“Local surprise”
Review of 8000 Miles

8000 Miles
Reserve with OpenTable
8000 Miles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Roselle
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a new restaurant, opened last July. The foot and service was excellent. We had a party of four, each ordered a different dish which as it turned out were large enough to share. The Calimaire was fried to perfection. The batter contained scallions which added the right amount of zip to the dish. A strong recommendation.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

8000 Mile was a gem of a find! But make sure you really like it hot, because when they put a pepper next to something, it is on fire! I absolutely love spicy, so I order the schezuan on a regular basis. They have a szechuan beef bowl that is out of sight! Crazy wild wood ear mushrooms, smoked tofu, ultra tender beef, sweet potato noodles and tiny tender baby bamboo shoots are just the beginning! The decor is lovely, ultra-mod, and the service is awesome. Truly a wonderful experience all around. I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially for szechuan lovers, as my boyfriends' beef and broccoli.... not so remarkable.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our second visit to 8000 Miles in the past month. We are huge fans of TL's in Bartlett (same owners) and 8000 Miles is similar, but a smaller menu. The space is larger than TL's with high ceilings and has a "downtown" feel to it. Soft lighting, dark wood, a bar in the back, a little noisy so you can have a conversation with your friends and not worry about being too loud or everyone hearing it. They even have a semi-private room that I supposed would work well for a party.

However it is all about the food after all! The menu provides traditional Chinese favorites, Sushi, Thai, and changing specials. There is lots of flexibility with ordering dishes the way you like them, which people appreciate, We started with dumplings, regular and spicy, both good. I also had the Chicken Dumpling soup, which was nice on a cool night. Would be a great combo with sushi for a lighter dinner. Last visit I had the Shrimp with asparagus - excellent. One of the best stir fry dishes I have ever had. Light, great sauce. My husband has ordered 6 or 7 different types of sushi (on 2 visits) - all well presents and very fresh. This visit my daughter and I split the pad thai. It was very spicy - more than I like but it was still good with tasty chicken that had been freshly cooked, not sitting in a bin all evening. Will be trying the vegetables with tofu on my next visit for sure!

Drinks - Good wine selection, GREAT beer selections and some interesting tiny cocktails. Stick with the beer or wine.

Service - Excellent on both visits - I wish I would have gotten the servers names to give them props here. Friendly and professional!

Crowd - all ages - families, dates, groups of friends. LOVE it! A true neighborhood place where you can dress up or come as you are. Owner Shaun passed through twice to greet diners and he stopped to chat with us. I love this about 8000 Miles. When you put a face on your business, and show people you want them to have a good experience - it keeps them coming back!

We will make 8000 Miles a regular stop for dinner at least once per month. An awesome experience without going downtown!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The girls at the front counter and our server were extremely welcoming and friendly. Service was prompt and attentive.
We had pot stickers and spring rolls. To me, the pot stickers were exactly the same as those you buy frozen at Sam's, and make at home. I like them, but they are not special. Spring rolls were crispy and piping hot.
We had Basil garlic chicken and Orange peel chicken. Portions were generous, hot and tasty.
Server brought more rice, after noticing we had finished the first bowl. She knew the menu well and was happy to answer any questions.
The atmosphere is definitely more upscale than the usual Chinese restaurant. Pretty classy, in fact.
I would like to go back and try some other items.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

we decided to try it for lunch. It is a rather large space, open ceilings, nicely appointed. There is a bar located in the back of the restaurant. This is not a traditional neighborhood Chinese restaurant...it is an upscale place that happens to serve Asian food. Everything we had was quite tasty. The hot & sour soup was quite good and we sampled the scallion pancake roll...a dish we have not seen around here before. It was quite tasty. We also tried their Crazy Roll Maki and it was quite tasty. I don't know if it was a lunch portion or this is their normal portion, but there were only 5 pieces on the plate--arranged beautifully. It was quite good but I could have eaten more. There were some unique desserts although we opted to pass...this could be a fun experience with good food but definitely not a neighborhood restaurant...hope they make it...the track record in this area has been poor.

1  Thank onygo12