“More than an auto museum”

Historic Auto Museum
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Roscoe
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hidden gem is definitely worth a visit. The museum contains famous cars and stars, gangster land, world of speed, movie land memorabilia, Abraham Lincoln exhibit, and world leaders. Everything from Elvis to President Kennedy. The museum is tucked away in an industrial area, but worth finding. Check out their website for more information, and directions.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I live in Roscoe and I tell everyone you MUST SEE this place. The name might imply simply Autos...but, that is far from the case. If you are intrigued by the Kennedy era you MUST see the multitude of Kennedy related items...including Jackie Kennedy's dresses and gowns. They displays are well done and there are displays that will amaze you. Our grandson loves the room that has the Batmobile Cars. Our son enjoyed seeing the Delorean from the movie Back To The Future...and he laughed out loud at the Family Truckster.....FUN FOR ALL.. NOTE: Their hours vary so...call first!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My girlfriend took me there to spend some time out.I wasn't disappointed at all!so much to look at and everything is so interesting.will b back again for round 2!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Saw this museum referenced during a tv documentary on the making of the movie Vacation since it is the home of the Truckster Station Wagon from the film. Finally got a chance to stop by driving home from Madison WI. Very easy to find off the highway (check hours during off season).

I spent 2 hrs there by myself. Only people in there were a family of 4 and a guy with his mom. For $12 I saw some of the coolest pop cultural historic artifacts I could think of. They should also bill this place as a wax museum since it was full of wax figures (from Hitler to Fred Sanford).

I have been to the JFK museum in Boston and the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas. The artifacts here are at par with those historic places.

Doubt kids would have all that much fun there, but for a guy born in the 70's, this was my kind of museum. Don't miss it.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This museum is certainly one of a kind. It has so many things to offer but we really liked the Presidential collection within. The collection of President Kennedy"s things there is beyond belief!! Apparently the owner of this great collection has the same appreciation that I do. I think that it is so kind of him to share the great collection that he has. From the area where you start to enter the Presidential Limos leading to that fateful day in American History, Dallas, I cannot describe the connection that it had within me. Those vehicles could not bring you any closer to the tragedy of that day. From the personal Presidential Limos of JFK, the Secret Service car that was right behind him when the assassination occurred to the ambulance that carried Oswald to Parkland Hospital, WOW!!! Then there are all the personal items of the late President too. I have been to DC twice and have not seen the things there that this gentleman has gathered a few short miles right from my home in WI. The items from the White House are really something to see too. And, so much more!!
All I can say to the owner of this collection is: Thank you so much for sharing all of these things!! I plan on returning again and have been telling all of my friends and they have shared the same interest as I in seeing this great collection. Thank-You so much!!

John S.