so-called restaurant is poor and you have to pay at the front desk so be prepared to wait a good while as other guests check-in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway or its ramp.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Probably would have only been three stars if not for the really friendly people at the front desk. Really convenient O'Hare shuttle (once you figure out where the airport shuttle area is). Biggest downside is no hotel restaurant. Only a bar and a snack bar. The snack bar is heavy duty, and in the morning they have egg sandwiches, etc. The nearest restaurant serving breakfast is a difficult 2-4 blocks away in another hotel. There is quite a bar/entertainment area across the street from the hotel, with many restaurants/bars serving lunch and dinner. No tub with the shower, although fine by me. No conditioner. Only a dispenser in the shower with combination shampoo/conditioner. Free internet. Bed adequate, but not one of those hotel beds that really make you wish you had a mattress like that at home. Ultra modern style just starting to show a little wear. SPG typically now offers a $5 coupon or Starpoints for every night you skip room makeup. Many of the hotels are 500 Starpoints, but this one is only 250. But the front desk fudged the $5 for me a little at the snack bar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of the staff in your review. Customer service is our focus. The hotel does not have a restaurant but it is in walking distance of several restaurants and there will be a food court in the outlet mall located across the street opening August 1st.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had to pick up my mother in law from Ohare airport, so stayed here with my wife for 1 night. We got a great Priceline bid on this one and is located very close to the airport. The hotel building looks pretty new and overall ambiance is just awesome. They had a very cool bar and had a pool table as well. The room was little smaller in size, but its condition was very immaculate. We just loved our room. Overall we had a great stay.
PS - The only pain we had at the hotel was the parking. 20$ for overnight parking is just too much.

Room Tip: Their parking structure has another general parking where you can park for $13 overnight. The only i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thanks for your response and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a dinner to attend in the area and decided to spend the night in Rosemont. Aloft was a great property and I would stay here again. The entire hotel was super clean (lobby, room, bar area, elevator, etc.) and very comfortable. Our service at the front desk for check-in and check-out was pleasant. We did have drinks at the bar and our bartender was fantastic. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was due to a discrepancy on our final bill with the bar tab. The manager rectified the situation quickly, but had I not noticed the error we would have been overcharged.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.