Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Romeoville
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Surprisingly, a very nice stay - we didn't expect to be delighted, just didn't feel like driving back into the City after a night out. We have had friends and relatives stay at other hotels local to the area, and don't know how we missed this one. It is truly superior to the competition. Clean, quiet, hotel staff attentive, friendly and polite - breakfast was good - not just a bagel and a banana! Nice touches like free coffee and cookies in the Lobby - a book exchange - comfy common areas to sit and read. Don't bother with any other hotel in the area - stay HERE!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Romeoville60446, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you so much for the opportunity to be of service and for your kind words. We always strive to ensure our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay. We love that you appreciate our extras like cookies, coffee and our expanded breakfast. Thank you so much again for choosing Country Inn & Suites Romeoville. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My co-worker and I shared a room here for four nights. We really enjoyed the stay. The beds were comfortable and clean, the service was great, and the reservation process was very easy. Our shower was very clean, and had wonderful water pressure. We did not eat breakfast there, but it did look very good. There was a nice assortment of waffles, muffins, cereal, juices, coffee, etc.

I only have two complaints:

1. The hotel is very close to the freeway. Some rooms (like ours) face that freeway and it is pretty noisy. The windows don't block much noise.

2. The Wi-Fi isn't all that great. There were three different connections, all of them were weak and slow. It took 5 minutes or more to connect to any of them. Since I was there on business and needed the internet, it was a bit of an annoying hassle.

I would definitely stay here again. However, if it was for business, I would make sure I had another way to connect to the internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MissNikki930
Romeoville60446, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am pleased to announce we just signed a new contract to upgrade our Wi-Fi to a much faster and more reliable service provider. It is important to us to cater to both our leisure and business travelers. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our complete breakfast buffet selections. We hope to be of service again soon. Please do not hesitate to call me if there is anything further I can assist with going forward.

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Had 3 rooms four 4 nights all rooms were very clean and comfortable. Beds comfortable air worked great. The breakfast was pretty good and the choices varied everyday which was nice. They have real plates, glasse, and coffe mugs which is nice to not eat off of styrofoam ( hate that stuff). Everything in workout room worked well. The only bad thing was the spa was recently filled in with concrete. Not that I use those at hotels ( eeww) but it looked a little unsightly. Everyone at front desk was friendly and cheerful. I would recommend . I will stay again when my next project is in town.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments via Trip Advisor! We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We try our absolute best to ensure every guest is comfortable and completely satified during their stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon. Please call me anytime, if there is anything I can personally assist with going forward.

Warm regards,

630-378-1052

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed there for about 3 months and fixing to return. Everyone there was very friendly! Very easy access to I-55 and anything you need is very close. The rooms are very clean and you have room service 3 times a week, and free breakfast every morning. The breakfast is above average compared to most hotels I've been to. Dorian and the rest of her staff are very professional! I would advise anyone to stay here and take it from me, I'm pretty picking so thats saying alot! I'm in another hotel now in the same area, (very nasty)!!! Waiting for my reservation, can't wait to get back! See yall soon!!!!!

Room Tip: There is no spa, but a great pool area! Thats why I replied to the spa this way. Great rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words! We love to hear from all of our guests and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us here at Country Inn & Suites Romeoville! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. As always, if there is ever anything further we can do to ensure your 100% satisfaction, please call me anytime.

Country Inn & Suites Romeoville
630-378-1052

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I travel every year to the Lockport, North Joliet area for a week and always stay at this hotel. The rooms are comfortable, modern and the air is cold during the hot summer months. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the hotel is right off the highway - a quick trip to Midway airport and downtown Chicago. I have visited other hotels in the area and overall - this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! On behalf of all of our staff, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our employees and facility while you were here with us. Our staff works hard to insure each guest that comes to stay with us have an enjoyable experience.

Thanks once again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Please call us anytime if there is anything further we can do to be of service.

Country Inn & Suites Romeoville

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed 3 days for my cousin's wedding in Bolingbrook. Choose this hotel because it is 2 miles from the wedding & there is a Cracker Barrel right next door (we don't have Cracker Barrel in LA). The lobby was clean. The staff was nice. (Stephanie and Joanna - thanks for taking good care of my parents!). The lobby has coffee/tea & cookies 24/7. The breakfast was better than I expected. Hot breakfast included oatmeal, eggs, potatoes and saugage. They also had variety of toast, bagels, muffins, cold cereal, milk, juices, and coffee/tea. Our room was on the highway side and was noisy. Drive to Chicago is only 40 minutes and no toll roads! Loc is close to gas station, Tilted Kilt Bar, Walmart,Target and McDonalds. Not bad for a highway hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the highway!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor! We are always so glad to here from guests that are here with us for a wedding or special event. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a wonderful review about the hotel and your experience here with us!!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

When we booked a regular room online we were offered a promotion. This offer was given after the booking and it stated, "Premium rooms may go unsold and can be offered at check-in for as little as $5 extra per night". Darlene was at the desk, (we waited for 10 minutes for her to show up), and she said that we could not do this offer because we booked online. I showed her the printed copy of the offer and she then said that it was a new promotion and she had never done it before. Then we said all she had to do was charge us $10 more, since we were staying 2 nights and it would be $10 for the 2 nights. She said the computer showed several suites available but they were not ready. This was at 4:00 PM. So she called one of the staff to see how long it would be to clean a suite for us. Then she tried to charge us the extra $10. She couldn't figure it out, and suddenly there were no more suites available clean or dirty. She simply could not figure out how to charge us the extra $10! She said the computer told her that no suites were available for the second night of our stay. Well, the next day, my husband went to the desk to get some towels since our room had not been cleaned. He saw the desk clerk give a key card for a suite to a guest. So one was available after all, Darlene was not competent enough to offer us the promotion. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor! However, we were sold out everyday last week and we were unable to upgrade you. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed this with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Dorian Pruitte

Also consider these accommodations in or near Romeoville
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Comfort Inn Romeoville
Comfort Inn Romeoville
#2 of 5 in Romeoville
Best Western Plus North Joliet
Days Inn & Suites Romeoville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville? Share your experiences!