“What a find!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Park Rd and Lawrence
Transit: Bulldog Ale House is located steps from the Roselle train station on the Milwaukee District/West(MD-W) Metra Line.
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

If you are a sports fan and like a beer this is the place for you!!! 72 beers on tap and although the menu is above average could do with some ribs on the menu. Also does daily specials which look awesome value. The food which was ordered was very appetising and delicious.

I will return when in the area, that is 100%

Date of visit: July 2019
Matt A, Owner at Bulldog Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2019

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to leave such an awesome review. We enjoy hearing from our happy customers and hope you continue to visit us in the near future.

Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed July 3, 2019

I went to the ale house, very delighted and exited.
Inside it has been busy, but ok.

I ordered my bulldog ale, and waited. Minutes after minutes went by. Ordered my delicious burger, but no beer.

I ordered another beer, due the ale has been sold out. In a brewery?
My burger came , but no beer.

The burger 28 is very good but the fries have been sooooo soft and not tasty.

I have had to pay my warm beer, too.

Cooling went down also .

One time and no more.

Date of visit: July 2019
Matt A, Owner at Bulldog Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2019

Roter, i’m very sorry to hear about your visit. I will most definitely share this with my management team to improve this in the near future. I can assure you that this is not a normal practice for us and I will do everything in my power to make sure it doesn’t repeat itself. I will also communicate with my kitchen to make sure that the french fries are fresh each and every time. Thank you for your feedback again.

Reviewed March 12, 2019

Nothing really special about the food here - but this location is MUCH nicer than the Carol Stream location.... that's for sure.

The pizza is good - and Thursday night is great for the chicken tenders. Careful though - the ketchup they serve in the dish is spicy - so if you don't like spicy, ask for a bottle of ketchup!

Service is spotty - sometimes awesome, sometimes terrible.

Lots of beer to choose from, and plenty of TVs to watch.

Date of visit: December 2018

Panda, thank you for taking the time to review. I will make sure to communicate with my management team to make sure their is consistent service each and every visit. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

We stopped by for dinner a few nights ago. We don’t usually frequent chain restaurants, but didn’t realize we had been at a different location of this same chain until we saw the menu item “Goat in a Date”. With a unique salad name like that, we quickly made the connection and were pleased, as I HAD given the Rolling Meadows location a 5 star rating. This experience was very different.

The restaurant is VERY dark. In fact, my husband and I had to move around in our booth to find lighting sufficient to read the menu....which explains how I didn’t notice the fiesta salad I ordered came with buffalo chicken... which I don’t like, and doesn’t typically come on a “fiesta” salad. I didn’t eat my meal and explained this to the server when she came by. She simply said, “oh, sorry about that”, and that was the end of it.

My daughter ordered an Oreo milkshake, but at a price of $8, we were surprised when it came in a very small cup, smaller than our water glasses.

My husband and I ordered beer flights, but no expectation of what the beers were was offered when they were served.

Our server was pleasant enough, but we expected a bit more, particularly since we were very impressed with the other location we had visited. We feel the prices, particularly that of the tiny milkshake, didn’t match our experience.

Date of visit: February 2019
Matt A, Owner at Bulldog Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Knowik,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We take guest feedback very seriously and appreciate the time it took to write. I will share this with our management team to be better aware of the ambience. In addition, We want our guests to enjoy what they order and I am very sorry that the salad wasn’t immediately replaced with an item of your selection. This is not a normal practice for us and I would like to make it right by you. I would like to invite you on your next visit to enjoy a meal of your choice, Plus a true sized Oreo milkshake on us. We want our guests to feel like they are “taken care of”, each and every visit each and every day. Please email your info to our Area Director and it will be taken care of. Bulldog_dani@yahoo.com. Again our deepest apologies. We hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed January 15, 2019

Check out the menu on line for daily specials and coupons..always something good for a fair price. Great burgers and nice beer selection, but try the chicken and waffles for a treat. Would recommend.

Date of visit: January 2019
Matt A, Owner at Bulldog Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you back again soon.