“More for your money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Roselle
Marietta, Georgia
“More for your money”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. Rooms are spacious, modern, and very clean. Breakfast was nice, with a good selection and large space with tables. Although there were several teen sports groups staying during part of my visit, it was quiet enough and I was undisturbed. The location is great - close to the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway which will take you to 290 and 355, to Lake Street, and to Stratford Square Mall. Couldn't beat the promotional price I received by being a rewards member with Country Inn & Suites by Carlton. Will return again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave. There was no annoying HVAC noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was one of the best hotel facilities I have ever stayed at. Quiet, full of amenities and reasonably priced. That being said, I had made a reservation in September for a Christmas week stay. All was well, I had confirmed my reservation a week before arriving, until I arrived and found that the hotel manager had cancelled my reservation. Why?? I don't know. The desk clerk was very professional and got us (re)registered for a very pleasant stay. Other than that, this would have been a 5+ star review.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Picked this hotel for its location close to the in-laws. It completely fits the bill for location and cleanliness. Have nothing bad to say at all. Will stay at this hotel again when in the area. Free breakfast was similar to what is served at Hampton Inn’s.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is about a mile from my sister & brother in law's home so this is the 2nd time my mother and I stayed here. This time we shared a room with 2 queen beds. The room was spacious, very clean, and the beds were comfortable. Had a hard time keeping the HVAC from over heating the room so I turned it off both nights. Breakfast was fine - clean serving area and plenty of food. Desk staff was kind and helpful with replacing missing towels, allowing me to make a copy, and adjusting our reservation due to a major lake effect snow event in Michigan. The only suggestion for improvement would be to put 2 luggage stands in rooms with 2 beds. I used the desk for my luggage.

Room Tip: Try the Brunch Cafe in the strip mall nearest the hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We made our reservations in August for an October soccer tournament and selected a suite, with two queen beds and a sleeper-sofa so that our family of five could sleep comfortably. When we arrived to check in, we were told by the grumpy women at the counter that they didn't have that room available. When we questioned why our reservation wasn't honored, they said they had other guests in those rooms and could not kick them out. When we were checking in, there was another family complaining about the same issue. We ended up putting three people in a queen bed, and it was a rough night of sleep. The customer service was poor (the next day they apologized and gave us a small discount), and the breakfast isn't good. There are so many better places to pick than this one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 510Julie2013
Minnesota
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel itself was clean and check in was fine. I was very disappointed that they would not allow an early check in (I was there at 1 pm, and check is in 3 pm)--I am even a Carlson reward member. I had driven for several hours and did not account for the time zone change in my arrival. They were rude at the front desk when telling me this. I asked the front desk for suggestions on things to do in the area for the next two hours. The staff's recommendation: mini golf (and it was 90+ degrees outside). I am a half hour away from EVERYTHING in Chicago and she recommended mini golf. Disappointing. Side note, the hotel appeared to have tons of rooms, and the parking lot was empty, I cannot imagine it was booked solid and the hotel housekeeping staff did not have one single room available until 3 pm.

Once we did check in it was smooth, and quick. The room was clean and large. I never had a chance to check out the pool and hot tub (we had event tickets that night) and an early check out the next day. The business center was in the breakfast area, the computer that was provided was slow and the screen was in view of everyone in the area. I needed to use it to print out tickets for an event Saturday night.

We tried to get breakfast in the morning, and was there around 7:15, it was noisy and chaotic. We grabbed our food and checked out quickly.

Simply for the lack of allowing us to get into our room a bit early, I would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel will not allow early check in, even for rewards members.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank breezeeMN
Carlson Hotels C, Corporate at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
We apologize for the disappointment of not being able to check in early during your stay. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. The weekend of July 19-21 was a very busy weekend and having rooms cleaned and prepared prior to the posted 3p.m time was difficult with a full house. We are sorry this was not explained in a more appropriate manner.

Your feedback has been provided to the management at the hotel to ensure all operations run smoothly and most efficiently for our guests.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Well I just checked in.. Room is clean. Carpet in this room which is a suite has stains.but I have 3 rooms. The others are not like this..I have not checked out the other stuff.. Like fitness room and stuff. If anything changes I will write another review.. By the way.. I got a great Internet rate of 75! Anyway.. I am impressed !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roselle
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale
#3 of 3 in Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Chicago/Hoffman Estates

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle? Share your experiences!