“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Romeoville
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This appears to be one of the 'original' Country Inn layouts... The outside looks a little worn, but the inside is fine... Smiling front desk and very helpful, needed to add a room, and it is was done almost immediately... Great location right on highway... 5 restaurants (and two gas station/convince stores) within walking distance. Sell Beer to go till midnight. Rooms and Suites ( I rented both in one stay) are little smaller than most properties. It is tight to even get an air mattress on floor. The attention to detail is what I like about Carlson properties and this one had the attention. It is a good value for Chicago area (w/ the breakfast). We stayed in rooms facing the highway and did NOT hear it all night. Older property, great service and good value for a 'highway' hotel.

Room Tip: Upper Rooms have less traffic. (Pool, workout room, laundry, vending, breakfast, ice machine) all on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric L
Romeoville60446, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks you for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are updating the faced of the building and other small changes are coming but I'm glad you enjoyed the comfortable interior and that you found many amenities close to the hotel.
We look forward to your next stay with us!!!!!

Jose Quintero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good room layout. Doors have a closing device that slams them...building shakes.

Hallway noise and noise through the walls is as if they were transparent.

Can be mitigated somewhat by turning fan to continuous and closing the bedroom door.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim O
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay.
I want to apologize about the noise issues you experienced while staying with us.
Furthermore, I wanted to inform you that we are working to mitigate the hallway noise you spoke about.
I invite you to give us a second change and experience the comfort we are known for.

Chicago, Illinois USA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The customer service at this budget-oriented hotel is first rate. The property is clean and well maintained. My parents have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting in town and it has been a good stay each time. It is located right next to a Cracker Barrel and that is a nice location next to the highway. Despite being located next to the highway, it is pretty quiet and a safe place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChicagoFamily2010
Romeoville60446, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, we are pleased to hear that
Country Inn and Suites has become your parents home away from home.
Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next visit!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had never stayed in a Country Inn & Suite hotel before, so I didn't know what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised! It had a very nice welcoming and home-like feel to it. My only "complaint", although I'm not complaining, would be that when we arrived at 3am (due to delayed flights) the attendant must have been sleeping b/c she did not hear us come in or using our voice to call for her. We had to stand in the lobby and call on our cell phone to get her to come to the front desk. It was 3am, so I imagine she was tired. The room was nice and clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable! I've seen a few reviews about it being right on the highway (what hotel in this area is NOT by a highway?! lol), and although it is, the noise wasn't overwhelming at all, I'm not even sure if I noticed it. We had a hard time connecting to the internet bc of our lack of knowledge and the front desk was very helpful and accommodating to help us get it working.
The breakfast area was very nicely done and clean! After leaving and returning home, I realized that I left a bag of jewelry in the hotel room. I called and they had it stored away safely in lost & found. They agreed to mail it and I'm just waiting to receive that now.
We had a very nice visit and will be more than happy to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather J
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.
I'm glad we provided you with "home like feeling" and that you enjoyed our breakfast which is very plentiful and yes my breakfast attendant does a great job keeping the area clean, thank you for noticing.
I also wanted to inform you that I have attended to the Audit issue you spoke of and will ensure that it does not happen in again.
We look forward to your next visit and thank you for the feedback.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to get away for the weekend. A friend of ours suggested this hotel.. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED!
GREAT breakfast and the customer service was one I have not experienced in a very long time!
Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Away from the highway
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Romeoville60446, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding Great!!! breakfast and our customer service
We look forward to your next visit and thank you for staying with us.

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romeoville
Comfort Inn Romeoville
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#8 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Days Inn & Suites Romeoville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville? Share your experiences!