“Wonderful Personalized Experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Roselle B&B and Inns
Elgin, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful Personalized Experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We celebrated our 10-year anniversary at the Lynfred Winery B&B and stayed in the Italian Suite. To say that our stay was wonderful is an understatement! Everything was beyond our expectations.

The room is gorgeous. The bathroom is all marble with a huge walk in shower with 4 shower heads. The toiletries that came with the bathroom were wonderful.The bed was amazingly comfortable with really fluffy pillows. The floors were nice and warm from the radiant heating and the music (or movies, etc.) playing on the TV is piped into the bathroom. I really liked that feature. The mini fridge was stocked with drinks, a dessert plate and a fruit and cheese plate with accompanying crostinis and fresh bread. The room also came with 2 bottles of Lynfred Wine of our choice (Delish!). It also comes with several starter logs for the wood burning fireplace. We used several!

Right after we got there, we had a private tour of the winery and a wine tasting in our room. We got the antipasto platter and the bacon wrapped chicken appetizers for our dinner. The portion sizes were great and definitely enough for our meals. Both were delicious. We sat on the outdoor balcony to enjoy our meal. In the morning we had our breakfast served in our room. I ordered the eggs benedict and it was the best that I've ever had! Breakfast came with potatoes, fruit, pastries, coffee and juice.

I was so surprised when I opened our door and found a HUGE gift bag that they had also given us. Which included another bottle of wine and many, many other wonderful things! The attention to detail and personalized service was amazing and I simply can not wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have been wine club members at Lynfred Winery for many years and always have wanted to stay at the B & B. We were lucky enough to stay in the Italian Suite for our 22nd Wedding Anniversary.
The Suite was beautiful! It was very clean and decorated in a way that I felt I was in Italy! The amenities were luxurioius and the best I've ever experienced.
The amount of food you receive in your suite and for breakfast was abundant and very, very good!
The service at the B & B and and in the winery was exceptional and I would love to return soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2014

For my birthday, my husband surprised me with an overnight stay at the Lynfred Winery Bed & Breakfast. We are wine club members, but it was our first stay at the B&B. Needless to say, we were thoroughly impressed. The staff was helpful and friendly.The Italian Suite was romantic with a massive double shower and jacuzzi tub. Two bottles of wine, of our choosing, were chilled. An array of crostinis and a delectable tray of cheeses, fruits and salami were left for us to nosh on. Let's not forget the incredible sweet tray that awaited us too. When we came back from our tasting, we found a bag loaded with more goodies and ANOTHER bottle of wine! We were truly pampered. The next morning was met with a sumptuous breakfast, too big to name, but I will mention - cannoli French toast, that was fit for a king and queen...and that's exactly like I felt for a day. Thank you, Lynfred Winery, as always for the delicious wine, but now, for an unforgettable birthday too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are incredible but if you are looking for the suite with the most impressive/romantic...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Wheaton, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My review will take on a spin. Reason being, I actually won the stay at the B and B for selling the most Lynfred Christmas wine as a distributor. I'm quite passionate about the wine, but never experienced a stay at the B and B. In one word, I would describe it as "Memorable". I always market the B and B, but now I could actually give a first-hand recommendation. From when we checked in at 3 PM until our checkout at 11 AM (which I would prefer a later checkout) the attention to detail was impeccable. Both my boyfriend and I felt like part of the Lynfred Family. It actually is a hidden gem and hope to uncover it many more times. I'm so proud to represent what I believe is to be one of the Best wineries in the Midwest.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful; however, we stayed in the American Room because of the whirlpool jac...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed in the American suite for Valentine's Day, our first stay at Lynfred. Wow. I don't think I can even do it justice. The suite was beautiful and elegant and quite spacious. The bath featured a large whirlpool for two and had heated floors and towels, quite a treat on a cold night. The bed was extremely comfortable and had lots of cozy pillows available. The sitting area had a natural fireplace. As others have mentioned in reviews, we were treated like royalty. When we arrived, we were offered wine samples before even checking in. The woman checking us in, Katie, was extremely welcoming and friendly. She showed us everything in the suite and later, at a time of our choice, provided a private tour of the wine operation. We were allowed to choose two bottles of wine as part of our package and she took them up to our room. As part of the special holiday package, we also got a bottle of sparkling wine, delivered in an ice bucket after we were given samples to make sure we liked it, and a delicious pizza, brought up at our chosen time, as well as a delicious chocolate fondue.

The room fridge contained complimentary water, soda, juice, and fruit and cheese plates. A basket of crackers was on the counter, along with an assortment of wine glasses so any wine could be enjoyed properly. There were plates, utensils, cloth napkins, salt and pepper shakers, and a small coffeemaker. Chocolates were on the bed.

Breakfast, ordered ahead of our arrival, was brought up at the time of our choice. They called before coming up to assure we were ready. It was a wonderful meal with all the trimmings, set up for us on a table in the sitting room. Besides the eggs and toast, it included potatoes, fruit, bacon, and fresh squeezed orange juice. To-go boxes were included in case there was too much food. In short, they thought of everything.

To cap off all of this, when we were leaving, there was a gift bag outside our door containing another bottle of wine, a mini-bread, jam, scones, truffles, hot chocolate mix, a newspaper, and a certificate for a free loaf of bread in the gift shop.

I had wondered if this visit would be worth the cost. It absolutely was worth every penny. What a beautiful place to spend a special evening with your love! I cannot recommend it highly enough and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine M
Wood Dale, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Our second visit to Lynfred's B&B was just as wonderful as the first! The staff is incredibly helpful and sweet, the accomodations are superb, the food is delectable, and the wine is divine! A winter's evening with heated floors and a crackling fire in the living room of our suite was the perfect accompaniment to our evening collection of appetizers and then the next mornings' bountiful breakfast. The bed was perfect even for this finicky sleeper. It was a magical stay. We can't wait until our next visit and we can't recommend this B&B highly enough. Be sure to come to Lynfred Winery and B&B.

Room Tip: The American and Italian Suites are the bigger rooms with King sized beds.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2014

When asked what I wanted for my birthday this year, the answer was easy. Another night at Lynfred. This was our 4th time staying there. The rooms are so romantic, cozy, and beautiful. The wine is, of course, terrific, along with all the food. The people that work there are so sweet and fun to talk to. I would highly recommend staying in one of the suites if you get a chance. It is well worth the money! It's a way to "get away" without traveling far.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roselle
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Schaumburg
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
The Herrington Inn & Spa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Lynfred Winery Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!