“Easy, rural, scenic ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stone Bridge Trail

Stone Bridge Trail
rockford ,IL
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Easy, rural, scenic ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

The trail is basically flat as you head north. You go through farm fields, but through a forested area which is pleasantly shaded. The trail was once a railroad. There is a historic Stone Bridge which can be viewed by walking down a rather steep set of well maintained stairs. It is a great place to stop. The trail is paved for much of the ride. Part of it is well packed gravel, easy to navigate. We usually do an easy 14-15 mile round trip. We are reminded on the way back, headed south, that there is a slight climb. This is usually after we have stopped for lunch at Poison Ivy on Elevator Road.

Visited August 2014

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful, Flat, Open Trail Great for Running/Biking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I frequently use this trail for running and biking. It's very straight and flat so it's easy for me to run while my kids bike. Even if they get far ahead of me, I can easily see them. It is an old train track that is now paved gravel with trees growing over. Beautiful, peaceful path that is very safe for visiting on your own as well.

Visited July 2014
Roscoe, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Stone Bridge Trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is an amazing trail for walking, hiking or riding your bike. It is part of the rails to trails where they turn an old railroad track into a trail. This trail starts in Roscoe and connects with other trails, you can ride your bike all the way to Caledonia. I love this trail because you don't have to worry about traffic, there are a few times you will have to stop so you can cross a street but the trail is pretty much country. Corn fields and forest.

Visited June 2014