“too modern and too small”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. That said I have not been in an upscale hotel with such small rooms. The lobby area has a fireplace but is dark and creepy to me. I stayed there the first time we had a meeting. I elected to drive the 3 hours home when we met there again. There are nicer places that include free breakfast near-by so I will not be a guest here again. Oh, and did I mention the high priced parking? The hotels on Mannheim will park you for free. Maybe I am just too old for this place.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charlie H
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you very much for you candid review of the hotel. I am glad to hear that you were treated well by the staff. The aloft is a little different from your typical hotel. That being said, you are not too old for the hotel and we hope you can give us another try in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the nicest and newest hotel around Chicago. Free shuttle to/from the airport as well as the Blue Line station. I frequently connect (or mis-connect!) flights here and have been able to check in at basically any time of the day, they always have a room ready. Excellent service. The lobby is fun and playful and the Espresso Machine in the lobby kicks out some serious coffee. Excellent hotel.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you are tired of the same old experience when traveling for business than this is the hotel for you! I had a conference at the nearby convention center. The walk was about 5 minutes or less, but was not pedestrian friendly. They should really consider improving this by a skywalk between the garages. They have a good selection for breakfast and snacks (no free breakfast). They are SUPER close to several resturants and bars. We ate at Five Roses and it was Excellent! My only complaint besides the lack of skywalk is the lumpy comforters. It looks like they went cheap and when they are washed the stuffing lumps up. I was a little cold the first night and had to request a blanket. The pool is small but very cute. No hot tub.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Let's face it, there are a plethera of hotels near O'Hare Airport, so how do you choose? I ended up at Aloft as it was the only hotel with vacancy at a decent price for 2 nights. No surprises here...clean, spacious rooms, free wifi & lobby area desktops available, pet friendly, free airport shuttle, but alas, no free parking (boo). It can be a little noisy as you are very close to O'Hare and the building backs up to I-294. I love the earth friendly perk - if you don't have your linens changed, you receive a coupon for use in the breakfast/snack area. Overall, nothing to write home about, but definitely normal/reliable and would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here because I had an early morning flight. Great small space and nice bathroom with great Bliss amenities. Free wireless internet was a good perk. Had some initial trouble but the front desk sent someone up immediately; turned out I was missing one step. Although no restaurant on site, they did have a bar with snacks and refreshment area where you could pick up things like yogurt, fruit, soft drinks, etc. Within walking distance to several new restaurants- Greek, German, Mexican and American. Free shuttle to/from the airport worked for me. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have a direct connection to walkway leading to restaurant/entertainment co...
1  Thank cindybelm
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on the way home from an international flight. Our requirements were simple: hotel shuttle. We stayed in an aLoft in Ontario, California. They seemed equivalent. The decor is nice and the staff is certainly friendly. I feel that I received what I expected in a hotel such as this. Great tea and coffee in the room. Clean, crisp sheets. Great soap and shampoo, etc.

The reason that I could not give an average or excellent rating is as follows: 1) The rooms really are quite small. 2) Our luggage did not arrive from Istanbul via United Airlines with us. It came on a later flight. I specifically told the staff to hold the bags until the morning. We were exhausted and needed the rest. We went to sleep at 8:00 pm, to only receive a call from the front desk at midnight when United delivered our luggage. I realize they were trying to help, but I clearly communicated my desire.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is decorated very nicely and the workers are awesome; completely absolutely phenomenal! The most beneficial component of this hotel for us besides the exceptional customer service was the shuttle service. This hotel is located very close to the airport so they picked us up, dropped us off and even took us the metro station daily in the snow. This was so beneficial and helpful, given we didn’t rent a car but wanted to spend the day in the Chicago area. The drivers are very kind and helpful; they made us feel very welcome. Use them as a resource for restaurants, local activities, directions.
I only experienced two issues: cleanliness and malfunctioning heater. Regarding cleanliness, the shower, sink area, and refrigerator had the previous guests' hair, which kinda grossed me out. I didn't ask them to reclean it because I figured it should've been cleaned appropriately the first time. I don't like the workers continuously reentering my room, particularly after a complaint. This posed a minor problem, given I didn't feel comfortable placing leftovers in the refrigerator or enjoying long hot showers. Also, the carpet in the room desperately needed cleaning. It’s blue but had orange looking stains on it. I didn’t even want to consider what the stains are.
The final issue was the volume of the air conditioner/heater. Its volume progressively increased throughout the night; we eventually turned it off, as it was quite disruptive. Nevertheless, it wasn't unbearably cold in the room; we still slept quite comfortably because the room held in the heat.

I didn't eat any breakfast but it looked appetizing. I would definitely return again, but in the future I’ll immediately check the room and have them to reclean before I unpack and get settled, if necessary. Also, this trip taught to carry Clorox wipes to all hotel stays and just reclean whether there’s evidence or not.

Room Tip: Check the room for cleanliness prior to unpacking and settling. Ask to be placed in a room with a qu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Aloft Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!